Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Using iphone 4 in Thailand inexpensively

marionberry71

Does anyone know if you can purchase a Thai "pay-as-you-go" plan that can be used with your American iphone? I'm mostly interested in being able to use the Internet feature of the iphone when I'm not connected to WiFi at the hotel. Thanks for any insight.

If its not network/carrier locked, simply buy a lcoal simcard from fx 12Call, top up the credit, dial 1175 and ask for a GPRS/EDGE package x amoutn of hours. 100 hours will cost you 350 baht plus tax. That shud sort you out for your stay here.

I believe that all American purchased IPhone 4's are carrier locked, even those purchased directly from Apple at the full price.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

If its not network/carrier locked, simply buy a lcoal simcard from fx 12Call, top up the credit, dial 1175 and ask for a GPRS/EDGE package x amoutn of hours. 100 hours will cost you 350 baht plus tax. That shud sort you out for your stay here.

One2call is 799 baht per month unlimited, thats what I use.

One2call is 799 baht per month unlimited, thats what I use.

That would be my choice too If you are here for longer than just a holiday. Not sure how long the OP is in Thailand for tho...

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that all American purchased IPhone 4's are carrier locked, even those purchased directly from Apple at the full price.

Apple started selling an unlocked iPhone 4 for full retail price relatively recently, about $650 plus tax. I have mine sitting in front of me.

If you switch from an iPhone 3G or 3GS you will have to either cut your SIM down to a microSIM or get a new microSIM and have your local carrier assign your telephone number to it.

Of course now the iPhone 5 is coming out, but who knows if it will be available unlocked.

I live here and get the 50 hours for 200 bht package and that is usually sufficient since i dont surf much when out and about for obvious reasons!

I have my iphone set to pick up the wifi at my apartment for free when at home so why the 200 bht package works for me.