Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

You thought getting the visa was hard? try booking the flights!

glosboy

We have just received confirmation for the UK embassy that my girlfriend and son have been successful in their visa application. The application was made through a visa company, who until now has kept me thoroughly informed throughout the process.The visa issued is a 6 month tourist visa. No problems so far I hear you say.

My problem is that during the interview my girlfriend was advised by the visa agency to say that she is coming to the UK for a one month holiday as this is generally considered easier to obtain the visa and appease immigration of their return. We had always planned on a 6 month visit. What has been suggested by the visa agent is that I book them a one month return flight that is open for return for 6 months (complicated I know). Thereby enabling them to stay for the 6 months. This does mean however that on interview at UK customs she is going to have to hoodwink the officials that she is on a one month holiday. Now I know Thai women are confident liars but I 'm really not to confident with the situation. Has anyone had experience with a similar situation? what did you do? Did you book your tickets in the UK and is such a ticket available? Or would you just book a standard return for 6 months?They will be travelling alone.

Thanks for any help

I think that the Consulate are very sensitive to anything they see as a deliberate deception so you are right to be careful. Having said that the visa has been issued now and so long as they stamp her with the full 6 months upon entry to the UK then your agents suggestion sounds like a good one. I think the important thing is to avoid any overstay issues. So long as you toe the line future applications should be much easier.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I disagree with Dr O'B.

1. The stamps in the passports will indicate eligibility for a 6 month stay - standard issue. That's what OP's GF can respond about convincingly if pressed by immigration (not customs) at LHR. There's no way the Immigration Officer can access interview records held at the Embassy (not Consulate) Visa Section. (S)He'll be more interested in where GF and son will be staying, with whom, how the visit will be supported financially, arrangements in place for any health care required during the visit and intention to return. Tell the truth rather than develop a lie that could unravel.

2. OP can book and pay for tickets in the UK with Thai International. That gives you a booking reference and GF then goes to an authorised Thai International agent in LOS to collect the tickets. A return ticket dated to fall within the six months will provide evidence of intention to return to LOS; an open-dated ticket less so.

I disagree with Dr O'B.

1. The stamps in the passports will indicate eligibility for a 6 month stay - standard issue. That's what OP's GF can respond about convincingly if pressed by immigration (not customs) at LHR. There's no way the Immigration Officer can access interview records held at the Embassy (not Consulate) Visa Section. (S)He'll be more interested in where GF and son will be staying, with whom, how the visit will be supported financially, arrangements in place for any health care required during the visit and intention to return. Tell the truth rather than develop a lie that could unravel.

2. OP can book and pay for tickets in the UK with Thai International. That gives you a booking reference and GF then goes to an authorised Thai International agent in LOS to collect the tickets. A return ticket dated to fall within the six months will provide evidence of intention to return to LOS; an open-dated ticket less so.

Well, that's actually what I meant, so long as they give her the full 6 months upon entry then it should be fine. I must admit that I don't know if they have the option of granting her less time in the UK ? (If she said she only wanted a month upon entry for example) which was why I brought that up.

I do think that they don't like being deceived about how long the applicant intends to stay but agree that in this case they're not likely to find out that she actually intends to stay longer and that it's a mute point if she has a visa for 6 months..

Just seen this information posted elsewhere, it lists things to get straight before she flies to the UK and might be useful.

Getting the visa can be difficult enough however once you land at Immigration ensure your partner knows :

Purpose of visit

How long they intend to stay

They cannot work

They have an onward ticket

If they work in her host country what they do for a living

We have just got a client removed from detention at Stanstead airport being held under frequency of visits & when interviewed she could not answer various questions. We had to advise they could not hold her on these grounds as she fully satisfied the rules :

Visit was for a holiday

She may spend any 6/12 in the UK

Also the applicant had not had a change of circumstances since she applied for her visa

The client spent 12 hours in detention however after several phone calls between the UK/BA and myself she was released to continue with her journey.They can actually deport you if your circumstances has changed since you made the original application, they can quite easily get access to the visa application form you submitted in Bangkok.

I would just 'accidentally' book a flight that you can change the return flight on. People change their plans all the time. Don't even tell her your plans then immigration can't get it out of her.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Last year i applied for a visa for my girl ,The application was based on a 2 week holiday ,after she got the visa (6 months)we decided to stay for 4 months and booked the flights .Never had a problem at Heathrow and just applied for another visa for our trip over in july without any problems !.