IGNORED

Changing My Avatar?

999Baht

Hello.

I have been trying to change my Avatar picture now for about 3 days.

My old avatar is still showing but is stretched out and the new one that I am trying to show is showing in my change avatar screen but is not displaying on pages.

Instead what is showing is a stretched out version of my original avatar.

I have tried all of the different trick recommended in threads in this section to no avail.

Can someone people help me fix it. Thanks.

Trav

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Hello.

I have been trying to change my Avatar picture now for about 3 days.

My old avatar is still showing but is stretched out and the new one that I am trying to show is showing in my change avatar screen but is not displaying on pages.

Instead what is showing is a stretched out version of my original avatar.

I have tried all of the different trick recommended in threads in this section to no avail.

Can someone people help me fix it. Thanks.

Trav

Same problem for me. In Google Chrome the Avatar I wanted was being displayed. Firefox 4 was showing an unwanted one. BM's reported they were seeing the one I wanted to display. I spent hours mucking around with it and gave up in the end and deleted it.

Barstool

Whenever you update your avatar you need to delete your temporary internet files/broswer cache.

Same problem for me. In Google Chrome the Avatar I wanted was being displayed. Firefox 4 was showing an unwanted one. BM's reported they were seeing the one I wanted to display. I spent hours mucking around with it and gave up in the end and deleted it.

It took a long long time for me to get the new picture up. I loaded some emoticons no problem it loaded straight away.

So then I re-uploaded the picture and it still gave me the old one.

I did all of the suggestions...I mean all of them in other threads still no luck.

I then gave up and looked at uploading a moving picture Avatar and that uploaded and changed immediately also but I did not like it.

I then tried to upload the new photo again and still the old photo showed.

After 3 days of mucking around with it one day I simply logged on and it was changed.

I really do not know how or way (thought maybe a mod did something but the problem was fixed.

Whenever you update your avatar you need to delete your temporary internet files/broswer cache.

I did all of this stuff quite a few times along with all the other suggestions people had in other posts/threads.

Actually I delete my history, cookie and cache several times a day.

3 days after the problem happened suddenly it was fixed.

I doubt I will ever know why???

I did all of this stuff quite a few times along with all the other suggestions people had in other posts/threads.

Exactly the same here - I think I'll change mine again now - in 3 days time.

I tried all the above and even went back to an earlier version of FireFox. One day I will get the urge to try again.

Not a biggie just frustrating.

BS

Next time just turn your oven onto 180 for 17 minutes and reboot your computer 63 times that should sort it.

I just hit CTRL + F5 and your new one came up.

Send it over to me and I'll do it this end... Might see what else I can change in your profile while I'm in there :Circle_Sharks:

I just seen a right poser go down the street in a really powerful car :GoldenSmile1:

Next time just turn your oven onto 180 for 17 minutes and reboot your computer 63 times that should sort it.

I just hit CTRL + F5 and your new one came up.

Do I have to reboot the computer the 63 times in those 17 mins!

That would mean that I would need to reboot it every 16.1904762 seconds!

That seems a little extreme...you sure that will work???

BTW it's Command+R on the mighty Mac!

I just noticed you made it to over 5000 posts.

14th overall in posts!

Congrats if that means anything to you.

Think I have been spending a little too much time on here lately exploring all the nooks and crannies. :)

I just noticed you made it to over 5000 posts.

14th overall in posts!

Congrats if that means anything to you.

Think I have been spending a little too much time on here lately exploring all the nooks and crannies. :)

Thanks - I think? unsure.gif

I'm never sure whether it's an achievement or just a measure of how much too much time I spend on here. I had over 1000 posts in my previous 'life'.

If it is an achievement then getting to 14th in about 14 months isn't bad going, considering some have been on here for over 4 years.

Considering my inclination to be a little contentious at times, perhaps it's also an achievement that my enemies haven't got rid of me yet. Finger5.gif

Send it over to me and I'll do it this end... Might see what else I can change in your profile while I'm in there :Circle_Sharks:

I just seen a right poser go down the street in a really powerful car :GoldenSmile1:

That could be one way perhaps. Think1.gif

Joking aside (I wasn't) I do find the choice of name for your good hearted sponsors / subscribers odd.

Where you nicked it from, it generally means what it says. It seems a bit misplaced when you see PUs with only 5 - 100 odd posts to their name and barely even a TR - they clearly aren't and hence my PP jibe.

I wonder if the 24 so far wouldn't actually prefer to be called "Subscriber' or whatever - Sponsor would be funnier of course, but maybe not very popular.

I don't plan to subscribe, but if I did it would be on condition that I did not have the title 'Power User'.

I have been wondering if there's a story to the snake one you have now ?

Eg weren't you the fellow killed a snake in his garden, and, did you take the photo of the current avatar ?

Eg weren't you the fellow killed a snake in his garden, and, did you take the photo of the current avatar ?

The story is he loves snakes... So he loves me SSSSSSSSssssssss :wub:

At least... That's what he told me.

Edge weren't you the fellow killed a snake in his garden, and, did you take the photo of the current avatar ?

I did bravely tackle and behead that poor little Golden Tree Snake which decided to bask on my balcony.

Previously I had one move into a ground floor toilet, which scared the shit (555) out of TG & Mama when they were looking after the house while I was away.

