IGNORED

April Suites - Review

hernandez88

Hi everybody,

I was supposed to stay there only 2 days but I was so thrilled at April Suites that I chose to extend my stay to one full week. It's time now to do a simple review about my stay in this lovely hotel.

I stayed here during low season so the price I got were quite good. I paid 1.050B every day all included. I bought the first 2 nights online on Agoda.com but it was a little bit less expensive directly at the reception desk.

--- hotel ---

The hotel is ideally located between Soi6 and Soi7 - next to Tropicana and Hard Rock Café. Very close to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital. So, it's not near WS or the night action but if you're looking for a peaceful place, you found it. They aren't any bars nearby (200m). You got 2-3 "mini-shops" literally next to the hotel and one guy with a food (meat-fish) trolley every single night. You may also find a nice French restaurant down the street to second road (good breakfast).

The staff is young but efficient from what I've seen so far. They have a porter during night time and he would be pleased to help you with any enquiries. The receptionist team is really great. I had to deal with them a few times (extension of my stay, laundry, few recommendations,...) and every time it was done in a smoothly way. I'm not sure but I think THE manager or one of the man in charge is living in front of the main entrance. This guy helped me once with the trolley-guy because he didn't want to accept a pretty nice tip.

They have a nice lobby with a small bar which is currently not used from what I understood during the check-in. It doesn't matter because they have a useful room service even available at the swimming pool located on the roof. The pool is not very big but still enough to have good time. A bar is available there too. Towels are provided as long as you need some by the people working over there. The view from the roof is really nice. Bad point about the roof area is the closing time. After 6:30pm, you have to quit the area. Never been there at that time so I don't know how they handle this situation. That was really a bad point to me because I wanted to use the gym facilities located there before going out. I asked them the first night if it was possible to make an exception but they said NO. A small no though, so I'm pretty sure that if I had insisted, they'd have said fine.

I had a standard room, I'm not sure about that but it wasn't a problem at all. The mattress was really pleasant and the size room more than acceptable for that price. Each floor has his own wireless router (complimentary of course - also available in the lobby with a computer for guests) and you could without any issues connect to floor number 3 from the 4. The network's quality was OK most of the time. Didn't have any problems during my stay but I wasn't on line all day long :D

I checked on their website and they're saying that they have double bed...to me it's more a king bed but never mind. I had a really small balcony with a chair and a table. Enough to take a nap there as it's quiet. A fridge was also available and a big one (4-5 trays). A safe is available in every single room in the hotel. It was big enough to put my 13' inside but I think not enough for more than that unfortunately. In front of the bed you got a LCD TV with lots of channels.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/april_suites_pattaya.html

img0896j.jpg

img0897j.jpg

img0898p.jpg

img0909ac.jpg

The bathroom was very well furnished and totally new. Amenities, 2 towels + 2 hand towels were available every day. I had nearly every day the cleaning lady knocking at my door at 4pm asking if she can clean my room. She was pretty upset once when I said NO, then, I asked her to give a quick shot 30 minutes later when I was heading the pool. I gave her a good tip and she smiled the rest of my stay. I never asked to clean my room more than once in a day. No bathtub!

img0908b.jpg

img0910cz.jpg

img0907nw.jpg

img0906v.jpg

--- AREA ---

So, from the hotel to WS, count 5-10mins by scooter or a little bit more with a bath bus. It costs 30-40B with a scooter. You got drivers down the street around second road (15 seconds). There is a bank office on the left hand-side with a ATM distributor. In front of the bank, you got Tops Supermarket and a bowling venue (nice place if you want to kill some time with your GF).

You've got some massage places and other grocery stores like Boots next to Tops too. If you cross the main road, you're heading Soi7/8 and you'll have a lot of fun there I swear to god.

Soi6 is just 5 minutes walking distance on your right when you are on Second Road. If you don't know Soi6, you don't know Pattaya :)

There is a Disco Alcazar nearby as well, don't remember the name but I got freebies there on my way back home in the morning.

--- CONCLUSION ---

For the price I paid (1050B), I was really surprised by the overall quality of the hotel regarding his age. It's a new hotel based on the know-how of his sister, August Suites, located 5 minutes from April Suites. If you're looking for a quiet location, that hotel really worth every penny. It would not suit someone looking for go-go bars and the crowds. It's too far from WS and you may find better hotels near what you're looking for.

nice review

i'm in August Suites at the minute

This got my attention

There is a Disco nearby as well, don't remember the name and I got freebies there on my way back home in the morning.

didnt know there was disco around here :Circle_Sharks:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Never been inside but seems to be :D

But every morning I went home by that way ( 4 times so far ) I met lovely ladies near the parking there. It's probably Alcazar, the cabaret. I also liked one of the bar next to Second Road near Soi5 or Soi4, don't remember. Lots of fresh meat.

I should have add that the hotel policy is no joiner fees as long as you have only one guest. They take IDs at the reception which is a good thing.

My rookie mistake.

How Auguste Suites so far? From my roof I can see your pool and almost always empty but seems to be nice.

