IGNORED

Turned down for UK spouse visa

Mr Rotten

Just to clarify it was someone I know not myself that was applying for the visa, I will try and get the details but what happened was

1. Two failed attempts at visitor visas (said she had insufficient reason to return).

2 He then got married and was turned down for the spouse visa (did not get the full story on the reasons).

There is not a huge age gap and she is a former bar girl although been out the game for a while (speaks and even reads pretty good English).

I am guessing the reason is that they did not think the relationship was genuine, I hear that the TG gets an interview in Thai at the embassay, she is a bit scatter brained and I guess she did not say the right things (like not mentioning she was a BG).

Although working in a bar is not supposed to be reason for refusal in practice considering the hysteria around sex trafficking I suspect this really would have went against them.

Shit thing there is she is actually quite genuine.

In my experience with the USA process, EVERY answer provided on all previous tourist visa applications must be congruous with the spouse visa. If the "timeline" of employment or residences contradict each other, the application can be rejected/denied.

The first thing I would do is to review the two tourist applications and the spouse visa application .. provided you DID keep copies. Then I would make 100% sure that my wife never applied for any visa with that embassy.

I have also seen where girls have had tourist visa's filed for them before and the guys who filled them out just put whatever "fit". That can really cause havoc for legitimate applications later.

Edited by travelling_man

• 5 weeks later...

Supreme Pattaya Warrior

• av-9993.jpg
  • Advanced Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

I find it outrageous that any spouse visa would be denied. How can a British citizen be told that he cannot bring his wife back to his home country? :Cuss:

Try to understand immigration. What if it just so happend that his now wife tuned out to have a conviction for serious Heroin trafficking or active service with a terrorist unit. Think about what you are saying.

Those bastards at the Embassy turned us down for the same reason. And they will never give exactly point by point what they want otherwise everyone would make sure they met every requirement point by point. My advice is try again, with as much evidence as you can find, bombard them with stuff, but never be tempted to outright lie about important issues because if they find out you've blown it for good. Anyhow i was successful second time around with pretty much the same info, just more of it.

Getting a visa isn't difficult despite what people might think and despite what some "visa agents" will let you believe. If you have the time and energy to put the work in its just a case of ticking the right boxes.

I want to clarify that I am a visa consultant. ........................................ I am sure if the 2nd application is done properly, I don't see why the Embassy is so unreasonable or unfair to them.

I am very happy to be merely an interested bystander in these matters.

Am I right that the application has to be completed online before the Embassy visit now?

Regardless, it does seem that there might be a lot of guys who would benefit from a Pinned blueprint as to how to deal with either a Tourist or a Settlement Visa application.

In fact, having said that, didn't one successful BM go to some considerable lengths to do just that within the past year?

Leave you to it, the bars are open after all. :hello09:

quite likely turned down on grounds that they only married because the visitor visa's were refused....

quite likely turned down on grounds that they only married because the visitor visa's were refused....

good point

Regardless, it does seem that there might be a lot of guys who would benefit from a Pinned blueprint as to how to deal with either a Tourist or a Settlement Visa application.

In fact, having said that, didn't one successful BM go to some considerable lengths to do just that within the past year?

You mean something like this: What i used to get a visa for the TGF to come to the UK ..:D

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I want to clarify that I am a visa consultant. Most of my clients are British, so I have more experience in UK visa applications than other applications. The refusal of 2 tourist visa applications is the main reason for having an interview with the TG, but it can't be the reason for refusing a spouse visa application which concerns mainly the financial position of the sponsor husband, the accommodation arrangement and the genuine relationship between the parties. If she was not well prepared for the interview, the officer should be able to find out the discrepancies in answers giving by her at the interview and the information filled in by her in her 2 previous applications. It's true that the best way to deal with it is to look at the Embassy's written refusal letter and then find out the ways to reply to the grounds of refusal.

My previous experience in one UK visa application is that the married Thai lady couldn't get a tourist visa through an agent in Bangkok on the ground that the British husband is in receipt of social benefits. When I asked them why they didn't apply for a settlement visa if their true intention was for her to settle in UK, they replied that it's because the visa consultant said it would be easier to get it than a settlement visa. At the end, I applied a settlement visa for her and it's granted within one month from the date of application without any interview. I must say that the British Embassy is a lot more generious and reasonable than many other Embassies in the world. Once I can answer their query about the social benefits of the husband, they approved the settlement visa application without even interviewing the Thai lady.