It lived under the toilet seat and had a plan to escape through the S bend, but I was too quick with my stick and managed to pin its tail before it got away.

I was then stuck there shouting for assistance for half an hour. Its head must have been clear of the water the other side. Obviously if I'd let it go it would have returned later.

TG & Mama eventually arrived and passed me the garden shears - sorted.

Mama then did a very realistic mime of what might have happened if she'd sat on the toilet seat while it was there.

In my defence for killing these lovely creatures, they did invade my space and TG was very convincing that they were poisonous. I'd do it again I'm afraid.

I did also come face to face with a full grown male Cobra basking on a path I used through the Jungle. No photo for that brief encounter, but he did do the classic pose before deciding to make off through the undergrowth. That one was scary.

I would hope not to meet the Anaconda currently (for 3 more days anyway) in my Avatar. I stole the pic from the internet.

I did bravely tackle and behead that poor little Golden Tree Snake which decided to bask on my balcony.

Previously I had one move into a ground floor toilet, which scared the shit (555) out of TG & Mama when they were looking after the house while I was away.

It lived under the toilet seat and had a plan to escape through the S bend, but I was too quick with my stick and managed to pin its tail before it got away.

I was then stuck there shouting for assistance for half an hour. Its head must have been clear of the water the other side. Obviously if I'd let it go it would have returned later.

TG & Mama eventually arrived and passed me the garden shears - sorted.

Mama then did a very realistic mime of what might have happened if she'd sat on the toilet seat while it was there.

In my defence for killing these lovely creatures, they did invade my space and TG was very convincing that they were poisonous. I'd do it again I'm afraid.

I guess as you were defending the womenfolk against the 'deadly threat ' then Budda will forgive you LOL

The mama mime story is a classic - I wouldnt particularly like a snake to attack my cock, but Perhaps some fellows might get off on it !

Here is a funny link - after seeing this I'd be inclined to kill any little snake loitering around the dunny too !!!

http://www.themorningstarr.co.uk/2011/03/26/dutch-girl-attacked-by-snake-on-tv/

Joking aside (I wasn't) I do find the choice of name for your good hearted sponsors / subscribers odd.

Where you nicked it from, it generally means what it says. It seems a bit misplaced when you see PUs with only 5 - 100 odd posts to their name and barely even a TR - they clearly aren't and hence my PP jibe.

I wonder if the 24 so far wouldn't actually prefer to be called "Subscriber' or whatever - Sponsor would be funnier of course, but maybe not very popular.

I don't plan to subscribe, but if I did it would be on condition that I did not have the title 'Power User'.

You have a point and actually power user would be better used for the VIP's and VIP's would be better off as power users! I'll suggest it right away :GoldenSmile1:

Balls I'm thread fucking... Where were we?

Power users

Snakes

Ah yes.... Avatars!

You have a point and actually power user would be better used for the VIP's and VIP's would be better off as power users! I'll suggest it right away.

Ah yes.... Avatars!

I actually nearly suggested this. It when I read Edge's post about Power Users having the wrong name.

It does seem more appropriate.

As for the thread and it's direction....I think the 63 restarts solved the problem anyway so the thread can go any direction it likes now.

I have changed subtitle to reflect this now. haha

I changed my avatar a couple weeks ago. Still getting the old one squished into the previous shape.

In spite of emptying and logging our and reloading, it never gets updated (at least on my end).

I ended up finding an Avatar on the internet and updating via the url: that works fine. Try uploading one from your computer and good luck!

Barstool

Here is a funny link - after seeing this I'd be inclined to kill any little snake loitering around the dunny too !!!

http://www.themornin...by-snake-on-tv/

If you like that you'll love this ........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQppFsr5Dt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QHs--QJLHV4#at=45

I changed my avatar a couple weeks ago. Still getting the old one squished into the previous shape.

In spite of emptying and logging our and reloading, it never gets updated (at least on my end).

That was exactly my problem.

After 3 days it just fixed itself.

If you like that you'll love this ........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQppFsr5Dt4

Fantastic ! Snakes Alive ! And can you blame it - I would've found it difficult not to have have a chomp as well LOL

Now its an open topic inclusive of snake tangents we're not really thread fucking but to paraphrase a great movie quote : "I'll (thread) fuck anything that moves... ah ha ha ha!"

Fantastic ! Snakes Alive ! And can you blame it - I would've found it difficult not to have have a chomp as well LOL

Now its an open topic inclusive of snake tangents we're not really thread fucking but to paraphrase a great movie quote : "I'll (thread) fuck anything that moves... ah ha ha ha!"

There's a longer clip of it but I can't get it to embed for some reason - maybe it's because it's an avatar thread :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QHs--QJLHV4#at=45

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this issue too. Tried to change my avatar and the new one shows up in my user settings but not on the board. Clearing the cache didn't change anything. Guess I'll wait for a few days but the issue should still be looked into.

It took about 3 weeks for the change to show up on mine. I suspect the new one might have been showing up for others, just not me.

FYI. Shalashaska, I see an ocean sunset here and a Naval Gunnery School on your profile page.

Yeah that's my old avatar (and not what's showing in my settings) but thanks for confirming that it hasn't changed for others or myself.