IGNORED

What's the best web site to book flights ?

dinger

What's the best web site to book flights out of the USA . I used Yahoo travel the last time and got a round trip flight for $850 , I don't think I will be able to get lucky this time ,they are running around $1300 on most of the sites I'm looking at .

None

I book all my travel online but from Australia.

Expedia maybe. Directly with the airlines can be good too sometimes.

Try Kayak. They are the cheapest that I have found. Good luck.

Try Kayak. They are the cheapest that I have found. Good luck.

+1 Kayak gathers and looks for the cheapest rates for your specific departure/arrival/return dates.

<p><a href="http://www.freeflashtoys.com/?myspace-countdown-clocks"><OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="180" id="myMovieName"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="maturity=1309147200000:13395456:6737100:16776960:source.pyzam.com/app_res/mdp_cd/300x180/a/8/ahbabe.gif:Party032Time032in032Thailand033033033033"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://stuff.freeflashtoys.com/swf/cd_custom.swf"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><EMBED src="http://stuff.freeflashtoys.com/swf/cd_custom.swf?maturity=1309147200000:13395456:6737100:16776960:source.pyzam.com/app_res/mdp_cd/300x180/a/8/ahbabe.gif:Party032Time032in032Thailand033033033033" quality=high WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="180" wmode="transparent" NAME="myMovieName" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED></OBJECT></a><br> /></p>

The USA is a big place and ticket prices can vary greatly between the west coast and east. What part of the US are you traveling to? I just got a r/t ticket on Delta to the eastcoast for $1363. Delta is having a promotion fare for travel in June.

• 5 weeks later...

Kayak just grabs prices from other sites. When you click the price, it will give you a link to the other sites where you actually book it like Orbitz and Expedia.

I used to use Orbitz, but switched over to Expedia last year because it lets you pick your seats. Really nice when you also use a seat look-up site like seatguru.com.

So search using Kayak, then click the link to Expedia.

There are a few aggregator sites out there. Kayak is one of them, also travelsupermarket and skyscanner.

Kayak, expedia and directly on the airline websites

compare the three, you should then get the cheapest flights around !

cheers,

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Pattaya%20%26%20Buriram%20!&count=down&time=1329256800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xffffff&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0x990000&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x990000&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x000000&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Generate your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">flash countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

Patong - May/June 2011 Trip Report

Pattaya - October 2011 - Video TR

Angeles City - December 2011 !!

Pattaya - February 2012

Prague/Amsterdam - June 2012 !

There are a few aggregator sites out there. Kayak is one of them, also travelsupermarket and skyscanner.

They search a lot of sites but not all.

Agencies have to subscribe to be listed.

Westeast travel for one doesn't and they offer best price whatever is listed elsewhere.

You will also get deals when you enrol in frequent flyer programs even if you don't fly that often. I usually use Kayak to see what direction prices are heading in and then try the airlines' own websites for further offers.

Usually find the best price with orbitz.com, but occasionally have found bt-store.com to be lower (sometimes by a few hundred). Biggest advantage with Orbitz is it almost always has flights available for the days I want to depart/return, whereas it's more hit and miss regarding desired departure and return dates with bt-store.

Also, check out bookingbuddy.com. It's not a discount site itself but it allows you to enter all your travel info (dates, locations, etc.) in one form, then after you hit enter it gives you multiple tabs for most of the discount sites (i.e.- orbitz, expedia, etc) . Just click on each tab to see the best price...the advantage is that you only have to enter your info once to see the results from multiple discount sites.

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.

If you have an iphone there is a good ap called Skyscanner.

I use it to look up flights and it looks at multiple websites to find the best deal.

I would have to guess that there is a similar iPhone Ap for other major countries.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

They search a lot of sites but not all.

Agencies have to subscribe to be listed.

Westeast travel for one doesn't and they offer best price whatever is listed elsewhere.

To be honest id never even heard of them. What airlines do they use? This is my first trip so I don't really want any dodgey airlines, I ended up spending a bit more for emirates but they have a good track record so i don't mind.

To be honest id never even heard of them. What airlines do they use?...

Just another company along the lines of Southall. They use all airlines, up to you to pick the one that's right for you. Like Southall, you can find good and bad reviews. I prefer to deal with the airlines direct than chance booking through a 3rd party.

To be honest id never even heard of them. What airlines do they use? This is my first trip so I don't really want any dodgey airlines, I ended up spending a bit more for emirates but they have a good track record so i don't mind.

One of the biggest agencies in terms of tickets sold. Personally have purchased at least 50 returns from them and fellow travellers from my city would put at least another zero on that total.

Back in 90's used to concentrate on Thai Eva and Vietnam airlines with preferential rates for Thais and families.

Now as previous poster says they view entire market. Never had a problem.

Will keep them in mind for future trips. In the end I went direct to Emirates.

• 4 years later...

If you have an iphone there is a good ap called Skyscanner.

I use it to look up flights and it looks at multiple websites to find the best deal.

I would have to guess that there is a similar iPhone Ap for other major countries.

It's a website, any device with Internet access will do.

Booking direct on the airlines own website is recommended by most travellers

Skyscanner is a research engine, and I would certainly avoid booking flights through the advertising links on there, as most of the advertisers on there are well-known dodgy 3rd party agents

Skyscanner and ITA On the Fly are good apps to gather schedules and pricing, but I will always book directly with the airline of choice.

Booking direct on the airlines own website is recommended by most travellers

Skyscanner is a research engine, and I would certainly avoid booking flights through the advertising links on there, as most of the advertisers on there are well-known dodgy 3rd party agents

Skyscanner and ITA On the Fly are good apps to gather schedules and pricing, but I will always book directly with the airline of choice.

I've used skyscanner my last three trips.

On each occasion bestjet has offered the best price than any others.

When comparing prices direct with the airlines they've been at least $100-200 cheaper.

Had no problems with skyscanner/bestjet thus far...

I use skyscanner and it's OK but what I look at

the most is layover times and Skyscanner shows

all I need to know.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

When comparing prices direct with the airlines they've been at least $100-200 cheaper.

Had no problems with skyscanner/bestjet thus far...

My problem, though admittedly over 15 years ago, was that many of the discount rates from aggregators came with too many restrictions and the airlines would often not modify them, nor would they come with FF benefits. For a few hundred dollars savings it wasn't worth the trouble.

What I notice now is that, for example, DL will show a business fare on ITA which will be slightly less on DLs own booking tool. I've seen the same with KL.

Archived