Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

KLIA to LCCT

Lcc

Some advice please on flying into and straight out of KL.

I'm flying Heathrow to KL with Malaysia Airlines, landing at 07:10 and then have a 12:40 Air Asia flight to Phuket. I'm reading that you have to get a bus or taxi from KLIA to LCCT at the other side of the Runway which is a 20km journey.

Bearing in mind I will have to clear customs, collect baggage and get a bus or taxi to the Air Asia check-in desk an hour before my second flight, do you think I'll have enough time (5hrs 30mins)?

From what I'm reading I should, but anyone have any experience of this dash between KLIA and LCCT? I've tried the search facility but couldn't find anything on this particular topic.

Cheers!

:)

Edited by Lcc

I always fly into lcct with air asia but never gone over to the main terminal buildings. Air Asia have a bus service into the city, which I have used, and they also have a bus service over to the big terminal. think its about 3 ringits.

Do a google search on" lcct, kuala lumpur" and you should get the details up. If that doesnt get you an answer then look on the air asia web site, I have seen the bus services on there.

Should have plenty of time. And yes it is a pain in the arse to basically circumnavigate KLIA. I am amazed that you did not get a connecting flight as part of the deal which is usually at a good rate.

Seems there is now a transit that connects to the KLIA Train at one station

http://www.lcct.com.my/transportation/klia-transit

Some advice please on flying into and straight out of KL.

I'm flying Heathrow to KL with Malaysia Airlines, landing at 07:10 and then have a 12:40 Air Asia flight to Phuket. I'm reading that you have to get a bus or taxi from KLIA to LCCT at the other side of the runway which is a 20km journey.

Bearing in mind I will have to clear customs, collect baggage and get a bus or taxi to the Air Asia check-in desk an hour before my second flight, do you think I'll have enough time (5hrs 30mins)?

From what I'm reading I should, but anyone have any experience of this dash between KLIA and LCCT? I've tried the search facility but couldn't find anything on this particular topic.

Cheers!

I've made the connection from LCCT to KLIA a few times - you'll do it easy in 5 1/2 hrs

'Airport Liner' buses leave every 15-20 minutes and cost only RM 1.50 travel time to KLIA is 15 min.

Not that Air-Asia's prices are competitive anymore....ex Aus. Even Thai has cheaper prices!

u will find bus company outside to airport and they have shuttle service to lcct every 30 min i think. lcct is very busy sometimes thats why i think its better to be at the check-in desk 1,5 hour prior from ur departure.

Guys, thanks as always for your invaluable advice.

That website you've put up there LRanger is a great help. I got a good deal with Malaysia Airlines from London mate so I just snapped it up quick and then went about booking the rest of my holiday after, hence not organising connecting flights there and then. With KL being the Air Asia hub I knew I could find somewhere to go to in LOS later.

It's a funny carry on isn't it? But I think the LCCT terminal is just temporary until something more permanent is sorted. Still, it's a stange old dash between the terminals.

I'll be able to relax once we are in the air and Phuket bound.

:D

Oh, one more thing:

Buses - do you have to buy a ticket in advance or do you just give them the cash on the bus?

Cheers.

Dont know but i think no need to book in advance. if there is that option it might just save one more bit of fking around when u get there but doubt if it necessary.

Oh, one more thing:

Buses - do you have to buy a ticket in advance or do you just give them the cash on the bus?

Cheers.

I had to do this in February and it's really very easy.It was only a 10/15 minute

journey and didn't seem anything like 20km.The bus stop won't be far from the terminal exit.

I've got some Malaysian Ringgit left over(not enough to change back)so if you PM me your address

I'll send you the return bus fare...it's less than a pound ! As you're just passing through

you might not want to change any money.Can't believe they charge you.Never had to pay anywhere else.

If you didn't know,the F1 circuit is right next to the airport....not that you can see much.

You might glimpse the grandstands on take off and landing.

I had to do this in February and it's really very easy.It was only a 10/15 minute

journey and didn't seem anything like 20km.The bus stop won't be far from the terminal exit.

I've got some Malaysian Ringgit left over(not enough to change back)so if you PM me your address

I'll send you the return bus fare...it's less than a pound ! As you're just passing through

you might not want to change any money.Can't believe they charge you.Never had to pay anywhere else.

If you didn't know,the F1 circuit is right next to the airport....not that you can see much.

You might glimpse the grandstands on take off and landing.

Wow, you sure mate? That's really good of you! Thanks for the reply, I had seen that the Sepang cicuit is on the way, shame if you can't see much as I do like my F1.

PM on its way!

• 1 year later...

... I am arriving at KLIA 18:05 and have a flight booked from LCCT with AirAsia to Phuket at 20:20 ... For all of you that have already done this , is it possible to reach the check in counter at LCCT by 19:35 ? ... Do counters really close 45 minutes before departure or is there any flexibility about it ? ... Thanks in advance ...