Edited by hernandez88

Never been inside but seems to be :D

But every morning I went home by that way ( 4 times so far ) I met lovely ladies near the parking there. It's probably Alcazar, the cabaret. I also liked one of the bar next to Second Road near Soi5 or Soi4, don't remember. Lots of fresh meat.

My rookie mistake.

How Auguste Suites so far? From my roof I can see your pool and almost always empty but seems to be nice.

love august, done 5 trips here so far. very similiar to april, just rooms are bigger thats all.. .

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

quote hernandez88

A safe is available in every single room in the hotel. It was big enough to put my 13' inside

MY oh my!! You are one aawwweeeeessssoooommmmmmeeeee man!!! :LMAO1:

Thank you for the review. I have stayed at August Suites twice and thinking about April Suites for my next trip.

I walked past April and the area between 2nd road and the hotel looked a bit rough, but that may not be a problem? Also is it any noise from outside or other guests inside?

No rough at all. I did not hear people next doors during my stay but I'm the kind of guy who can sleep next to a jet perfectly :D It wasn't full as well but I can say that more than 50% of the rooms in my floor were busy.

It's a calm area, probably more than August because August is near a main road, April is in a very small street, a good 100m from Second Road. I forgot to say that the took a 2000B deposit when I'm arrived but gave me everything back during the checkout minus the laundry fees.

@slalom: :Whistle::FunnyPost1:(forgot a word)

I am going back to this place next week, and I enjoy April Suites just as much as you. This is really a fantastic hotel for the money. From the pics it seems, that you have a Mac computer. I was never able to connect my Mac with the wifi in the hotel. I didn't figure out how to use the code, I was given, and the staff couldn't help me either. They were not familiar with Mac.

Can you give me a hint what to do? :001_Thank_You5:

Yes, that's an "old" Mac. They just gave me a piece of paper with a username and password.

First, select one of the network available, then, once you open your browser, you'll be redirected to a temporary page asking your credentials. I'm mostly using Firefox with No-script plugin which was a problem at first because it blocks all javascript and this is required to be redirected.

Just use Safari like usual and you should be fine. If you have any issues, try to delete the cache of your browser, quit the application and re-try.

Edited by hernandez88

Yes, that's an "old" Mac. They just gave me a piece of paper with a username and password.

First, select one of the network available, then, once you open your browser, you'll be redirected to a temporary page asking your credentials. I'm mostly using Firefox with No-script plugin which was a problem at first because it blocks all javascript and this is required to be redirected.

Just use Safari like usual and you should be fine. If you have any issues, try to delete the cache of your browser, quit the application and re-try.

Thanks, I will try that. I selected the network on my floor, but for some reason I was never asked for username and password. So I didn't get access.

Thanks for the review. Looks like you have found a little gem there. I must have walked that area of the second road a hundred times and not realised that there was a little Soi off it.

I had a standard room, I'm not sure about that but it wasn't a problem at all. The mattress was really pleasant and the size room more than acceptable for that price. Each floor has his own wireless router (complimentary of course - also available in the lobby with a computer for guests) and you could without any issues connect to floor number 3 from the 4. The network's quality was OK most of the time. Didn't have any problems during my stay but I wasn't on line all day long :D

One of the reviews on Agoda says that they had problems with the wi-fi. I'm guessing from what you've written, you didn't have any issues?

bb69

No, I didn't have any issues with wi-fi during my stay. They also have a notebook available in the lobby. It's not the fastest network in the world though :)

How is the size of the swimming pool? On the website it's hard to get an idea of the size.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

How is the size of the swimming pool? On the website it's hard to get an idea of the size.

The least I can say is that's not very big. Maybe 3-4m large for 8-10m long.

The least I can say is that's not very big. Maybe 3-4m large for 8-10m long.

Thanks for the info. Will give this place a go next month as for 1000 baht and brand new agreat deal IMO.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 1 month later...

Anyone else stayed in April Suites recently. Any comments?

Looking at the Agoda rate at the moment of 1450 (inclusive of taxes) and am wondering if you can get a better rate directly.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Anyone else stayed in April Suites recently. Any comments?

Looking at the Agoda rate at the moment of 1450 (inclusive of taxes) and am wondering if you can get a better rate directly.

you get a better rate to deal direct you should get april for 1200 in low season

you get a better rate to deal direct you should get april for 1200 in low season

Booked for sep,1850 for the Ex-suite,normally stay at August Suites but want to try new place,great reviews and if will be as good as August Suites,ie.should be great place to stay.

Booked for sep,1850 for the Ex-suite,normally stay at August suites but want to try new place,great reviews and if will be as good as august suites,ie.should be great place to stay.

what date you going to be in April, i'm in august sept 15 to oct 6 :Beer:

what date you going to be in April, i'm in august sept 15 to oct 6 :Beer:

Will be there from Sep10/27,maybe hook-up for some beer and watch the rugby,time-zones with NZ are great there,cheers.

Will be there from Sep10/27,maybe hook-up for some beer and watch the rugby,time-zones with NZ are great there,cheers.

PM sent :Beer1:

• 2 weeks later...