IGNORED

I Mac screen brocken! Need new!

Mattyg711

Hi I dropped my apple iMac g5 and the screens broken. Does any one kno where I can replace the screen and how much it would cost.

Thanks guys pls reply I don't have a computer to watch movies on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Hi I dropped my apple iMac g5 and the screens broken. Does any one kno where I can replace the screen and how much it would cost.

Thanks guys pls reply I don't have a computer to watch movies on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

is it the 17 or 20 inch model?

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

It's the 20 inch model. Any ideas?

I have ideas but you won't like them.

I have a 17'' imac with a brand new screen but I fried the power supply and it was cheaper picking up a second-hand 20" model than fixing it. I got a core 2 machine with the intel processor ex lease for 12,000 baht. ($450 Australian),,,,,..so you can factor that against the repair costs. If you go to the Apple store on level 3 in Toucom they can give you a quote but I doubt that you will get away under 6000 baht.. You might find a second-hand screen on E-bay and they are not that hard to replace. There are heaps of U-tube videos showing how to do this or take it to one of the service techs in toucom and see if they will fix it.

Your Imac will still work with a fucked screen. My advice is to search around for a second-hand LCD screen and plug it into your Imac. You need the mini display port to DVI or VGA adaptors ($4 to $10 on e-bay) I found a mini display to HDMI in an accessories store on 4th floor in toucom and it cost 250 baht. A 3 meter HDMI lead and I plugged into my Sony Bravia in the hotel...

You can pick up a new 24 inch LCD screen for $300 in Australia so aim for around 1000 baht in LOS.

If toucom is no good, then you can get most things from Pantip Plaza in BKK but don't expect cheap Mac parts...they don't seem to exist unless you use EBAY and have them sent to you.

Good Luck

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Yea man I see what u mean about buying a LCD screen and hooking it up to the iMac.

Maybe u could help me with something else. I searched on eBay and found a few screens for the I Mac and I know that there are 3 generations of I mac 5 but I don't know if the screens work with each other. Do u know what I mean?

Does the first generation 20 inch iMac screen work on a 3rd generation iMac. They all look the same but the one I have which is 3rd generation I believe, has I sight on the front.

Cheers

Yea man I see what u mean about buying a LCD screen and hooking it up to the iMac.

Maybe u could help me with something else. I searched on eBay and found a few screens for the I Mac and I know that there are 3 generations of I mac 5 but I don't know if the screens work with each other. Do u know what I mean?

Does the first generation 20 inch iMac screen work on a 3rd generation iMac. They all look the same but the one I have which is 3rd generation I believe, has I sight on the front.

Cheers

You need to get your serial number and search on that...try a few of the forums to get the best answer. I use every mac to get most answers

www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search...iMac,1

Voltaire