IGNORED

Marriage Awareness

size13shoes

Greetings Gentlemen

Ok you have married your Thai sweet heart, applied for a partner / marriage type visa for your Thai wife in your country lets say Australia, all probation periods have finished etc its all been approved no more visa troubles, she is living with you in your country.

Now married to you and living in your country my question is – as a Thai person do they loose any of their privileges in Thailand e.g.

 Being able to start up a business on their own or

 Buying property or having property in their name etc

 Any other privileges I am not aware of

I have no idea on these questions and many more, I would like some clarification if possible please and or any advice you think a foreigner / husband needs to be aware of.

Cheers

Greetings Gentlemen

Ok you have married your Thai sweet heart, applied for a partner / marriage type visa for your Thai wife in your country lets say Australia, all probation periods have finished etc its all been approved no more visa troubles, she is living with you in your country.

Now married to you and living in your country my question is – as a Thai person do they loose any of their privileges in Thailand e.g.

I have no idea on these questions and many more, I would like some clarification if possible please and or any advice you think a foreigner / husband needs to be aware of.

Cheers

The only time she would have an issue is if she became an Australian citizen. I am fairly sure that the Thais do not allow dual nationality.

Also be aware that she is not totally free to come and go. There is a certain amount of time she needs to be present in Australia and/or the amount of time she can spend overseas. You will need to research this if you are planning to relocate to Thailand. My sister went overseas for a little over two years once and had trouble getting back in because she was only a PR rather than a citizen.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

as far as i am aware you thai wife is still entitled to do what she could do before she moved to another country as she is a thai cititzen. you are better off ringing thai consulate in your country.

The only time she would have an issue is if she became an Australian citizen. I am fairly sure that the Thais do not allow dual nationality.

Also be aware that she is not totally free to come and go. There is a certain amount of time she needs to be present in Australia and/or the amount of time she can spend overseas. You will need to research this if you are planning to relocate to Thailand. My sister went overseas for a little over two years once and had trouble getting back in because she was only a PR rather than a citizen.

Hi Scumbag

Once again thanks you for your time and knowledge Scumbag, I’m looking to get married in the next 12 months or so, I’m just trying to research the subject so I can avoid any inconveniences down the track.

thank you

Greetings Gentlemen

Cheers

As long as she remains a Thai citizen she keeps all her rights (to own land etc.), but she will not be able to travel as easily as most western citizens.

Dual nationality is not permitted for Thai citizens.

as far as i am aware you thai wife is still entitled to do what she could do before she moved to another country as she is a thai cititzen. you are better off ringing thai consulate in your country.

Hi Hillsy

Thanks for your reply I will be checking with the Thai Consulate but sometimes they do not tell you everything as they usually only answer the questions you ask, I find real life experience and worldly knowledge helps fill in the gaps.

Cheers

As long as she remains a Thai citizen she keeps all her rights (to own land etc.), but she will not be able to travel as easily as most western citizens.

Dual nationality is not permitted for Thai citizens.

Thank you

My lady was a bit worried and uncertain about her land and a future business. I will look into the travel side of things a bit more.

Cheers.