IGNORED

Linda's restaurant Jomtien , any good ?

I was reading papers, guides etc to Pattaya I brought home and was thinking of giving Lindas a try next trip as looked like a good spot to try , comments or advice as seemed worth a visit ? and I like to try new places to enjoy a meal.

If that's the one in Jomtien? If so, I hear good stuff about it. My boss' grandparents often go to Pattaya (so does he) and they allways eat there. His grandmother even had her 70th birthday there, and my boss told me to check it out. I never did though

If that's the one in Jomtien? If so, I hear good stuff about it. My boss' grandparents often go to Pattaya (so does he) and they allways eat there. His grandmother even had her 70th birthday there, and my boss told me to check it out. I never did though

Let's give us a go together in november if you there.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Cheers guys , yes the one in Jomtien and sounds good, I'm back in September will have to try it.

yea eaten there a few times nice food, be even better if they ever finish the road repairs outside a real pain with all the dust, must have effected trade alot as this has been going on for ages now

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Cheers guys , yes the one in Jomtien and sounds good, I'm back in September will have to try it.

I must say though, I think it's mostly filled with Norwegians. They have several norwegian artists playing there during the year, and most of those artists cater to older Norwegians singing terrible Norwegian "Schlagers"

Stayed at Jomtien last trip ( big mistake ) and ate at Linda's many times as stayed at VT2A which is next to it.

Can confirm the food is very good but not cheap.

As leeds said if the road has still not been repaired, the dust around the area is your entree, so would not bother.

• 1 year later...

Had a few meals there now, the food is of good quality and the service is excellent! Had a nice brekkie this morning, american, two eggs, bacon (properly cooked), potatoes and some nice garnishes and toast. Came with juice and coffee. All in for 99 Baht. The food was well prepared and tasty. I have found some of the breakfasts in jomtien overly greasy.

Used to go regularly for the Norwegian luxury breakfast until my last visit when the quality dropped due to reduced portions which at 180 baht made it an expensive option, not been back since.

• 4 years later...

Checked out Linda's tonight as my Thai lady friend likes the place. The comments above are fairly accurate despite the time that has gone by. It has a Norwegian influence. Linda stopped by to say hi to my friend and I believe she is Thai. My Thai lady friend showed me some pics of herself with Linda's extended family and this seems like a Norwegian-Thai partnership. I am guessing and do not really know the people.

I like the place. It's very close to La Bocca on Thappraya. 

Here is a pic of the decor early at night.

Lindas Decor.JPG

I had the Rack of Lamb. It was a little disappointing, but I am hard to please for this dish. I make it myself a few times a year.

Lindas Rack of Lamb.JPG

My friend had the Seafood Platter and it was pretty good.

Lindas Seafood Platter.JPG

Short story - I liked it and will try again.

The breakfast & lunch specials are good value if you fancy something a little different - only place I've ever had bacon served with sugar on it :-) I did like the yellow pea soup served on the side.

Expensive in the evening with a fairly limited menu but pretty good.

Bacon pancakes with yellow pea soup:

IMG_2950.JPGIMG_2951.JPG

Their version of English breakfast:

IMG_3110.JPGIMG_3111.JPG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived