Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mac Book Pro

Danny_Manchester

Is anyone in the LK metro/soi buakhow area and has a macbook pro?

I need some help. I cant turn on my macbook pro and its only 2-3 weeks old. I think the charger is screwed and I would like to borrow someones charger to see if it has gone wrong or if its the laptop completely.

If you get no response, there are Apple Stores in Central and Tukcom that will probably let you test with one of their power cords. I think the one in The Avenue closed a while back, which would have been handier given your location.

Third floor at Tukcom, at the far right hand corner(Facing away from Pattaya Thai).

Repair Centre, etc...really switched on and speak great English.

Dont waste your time in the Apple Store Downstairs (far left corner...they are useless if they cany SELL you something).

You Should know if your Mac is charging. The light goes yellow, when charged is green. Also have charge indicating lights on left side...next to headphone socket (Pain in the neck...no mike socket).

If you're new to Mac's as I am ....can be a steep learning curve.

Also New LION OS is being released in July, grrrrrr

Best of luck.

Cheers

H888

I was hoping I could get a charge as well for tonight so I could do some work thats why i was hoping to find someone local that I could borrow from for 2 hours. If it turned out to be the adapter ill go to bangkok tomorrow and get a warranty replacement as you cant get one in pattaya.

I am a new mac user... its been painful with apple, really it has! Im on my windows laptop now but the problem is all my files are on the mac which wont turn on.

Third floor at Tukcom, at the far right hand corner(Facing away from Pattaya Thai).

Repair Centre, etc...really switched on and speak great English.

Dont waste your time in the Apple Store Downstairs (far left corner...they are useless if they cany SELL you something).

You Should know if your Mac is charging. The light goes yellow, when charged is green. Also have charge indicating lights on left side...next to headphone socket (Pain in the neck...no mike socket).

If you're new to Mac's as I am ....can be a steep learning curve.

Also New LION OS is being released in July, grrrrrr

Best of luck.

Cheers

H888

I was hoping I could get a charge as well for tonight so I could do some work thats why i was hoping to find someone local that I could borrow from for 2 hours. If it turned out to be the adapter ill go to bangkok tomorrow and get a warranty replacement as you cant get one in pattaya.

I am a new mac user... its been painful with apple, really it has! Im on my windows laptop now but the problem is all my files are on the mac which wont turn on.

It takes a few weeks to months to re-adjust - the biggest part of the switch is breaking down the muscle motion memory you've got. Often you do things habitually, whether there's a better way of not, and you'll need time to break the cycle.

Hit the Rapid Center - they're great people and don't usually charge for little things. One thought - if you're dragging your Mac between work and home as I do, just invest in a second AC adaptor. Less wear and tear on the cables in the long run. If your AC is currently a problem, you'll have a spare until you can get home and have the adaptor replaced by your Apple dealer.

Here is an interesting one. I got up this morning to go to Bangkok with my power adapter but as I was leaving I thought id give it another try. I plugged it in and bing it worked. strange???

Why did it not work yesterday? Did it not like the heat or something?

It takes a few weeks to months to re-adjust - the biggest part of the switch is breaking down the muscle motion memory you've got. Often you do things habitually, whether there's a better way of not, and you'll need time to break the cycle.

Hit the Rapid Center - they're great people and don't usually charge for little things. One thought - if you're dragging your Mac between work and home as I do, just invest in a second AC adaptor. Less wear and tear on the cables in the long run. If your AC is currently a problem, you'll have a spare until you can get home and have the adaptor replaced by your Apple dealer.

Here is an interesting one. I got up this morning to go to Bangkok with my power adapter but as I was leaving I thought id give it another try. I plugged it in and bing it worked. strange???

Why did it not work yesterday? Did it not like the heat or something?

Make a back-up of your data while it is powered on!!

(Reads like you don't have a back-up of what are important files)!!

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

There a good piece of kit the Macbook Pro. The operating system does take a while to get use to as everyone is use to the Windows operating system. Now i'm use to it i'd never go back!

I purchased a package which gives me Excel, Word and Powerpoint. About 3 weeks after I bought mine the 'Airport' failed. I took it back to Apple and they replaced it with a new one.

I agree with previous post, stay away from Apple store on the ground level of Tukcom, totally useless!

I think we are going a little off topic here. I had a power pack problem and couldn't turn the laptop on because there was no charge in the battery. Something had gone wrong with the internal workings of the power adapter which I now suspect was due to the heat or moisture in the air in Thailand.

I have no problem using the OS or even making backup's as I am an experienced IT professional for the PC/server. The Mac took me 1 day to learn. Its the easiest OS you can learn and I dont know why i didnt bother learning it earlier in life. - Maybe because my job never required me to do so as its not a business product?!?!?!?

