IGNORED

Sunshine Residences Soi 8

Rawky

My Homies,

Have been looking at sunshine hotel and residences or another Soi 8 hotel, for a stay in October sometime... I've stayed at Sunshine Vista (Soi 3) a few times but this time want a hotel thats a little closer to Walking St and where all the biz is at....

Do you guys know?

- Are the Seaview rooms in the Residence or in the Standard wing?

- Are the renovations complete with pool open?

- Is there a safe in the hotel rooms?

Thanks people!!

My Homies,

Have been looking at sunshine hotel and residences or another Soi 8 hotel, for a stay in October sometime... I've stayed at Sunshine Vista (Soi 3) a few times but this time want a hotel thats a little closer to Walking St and where all the biz is at....

Do you guys know?

- Are the Seaview rooms in the Residence or in the Standard wing?

- Are the renovations complete with pool open?

- Is there a safe in the hotel rooms?

Thanks people!!

dont no about the views,the renovations were still ongoing in january and the safes are behind the reception,hope that helps,ive stayed there before and its in a brilliant location for bars sois 7 and 8 just outside your door.

I have stayed at the Sunshine many times but not in the last 2 years, but i have booked a room for next week in the Residences. There are safes in these rooms. I also had a "sea view" room once and paid about 1000baht more per night than the other rooms. I could see the horizon and the odd paraglider flying past but not much else. Waste of money. You would have to be on the top floor to sea any water but you won't see the beach. Bear in mind that the hotel is half way up soi 8.

If you're going in October, i would think that any work being done would be near completion and the pool may be open.

You will get better hotels for the price, but the location is spot on.

I'll let you know what the score is when i get back.

Give them a call or e-mail them.

• 5 months later...

Can anyone compare the "hotel" rooms and the "residence" rooms here? Looking for a place to stay at in January, this place seems solid but the residence rooms are a bit pricier than the hotel rooms. Just wondering if there is much of a difference.