IGNORED

Planning Next trip including Laos

Chrissy

Hi Guys.

Done my two pattaya holidays this year and am saving for end of this year/start of next year.

Ive done two 10 days holidays this year and have averaged 5000baht a day.

Next time i visit i am planning on staying around 3 weeks give or take a few days.

Id like too devise my plan early on so i can start looking into things.

Basically on my next visit i want too...

1. Spend 10-14 days pattaya

2. spend 3-7 days in laos

3. Go to a full moon party

4. Maybe visit khao sok national park

What order these things are done it doesn't matter but i have put them in order of importance to me.

I dont want to be constantly travelling.

If someone could guide me in the right direction about booking travel and how to travel etc.

Im thinking of flying into bangkok (im english but always use jet airways as its cheap) - This would be booked from england

From Bangkok im thinking of flying too laos via air asia - This would be booked from bangkok (if possible i wouldnt know how to do this nor do i know about cost)

Another option is to get the night train which i have no idea how to book or prices or how to get to vientiane and then get to vang vieng.

Then Back to bangkok and over to koh phangan or straight there? Do the full moon party...then heading to pattaya for my 2 week holiday.

Ive seen you can also do tubing at khao sok which would obviously be alot closer to koh phangan but ive heard the tubing isn't great there??

Im a big drinker and i suppose my budget is around 150 000 baht plus travel expenses

Thanks for your help

Basically on my next visit i want too...

1. Spend 10-14 days pattaya

2. spend 3-7 days in laos

3. Go to a full moon party

4. Maybe visit khao sok national park

What order these things are done it doesn't matter but i have put them in order of importance to me.

I dont want to be constantly travelling.

If someone could guide me in the right direction about booking travel and how to travel etc.

Im thinking of flying into bangkok (im english but always use jet airways as its cheap) - This would be booked from england

From Bangkok im thinking of flying too laos via air asia - This would be booked from bangkok (if possible i wouldnt know how to do this nor do i know about cost)

Another option is to get the night train which i have no idea how to book or prices or how to get to vientiane and then get to vang vieng.

Air Asia don't fly BKK to Vientiane. The nearest airport they use is Udon Thani.

I've done vang vieng to BKK in one day. I took a mini-van from Vang Vieng to Vientiate. They drop you off in some minor bus station, so you have no option but to take one of their mates taxi to where you want to go. From there I took a taxi to the Laos / Thai border and crossed over the border on foot. The other side of the border there are taxis waiting to take you to either Udon Thani itself or the airport.

The night train can be booked at the central train station.

You might want to check out Lonely Planet's thorntree forum to plan a trip like this.

bb69