IGNORED

How do I quote and edit?

Kangarooted

Sorry - didn't seem to be able to start a topic in the forum technical questions area.

When I want to quote a post, it is not crediting the person who made it - this is new for me it used to work but not sure what I'm doing wrong

I guess you have got no credit cards then.

How can I get it to refernce the original poster?

Also - How do I edit, if say I want to change the topic description of my trip report for instance, or in general during the report if I need to go back and change something or delete something?

Sorry - didn't seem to be able to start a topic in the forum technical questions area.

When I want to quote a post, it is not crediting the person who made it - this is new for me it used to work but not sure what I'm doing wrong

How can I get it to refernce the original poster?

Also - How do I edit, if say I want to change the topic description of my trip report for instance, or in general during the report if I need to go back and change something or delete something?

If you click on the Reply button it will quote the poster and reference him.

If you clip a post be careful to leave the opening and closing references intact.

You can edit your text by clicking on Edit, but to change the Title etc (or pics) you then need to click Full Editor.

You will be on a time limit (48hrs?) after which you would have to ask a Mod.

Edit - Or of course you could pay 8 quid for the month and be a Power User. GoldenSmile1.gif

If you click on the Reply button it will quote the poster and reference him.

If you clip a post be careful to leave the opening and closing references intact.

You can edit your text by clicking on Edit, but to change the Title etc (or pics) you then need to click Full Editor.

You will be on a time limit (48hrs?) after which you would have to ask a Mod.

Edit - Or of course you could pay 8 quid for the month and be a Power User.

Thanks - Testing !

NOPE - still not referencing you in this instance - merely says "Quote"?

Do you still get a notification that someone has quoted you in this instance?

Thanks - Testing !

Strange, that tends to suggest that the 2 quote references are there in brackets, but that the timestamp eg in above it's "name='Kangarooted' timestamp='1304145428' post='1207165'" is missing.

No, no notification - don't think there can be without the timestamp.

I have no idea why that should happen. I see it from time to time but always assume that the quoter has cropped it off or created his own quoye references by typing them round the text.

Sorry - dunno - pay the 8 quid. GoldenSmile1.gif

If it doesn't resolve itself I suggest you PM Serpentine and also ask for this to be moved to Technical Issues.

PS - When you say "Quote", can I assume you mean

at the start and [/quote ] at the end? (had to put a space in the end one to disable it)

Thanks - Testing !

Are you hitting the "reply" button at the bottom of the post you are trying to quote?

What browser are you using? Is it up to date? Do you have JavaScript disabled?

Are you hitting the "reply" button at the bottom of the post you are trying to quote?

What browser are you using? Is it up to date? Do you have JavaScript disabled?

OK - thank you Serpentine.

I have played around with it a bit and I think I have it sorted now to some extent. Was using a different PC.