Jon - I cant believe you paid for office - You should have downloaded it for free. Im not sure exactly what the airport is that your referring to whether its the software on the system (wireless controller) or some kind of wireless device you buy extra. What annoys me with apple is that their equipment is stupidly priced and often does break. My Iphone 4 is always going wrong and since I now live in thailand I cannot get any support for it which meant that I had to go all the way to singapore for a replacement iphone before the warranty finished. The stupid thing is that I talked myself into a Macbook whilst there which i think was a purchase just out of bored-em. Anyway current files that I am working on were not backed up outside of the system because I didnt expect for a power pack problem only 2 1/2 weeks after buying it.

It appears that when you own an Apple product you need to have 2 of everything because you SHOULD expect it to go wrong especially if your located in Thailand as their support is way below the standard of what you receive in the states and europe. For starters the fact that you have to go all the way to bangkok for repair/replacement when the apple store is only round the corner isnt good. If you have a iphone from outside thailand then no one wants to help despite apple claiming they have worldwide warranty support. Its poor that I had to pay £110 in flights to and from singapore after paying over £500 for the phone itself.

Sorry for the rant but I feel messed about by apple and frustrated. Not being able to get my work off my laptop 2 1/2 weeks after buying wound me up even more.

This all said I will agree that when the macbook works its good. Its a nice fast operating system which performs well. I describe the difference between windows and mac like this:

Imagine a light switch being pressed. If it was run by windows then the light would flicker on 10 seconds later. If the light switch was powered by mac then it would come on instantly but also fade on as that nice extra little touch. The mac performs on a day to day basis like users expect.

Anyway thanks for your replies but no one local was apple to lend me their adapter yesterday when needed. As I said I should own a second power adapter just because I should expect it to go wrong. (Stupid yes! - Never had this problem with any other electrical equipment)

There a good piece of kit the Macbook Pro. The operating system does take a while to get use to as everyone is use to the Windows operating system. Now i'm use to it i'd never go back!

I purchased a package which gives me Excel, Word and Powerpoint. About 3 weeks after I bought mine the 'Airport' failed. I took it back to Apple and they replaced it with a new one.

I agree with previous post, stay away from Apple store on the ground level of Tukcom, totally useless!

I think we are going a little off topic here. I had a power pack problem and couldn't turn the laptop on because there was no charge in the battery. Something had gone wrong with the internal workings of the power adapter which I now suspect was due to the heat or moisture in the air in Thailand.

I have no problem using the OS or even making backup's as I am an experienced IT professional for the PC/server. The Mac took me 1 day to learn. Its the easiest OS you can learn and I dont know why i didnt bother learning it earlier in life. - Maybe because my job never required me to do so as its not a business product?!?!?!?

Jon - I cant believe you paid for office - You should have downloaded it for free. Im not sure exactly what the airport is that your referring to whether its the software on the system (wireless controller) or some kind of wireless device you buy extra. What annoys me with apple is that their equipment is stupidly priced and often does break. My Iphone 4 is always going wrong and since I now live in thailand I cannot get any support for it which meant that I had to go all the way to singapore for a replacement iphone before the warranty finished. The stupid thing is that I talked myself into a Macbook whilst there which i think was a purchase just out of bored-em. Anyway current files that I am working on were not backed up outside of the system because I didnt expect for a power pack problem only 2 1/2 weeks after buying it.

It appears that when you own an Apple product you need to have 2 of everything because you SHOULD expect it to go wrong especially if your located in Thailand as their support is way below the standard of what you receive in the states and europe. For starters the fact that you have to go all the way to bangkok for repair/replacement when the apple store is only round the corner isnt good. If you have a iphone from outside thailand then no one wants to help despite apple claiming they have worldwide warranty support. Its poor that I had to pay £110 in flights to and from singapore after paying over £500 for the phone itself.

Sorry for the rant but I feel messed about by apple and frustrated. Not being able to get my work off my laptop 2 1/2 weeks after buying wound me up even more.

This all said I will agree that when the macbook works its good. Its a nice fast operating system which performs well. I describe the difference between windows and mac like this:

Imagine a light switch being pressed. If it was run by windows then the light would flicker on 10 seconds later. If the light switch was powered by mac then it would come on instantly but also fade on as that nice extra little touch. The mac performs on a day to day basis like users expect.

Anyway thanks for your replies but no one local was apple to lend me their adapter yesterday when needed. As I said I should own a second power adapter just because I should expect it to go wrong. (Stupid yes! - Never had this problem with any other electrical equipment)

Danny

When i bought it they had a promotion on and you got $300 gift voucher to use in store to buy stuff, i simply just used part of the voucher to get the software. By the way the Airport is located at the front of the Macbook or so i was told by the Apple Tech

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If you get no response, there are Apple Stores in Central and Tukcom that will probably let you test with one of their power cords. I think the one in The Avenue closed a while back, which would have been handier given your location.

I think you mean there are Apple Resellers.I wish Apple would open a Store in Thailand>