IGNORED

Air India

Pattayarox

Hi guys I know on this forum Air India have taken a fair auld bashing and in cases rightly so.

But I was surfing the web tonight and seen an offer I couldn't refuse.

I had a few options for my next trip and they were as follows;

1). Dublin to Bkk via Abu Dhabi with Etihad 1182euro, total time including connection waiting time was 15hrs 55 mins

2). London to Bkk via Abu Dhabi with Etihad 935euro, total time 13hours 5mins

3). London to Bkk direct with Thai Air 906euro, total time 11hours 30mins

Now the option I did take

4). London to Bkk via Delhi with Air India 667euro, total time 15hours 45mins

Now also I have to add on 120euro because that's my return flight to London with Aer Lingus so basically I'm saving 241euro by not flying direct from London and incredible 395euro by not flying from Ireland.

Just wondering if BM's here think that that substantial saving is worth traveling with Air India or should I have paid the extra 241euro and flown with Thai Air?

Thanks

Pattayarox

I guess you are saving the equivalent of 10,000-20,000 baht. You can do a lot of damage with that in Pattaya so as long as your connections work i reckon it is worth it.

I think matters such as crap food, crap service and poor entertainment systems are a bit of a pain in the arse but not deal breakers if you have a really cheap fare. However, if your flight is cancelled or you miss a connection you will probably regret it. There are a fair few bad reviews of that airline but I figure 95% of passengers dont have a problem. Just hope you are one of them!

Anyhow, if you are booked now just relax and think about what you will spend your savings on. Hope all goes well.

Yeah that's what I was thinking maybe a couple of free visit's to the DEN with the saving's, well that's my way of thinking about it anyway

I've been looking at India air flights too. Some good deals at the moments.

I've been looking at India air flights too. Some good deals at the moments.

Yes I'll be doing a TR on my next visit and I'll have a description of the flight and airline

I haven't flown Air India in a very long time but in the past have never had too many problems apart from the miserable stewardesses on board. Etihad and Thai have been great flights with great service but for that price I would take my chances with Air India too! Let us know how you get on.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

I haven't flown Air India in a very long time but in the past have never had too many problems apart from the miserable stewardesses on board. Etihad and Thai have been great flights with great service but for that price I would take my chances with Air India too! Let us know how you get on.

Will indeed they seem to have lots and lots of offers on the cheap, hope its not because they are a cheap airline but fingers crossed all will be good :-)

Have you looked at Eva air prices ? Direct flights from LHR and reasonably priced.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

I've flown with air India before to new York I'd never fly with them again old airlines shite inflight entertainment no tv's in back of seats food awful and I like Indian food I suppose if your on a budget for your flight then ok but I'd rather pay a bit extra and fly with a better airline, good luck with your flight anyway :GoldenSmile1:

Have you looked at Eva air prices ? Direct flights from LHR and reasonably priced.

I flew with EVA on my 1st trip and will fly with them every time I go to LOS but all seats in July booked up on all websites except with Eva they charge 900gbp so 1050euro

Tried everywhere but left it to late, highly recommend them!

Yes I'll be doing a TR on my next visit and I'll have a description of the flight and airline

Good to hear mate. I look forward to you TR

I was based in India many years ago and have flown with Air India many times over the years. My advice is to go expecting the worst and hope for the best.

Could be worse though, you could of chosen Pakistan international airlines.

turkish airways fly from dublin to bangkok via istanbul. sometimes they are cheap

air india is pure shite. flew with them last time and i will never pass through india again. not only are the flights bad but the fucking airports dehli and bombay are a joke also. would gladly spend a few hundred extra myself now to avoid them

i am flying etihad myself this time. managed to get it for around 600 return euro from london to bkk. and a 50 euro flight to heathrow from dublin. there are cheap ways of doing it,but u gotta have the patience to look. kayak.com is a good site for searching flights

Hi Sean

Yes agree with you 100% about checking all option's my first flight I flew with Eva Air was cheap, but this time my friend is going 16th of July from Ireland so decided to get over my Pattaya blues by booking same dates, I am a net junky and have checked every single site for a cheap route but this was undoubtedly the cheapest because I had no time and so higher prices.

50euro from Ireland to Heathrow with Aer lingus is unreal of a price as you have to pay 10euro for the seat booking and 30 for the luggage normally sure its costing me 160 total to fly return from Dublin to Heathrow, but again probably because of late booking.

yeah that 50 quid price was one way to heathrow.( i plan on falling in love and getting married in pattaya. hahah!) look i wont sugar coat it, flying air india sucks but on the way out there u dont give a shit cos u are on your way.its coming back that sucks. send me a pm if u wanna meet up for a few pints when u are there

I think you had a tough decision. Thai Airways is a great airline as are Eva, they are both equal in being my 1st choice so I just go with which one is the cheapest or if Eva's Elite Class is a reasonable price I will book that, on my forthcoming trip Elite Class was £794 so I booked that.

But the 240 euro saving is significant, so you probably made the choice that was right for you. I usually say to myself, if I can save over £200 by flying indirect then I will do, but I would also probably not include Air India in my decision making after reading bad stuff about them on here.

Good luck with the run up to your trip, I hope you don't get any phone calls telling you that your flight might be cancelled like Big Reg had.

I think you had a tough decision. Thai Airways is a great airline as are Eva, they are both equal in being my 1st choice so I just go with which one is the cheapest or if Eva's Elite Class is a reasonable price I will book that, on my forthcoming trip Elite Class was £794 so I booked that.

But the 240 euro saving is significant, so you probably made the choice that was right for you. I usually say to myself, if I can save over £200 by flying indirect then I will do, but I would also probably not include Air India in my decision making after reading bad stuff about them on here.

Good luck with the run up to your trip, I hope you don't get any phone calls telling you that your flight might be cancelled like Big Reg had.

Yeah fingers crossed m8.

My general feeling about Air India is this, they fly everyday from LHR to BKK and I only see maybe 10 complaints about them, now tbh I haven't seen 1 good report except for the price.

Really I am annoyed with myself I should have booked EVA when I had the chance or even Thai and again tbh I might even write this flight off take my loss and book with Thai......I'm a bit disheartened about it all really.

But that's my current humour another way I look at it is I will "take the plunge" and report to all the lads here who can see the big price difference with Air India to recommend them or not.

Yes I saw £479 with sensible connections.Wish I had taken the plunge as well above £600 now.

Yes I saw £479 with sensible connections.Wish I had taken the plunge as well above £600 now.

Have you flown with them before?