I do believe that the Embassy must have strong grounds for refusing the settlement visa applications based on what have been submitted in writing and what were given orally at the interview. I am sure if the 2nd application is done properly, I don't see why the Embassy is so unreasonable or unfair to them.

There seems to be a lot of 'Pubic house lawyers' here all having an opinion as to what should be done and how to do it when clearly no two applicants will ever be the same...it's just plain simple common sense Take a look at the rules ( British immigration rules 1961 amended 1972 - 78 - 2001.) Find the paragraph relating to you and implement those rules to the letter. If you do this, by their own law they have to issue a visa; if you don't you will have no chance. If not sure call PAUL AT EASY VISA for an up to date list of the 'rules'.

By the way, I can most certainly inform you (I am a retired Ex Australian embassy official) that all the facts of the initial post are not being disclosed.

There seems to be a lot of 'Pubic house lawyers' here all having an opinion as to what should be done and how to do it when clearly no two applicants will ever be the same...it's just plain simple common sense Take a look at the rules ( British immigration rules 1961 amended 1972 - 78 - 2001.) Find the paragraph relating to you and implement those rules to the letter. If you do this, by their own law they have to issue a visa; if you don't you will have no chance. If not sure call PAUL AT EASY VISA for an up to date list of the 'rules'.

By the way, I can most certainly inform you (I am a retired Ex Australian embassy official) that all the facts of the initial post are not being disclosed.

Now you're promoting Easyvisa FFS?

I suppose a 25 year age difference would make the visa process even harder...?

i have been seeing my Thai girl for 3 trips now. Got pictures of us and more than enough proof of contact because we talk on the telephone every day. We have a 25 year age gap too.

I have accomodation fixed for her and would be able to support her to stay but been told I have no chance of a visitor Visa...

Why? Because of the age gap and the embassies concerns I might be human trafficking!!!!!

I'm not making this up either! Spoke to someone with a relative high up in immigration.

Old man/young girl...not politically correct is it? i think I'm gonna save for another trip...

All the best to those who try

My apologies if anyone thinks this is a troll post or just designed to wind anyone up, it's not. They have been instructed to keep a close eye on age gaps.

To back up what I am saying, I called a visa consultant and asked about my case. i was told it would be "looked at very closely" It becomes less of a problem if the girl is over 30 and her guy is 50 plus.

My lady is 20 and she works in Bangkok in a regular job, sometimes i feel uncomfortable about her age, but she and I get on really well which is why we are still very much in touch.

Edited by Frugal Charles

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

i have been seeing my Thai girl for 3 trips now. Got pictures of us and more than enough proof of contact because we talk on the telephone every day. We have a 25 year age gap too.

I have accomodation fixed for her and would be able to support her to stay but been told I have no chance of a visitor Visa...

Why? Because of the age gap and the embassies concerns I might be human trafficking!!!!!

I'm not making this up either! Spoke to someone with a relative high up in immigration.

Old man/young girl...not politically correct is it? i think I'm gonna save for another trip...

All the best to those who try

My apologies if anyone thinks this is a troll post or just designed to wind anyone up, it's not. They have been instructed to keep a close eye on age gaps.

To back up what I am saying, I called a visa consultant and asked about my case. i was told it would be "looked at very closely" It becomes less of a problem if the girl is over 30 and her guy is 50 plus.

My lady is 20 and she works in Bangkok in a regular job, sometimes i feel uncomfortable about her age, but she and I get on really well which is why we are still very much in touch.

I got my then Thai GF a visitor's visa and there was a 25 year age gap between us. Plus she wasn't working as she'd just left Baccara in Bangkok (not that I disclosed her previous place of employment)! IF you can 'prove' there is a genuine relationship and she has a reason to return to Thailand, there should be no problem getting a visitor's visa and no need to use agents either. I have a close friend who issues UK visas in Beijing and he confirmed that the age gap issue is not a factor, if the relationship is genuine.

