Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa O or O-A

phee sua

Is it true that with the 1 year visa 'O' you still have to leave the country every 3 months (stamp in immigration not possible?) and with visa O-A you can go to immigration every 3 months but if you want to leave the country (let say going other country of home after 5 or 6 months) that you have to ask for re-entry. Is there someone who knows if this true? And if so where do you have to ask this re-entry, immigration service ?

I ask this because I want to take this longterm visa because I go next month for 3 months to Thailand, coming back for 2 months and then going for almost 7 months. I know that I can have a visa for 3 months but still need later that 1 year visa when I go 7 months. It is cheaper to do now. But if I have to cross border every 3 months it is not cheaper of course.

I think this is a question for ex-pats

Let me know guys and have a nice time,

Phee sua

you need to leave every 3 months. Many make a border run to Cambodia leave in the morning back in the afternoon.

You are correct about the visa differences. How old are you? If you are younger than 50 the O-A visa is not available to you.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

you need to leave every 3 months. Many make a border run to Cambodia leave in the morning back in the afternoon.

Are you sure because when I was there last time an american guy 'Jimmy' told me that he only has to go to immigration every 3 months and he lives in Pattaya more then 2 years. The only thing I don't know wich Visa he has.

Thanks anyway,

Phee sua

You are correct about the visa differences. How old are you? If you are younger than 50 the O-A visa is not available to you.

I'm 58 years old. You said that I'm right. Where do I have to go for asking for re-entry? Can you please tell me in short the procedure from Visa O-A and what the benefit is for having and not Visa O

Thanks,

Phee sua

I'm 58 years old. You said that I'm right. Where do I have to go for asking for re-entry? Can you please tell me in short the procedure from Visa O-A and what the benefit is for having and not Visa O

Thanks,

Phee sua

I have an O and on that visa you have to leave every 90 days. I am fairly sure that on the returement visa (ie O-A) you report to immigration every 90 days at a cost of 1900 Baht. If I was you I would apply for a multiple entry visa. Failing that you can get a re-entry visa at immigration in Jomtien. Don't leave the country without a multiple entry or re-entry visa as you will invalidate your visa. Your best bet is to ask at your local embassy as the requirements for visas vary from office to office.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

hi just do a search on here for visa info you'll get all the correct info there,loads of threads on this subject

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Are you sure because when I was there last time an american guy 'Jimmy' told me that he only has to go to immigration every 3 months and he lives in Pattaya more then 2 years. The only thing I don't know wich Visa he has.

Thanks anyway,

Phee sua

SORRY. I missed your point about O-A. With an extension of stay based on retirement you need to report to the immigration every 90 days. Not sure of the cost.

I have an O and on that visa you have to leave every 90 days. I am fairly sure that on the returement visa (ie O-A) you report to immigration every 90 days at a cost of 1900 Baht. If I was you I would apply for a multiple entry visa. Failing that you can get a re-entry visa at immigration in Jomtien. Don't leave the country without a multiple entry or re-entry visa as you will invalidate your visa. Your best bet is to ask at your local embassy as the requirements for visas vary from office to office.

SORRY. I missed your point about O-A. With an extension of stay based on retirement you need to report to the immigration every 90 days. Not sure of the cost.

For an Extension of Stay (Retirement) only obtainable here, the 90 day address reporting does not cost anything, but you need a Re-entry Permit (Single or Multi) only available from Immigration here, if you want to go out without killing your Visa.

For a One Year Multi Entry (stretchable to 15 months) only obtainable outside the Kingdom, you are obliged to go out every 90 days but you don't need a Re-entry Permit.

Is that what you're asking?

For an Extension of Stay (Retirement) only obtainable here, the 90 day address reporting does not cost anything, but you need a Re-entry Permit (Single or Multi) only available from Immigration here, if you want to go out without killing your Visa.

For a One Year Multi Entry (stretchable to 15 months) only obtainable outside the Kingdom, you are obliged to go out every 90 days but you don't need a Re-entry Permit.

Is that what you're asking?

Ok, now I know what I can do. If I want to stay all the year in Thailand and just leave for home after 10 months or more I will better take the O-A visa. Probably end of next year I will do. Short after setting my message on the board I met a guy in my town who will go back next week with this visa O-A and he told me that he had to give in thai consulate an "attest of health" and another one of "good behavior" - LOL

This time I will take the multiple entry visa O because I will leave Thailand after 3 months for going home and in the next 6 or 7 months that I will be back in Thailand I hope to have enough money to visit the Philippines. Best is then to do just before ending of the 3 first months.

Thanks to all the guys for replying. It will be good to be back in LOS next month.

Phee sua