Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

i need your advice

shaky

i am in a situation where my girlfriend wants to come live with me in ireland. i am with her for 2 years and we get on really well. i have not been faithfull to her all the time but in the last 8-9 months we are getting on great. i am going to live in thailand in 2 years but i dont want to wait that long to start our family together. my question is how difficult is it to get her an irish visa. thank you for any advice........ she is 22 i am 42./

i am in a situation where my girlfriend wants to come live with me in ireland. i am with her for 2 years and we get on really well. i have not been faithfull to her all the time but in the last 8-9 months we are getting on great. i am going to live in thailand in 2 years but i dont want to wait that long to start our family together. my question is how difficult is it to get her an irish visa. thank you for any advice........ she is 22 i am 42./

Until someone who knows better chimes in, it sounds like you're looking at a visitor type visa, which for Ireland is 90 days max, non-extendable.

Here is a link on all the details for applying.

You refer to her as G/F, but also mention starting a family. You are not already nor are you planning on getting married? Obviously a legal family member joining you would be an entirely different situation.

Dont bother i have one runnin around Ireland somewhere you can have :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by redfred

i want to marry her, but i think the best thing is to spend a couple of months together first. thank you for your your reply

Shaky, that's a considerable age difference. 10 years, maybe 13 or 14 okay but you are twenty years older that her. Are you sure that she will still want to be with you once she gets to Ireland? You also mention that you have not been faithful to her. You may want to consider moving up your timeframe for moving to Thailand. You would probably have a better chance for success there.

Think of it this way:

You are forty two and go to Pattaya with your forty year old wife which you spent many happy years with in Ireland. Now you are in Thailand with your pick of gorgeous twenty year olds running around all over the place. How long before you leave your older wife for one of the twenty year olds?

If you bring your girlfriend to Ireland, how long will she take getting hit on by twenty year old handsome lads who find her beautiful and exotic before she gives in?

Just my two cents.....

Take your time fella-i know my 1 bout a year and a half(i'm 34 she's 24 not bg).. brought her over in march with holiday visa(stupid drunken promise and unfortunately i'm a man of my word) :) took a lot of paperwork and the girl who got me the visa was dead straight with me.. got onto my local td to push my visa forward... my advice (if ya want it) is to bring her for holiday and suss her out generally-she has to see you in normal working week suituations-they only see the farang spending 1000's and think we're all loaded, my 1 couldn't understand that it took me 49 weeks to save for a 3wk holiday-luckily i've a few buddies who married thai girls so they took her under their wing and helped her out and gave her a bit of normality food/etc-they do get homesick(especially with the weather-you know urself)....hope this helps!