IGNORED

Question re Retirement Visa

Singha23

Hi

I just have a quick question on the Retirement Visa that I hope someone can help me with.

My plan is to one day (when I turn 50) obtain a Retirement Visa for Thailand, but obtain this visa from my home country. I know it is probably easier to get the Retirement by extension visa in Thailand, but anyway I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to the following:

Once you are granted this Thailand Retirement Visa after applying for it in your home country, how long do you have until you have to leave your home country for Thailand with this visa in hand, or is there no time limt.

So for example, my thinking is to obtain the retirement visa from my home country, have that approved and in hand, then organise the sale or rent of my house, removal of furniture, etc all of which mught take some time before I can leave for Thailand.

So am just wondering if the Retirement Visa has some sort of time limit on it once you have it approved in your home country until the time you are required to enter Thailand.

Cheers

I'm guessing it would be valid for 3 months from date of issue, but I suggest you phone or email to be sure.

I think it's quite a lengthy process, getting CRCs etc, so they'll tell you when you start applying.

Sorry, not sure.

your best bet would be to sort out things at home first sell house etc, then get a 90 day single or multiple entry visa from home country, convert it to a retirement visa when you live in thailand a lot easier to do there,a retirement visa needs renewing every 12 months no point in having one if your in the uk for 6 months waiting to sell up, easier to sort out in thailand setting up thai bank account prove of income etc

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->