Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Surin

SkiBum

Heading to Surin in November for the Elephant round up anyone ever been? How is the night life and hotels. Thought about the Thong Tarin hotel any other newer hotels anyone would suggest? It's been about 2 or 3 years since my last visit to Surin and any new information on the place would aid me greatly. Thanks

book your hotel ASAP...

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was there for the roundup in 1990..... sorry, that's prob not much good to you!!

went last year (been before) and had a great time. as someone said, book early as the hotels fill up quickly (and they up their prices 50-60%)

the show is on sat and sun mornings, its the same show both days. ticket prices vary from standing in the sun, sitting in the sun, and the falang section is sitting in the shade with an english commentary. its a great day out. they have a big market/show/trade fair all weekend and you see elephants roaming around town giving rides and badging food.

do a google on surin elephant roundup and you will get a lot more info and pictures. dont miss it.....

• 3 weeks later...
Heading to Surin in November for the Elephant round up anyone ever been? How is the night life and hotels. Thought about the Thong Tarin hotel any other newer hotels anyone would suggest? It's been about 2 or 3 years since my last visit to Surin and any new information on the place would aid me greatly. Thanks

Very similar hotel to the Thong Tarin is the Majestic. Its located in the same general vicinity opposite the bus terminal. The Majestic is a little newer I think about two years old. It has a pool and the usual amenities. There's a strip of karaoke and coyote bars the next soi over from the Thong Tarin and a nightclub Speed 3. Also one block away from Thong Tarin is a Taewan Daeng type place. So, there is a little Thai style nightlife in the surrounding area.

Edited by AjarnBill

No real new advice than has been stated already........but....BOOK YOUR hotel NOW....it is really worth getting it booked as others have stated it fills up quickly. You will have a good time it is worth seeing and the p4p scene is there as a bonus

• 1 month later...

Skibum,

Definitely book your hotel way in advance for this show. The hotels fill up fast for that weekend. There's a good pictorial article here that shows the show. Some great pics and info there: http://www.thailandstories.com/article/tra...t-festival.html

Sombat

Edited by sombat

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Thanks for all the help guys...we had a good time! On another note the gogo on the next soi over from the Thong Tarin at the end of the soi on the left is pretty good. Large bottles of Heiniken for 100 baht. With the girls changing clothes after almost every set it seemed like there were many more girls. Thong Tarin vs Majestic...It's a tough call.

• 11 months later...

Im planning a trip to Surin when i go back to Thailand, i wonder if anyone have a hotel recomandation in the city. I also wonder if there are a bar strip there, or anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Martin at the farangconnection always has all the info up about it on his site and you can book directly through him.

John....