A good sponsor's letter (from you), lots of photos and emails, cards, letters etc, plus only asking for a 2 or 3 week visit should be all you need. And if she's working and has a letter from her employer confirming that she has a job to come back to, you will have no problem!

There's a 30 year age gap between me and my current GF, but I'm not planning on trying to get a visa for her yet...

Good luck.

Edited by brewster

Supreme Pattaya Warrior

• av-9993.jpg
  • Advanced Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

I find it outrageous that any spouse visa would be denied. How can a British citizen be told that he cannot bring his wife back to his home country? :Cuss:

Try to understand immigration. What if it just so happend that his now wife tuned out to have a conviction for serious Heroin trafficking or active service with a terrorist unit. Think about what you are saying.

What's that got to do with anything? :Banghead2:

I got my then Thai GF a visitor's visa and there was a 25 year age gap between us. Plus she wasn't working as she'd just left Baccara in Bangkok (not that I disclosed her previous place of employment)! IF you can 'prove' there is a genuine relationship and she has a reason to return to Thailand, there should be no problem getting a visitor's visa and no need to use agents either. I have a close friend who issues UK visas in Beijing and he confirmed that the age gap issue is not a factor, if the relationship is genuine.

A good sponsor's letter (from you), lots of photos and emails, cards, letters etc, plus only asking for a 2 or 3 week visit should be all you need. And if she's working and has a letter from her employer confirming that she has a job to come back to, you will have no problem!

There's a 30 year age gap between me and my current GF, but I'm not planning on trying to get a visa for her yet...

Good luck.

Thanks for your help. Only repeating what the VISA consultant said to me but OK. Should be no problem proving my relationship with her got pictures and also got loads of phone call history too, all of which can be printed off though it might take a tractor to deliver it! We don't actually email but I will encourage her to do so as the more proof the better.

A reason to return to Thailand would be a letter from her current employer...that'll be 10,000 baht please...yes some employers are cottoning on to this and fleecing farangs, another thing the consultant told me.

I did get one for my chinese gf a few years back, but she actually had some money and paid for her own fights.

I suppose they want to stop sexual exploitation and that is a good thing, because there are some pretty nasty people out there.

I really wish she would stop sexually exploiting me....:GoldenSmile1:

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Thanks for your help. Only repeating what the VISA consultant said to me but OK. Should be no problem proving my relationship with her got pictures and also got loads of phone call history too, all of which can be printed off though it might take a tractor to deliver it! We don't actually email but I will encourage her to do so as the more proof the better.

A reason to return to Thailand would be a letter from her current employer...that'll be 10,000 baht please...yes some employers are cottoning on to this and fleecing farangs, another thing the consultant told me.

I did get one for my chinese gf a few years back, but she actually had some money and paid for her own fights.

I suppose they want to stop sexual exploitation and that is a good thing, because there are some pretty nasty people out there.

I really wish she would stop sexually exploiting me.... :GoldenSmile1:

I'd take what visa consultants say with a pinch of salt as it's in their interest to make visa applications sound difficult! A straightforward visitor's visa should be straightforward and a big age diifference is certainly not a difficulty (if etc tc etc...)

What's that got to do with anything? :Banghead2:

The scary thing is this nomorelies character claims to be an ex immigration agent that worked in the Aussie embassy.

I really wish she would stop sexually exploiting me.... :GoldenSmile1:

That 10000 baht for a letter from an employer is a load of crap and just a scare tactic from a scumbag visa agent.

Your TGF should have a friend somewhere around who has a beauty salon, massage studio or some other legit business. Sling the friend 500/1000 baht if need be and you have your letter.

As Brewster said, these agents utilise scare tactics to make out things are more difficult than they actually are to justify siphoning money out of you.

By the way, thank you for bringing back my June reply ! I don't mind disclosing my true identity. This is better than someone trying to hide his identity. If every applicant is just as good as you in reading the British Immigration rules 1961 amended 1972, I don't think any visa company manages to survive including your friend "PAUL AT EASY VISA". It doesn't matter whether you are a retired ex-Australian Embasy official or not. If you are just posting up a reply But why would you need to emphasize that ? It will be interested to know why an Australian Embassy official is so good at British Immigration Law ? What is your actual identity ? I don't really want to know. But please don't make use of every excuse in introducing your frirend's company.