IGNORED

Amsterdam to Bangkok on China Airlines

Mai Kao Jai

AMSTERDAM TO BANGKOK on China Airlines

I'm thinking of taking this route on the next trip to LOS.

Has anyone done this trip recently? what was it like?

Last time I did that flight it didn't even have personal entertainment :/ just a big screen for everyone to watch

Last time I did that flight it didn't even have personal entertainment :/ just a big screen for everyone to watch

ahhh ... was that recent?

China Air(Taipei based) should be good.

Air China(Beijing Based,State airline) has a bad rep.

ahhh ... was that recent?

October last year, same year before.

Gone back to using etihad from lhr now :)

i usually use etihad, however i got a cheapie with china air ex amsterdam next sept. i will bring my ipad with me for my own entertainment

also i will bring my own food, ham and cheese sandwiches!!!

ways and means my man, ways and means !!! :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

i usually use etihad, however i got a cheapie with china air ex amsterdam next sept. i will bring my ipad with me for my own entertainment

also i will bring my own food, ham and cheese sandwiches!!!

ways and means my man, ways and means !!! :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

Its september I'm looking at also. KLM & China Airlines its not the 29th of sept is it?

Its september I'm looking at also. KLM & China Airlines its not the 29th of sept is it?

I did it last year, and it was very cheap, saved nearly 100 euro. but it is not a way to travel in style. so depending on your funds you may like to pay a bit more and get a better flight.

for me, if the cheap flight is available i would go with them again, and spend the 100 euro i saved on having a good time in LOS

Did it Three weeks ago . The plane out was slightly better than the one on the return flight. Had a small tv in all head rests. On the return leg just one big tv positioned so people can see it. On the whole it was a pleasant flight. Even though the plains are not the best !

:Hello: i am going on this flight :Flying: in 9 weeks,any info on ,food & drinks :Beer1: :, also was TV in English what was the choices like :001_Thank_You5:

hi again, im going on a friday, i think thats its the 16th . if there is anyone out there please please .............

:Hello: i am going on this flight :Flying: in 9 weeks,any info on ,food & drinks :Beer1: :, also was TV in English what was the choices like :001_Thank_You5:

hi fellow irishman !!! i would be prepared if i was you. bring your own food :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1: , ipod ipad etc. also bring a book!!!remember not to buy liquids until you go through security!!! :UGotServed1::Good_Luck::Chokdee3:

:Dream1:

I have take the trip with china airlines AMS - BKK 5 time. I will said it is a ok. The airplan don't have entertainment system, you should bring you our or do as I do sleep the the fligh way. I use them because they are cheap and short transfer time from my start destination.

China airlines are a good basic airline with average food but is a better option than KLM .

If you want a beer just go to the Galley and ask the stewardess for a can and they will happily supply you all the way to Bangkok.

KLM is the worst European airliner I've ever flown with with the ugliest cabin crews I've ever seen with attitudes to match.

Did this flight last September 2010.

Good IMO.

I have many photos & will post if you want to view the inflight pics.

:001_Thank_You5:

Aww, shit!

That's my flight.

Did this flight last September 2010.Good IMO.I have many photos & will post if you want to view the inflight pics. :001_Thank_You5:

Please. I'm interested in the inflight entertainment system.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

Did this flight last September 2010.

Good IMO.

I have many photos & will post if you want to view the inflight pics.

:Hello: me to Please. I'm also interested in the inflight entertainment system. :Thanks3:

Aww, shit!

That's my flight.

Please. I'm interested in the inflight entertainment system.

Not in the seat in front but like thai Airways in economy big screen old fashion entertainment system.

The Business class have there own screens for movies etc.

If you like top notch entertainment systems Pallmall then Emirates must be the best IMO.

:Hello: me to Please. I'm also interested in the inflight entertainment system. :Thanks3:

Not in the seat in front but like thai Airways in economy big screen old fashion entertainment system.

The Business class have there own screens for movies etc.

If you like top notch entertainment systems Pallmall then Emirates must be the best IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive asked about this yesterday when i was booking my ticket, the two options i had (in my pricerange) was eva air (719 euro) or china airlines (729 euro), i chose to go with eva, because the bookingagent told me that the planes of eva air on this route are newer than the planes china airlines uses, this also means you get the personal entertainment centre in eva plane but not in china air plane...

Also the times of departure and arrival with eva are in my opinion better than china airlines, but ofcourse this is a personal preference...

For those looking to go in late september, Etihad lhr-bkk £478 very good price if you use opodo put in "payday0611" in the discount column and you get £20 off making it £458. opodo offer only valid till midnight 1st july.

Be Well Dave

Edited by tenedave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

I flew with CI last week on Friday the 24th.

Unfortunately the aircraft is outdated with no headrest entertainment sets and only one central based screen.

On the whole the service is good and the food although not the best I have had is edible. At least it fills a gap. Swallowed a sleeping tablet and woke up 7 hours later

The flight was slated to take 10 hours and 20 minutes but with a tailwind we arrived at 05:50 instead of 06:15 which was a bonus arrived at the terminal 06:05. I went like hell for immigration and was in the queue 20 0 minutes later with only 6 people in front of me. A nice Sawadee Krap to the immigration lady and Kob Khun Krap 5 minutes later (even got a smile out of the immigration bint) and then straight down to baggage where my bag was already on the carousel.

I went straight out through customs with a no stop where my driver from PTT Taxi was waiting for me at meeting point number three.

A nice easy run for 1,000 baht down to patts and checked into my accommodation at 08:05.

All in all a good run with no hassle on the way.

Diverse

Etihad offer is good! Very nice to fly with, also been looking at Oman air, tickets at £490.. might give them a go in October. They fly the same route as etihad.

Etihad offer is good! Very nice to fly with, also been looking at Oman air, tickets at £490.. might give them a go in October. They fly the same route as etihad.

Flew oman air last year not bad, up and coming airline. Just watch the layovers, Muscat airport is VERY small.

Be Well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]