IGNORED

Which Visa for Thailand ?

thaibutch

Hi guys, this is for my friend and I hope someone can help as we're both a little confused.

He is over 50 and British, and wants to live in Thailand for a year with some friends in Ayutaya. Which visa should he go for ? Is it a non-immigrant O or something else ? Also would he need to exit the country for the dreaded vias run ? Also been told Hull would be the place to apply as they are "less strict"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys, this is for my friend and I hope someone can help as we're both a little confused.

He is over 50 and British, and wants to live in Thailand for a year with some friends in Ayutaya. Which visa should he go for ? Is it a non-immigrant O or something else ? Also would he need to exit the country for the dreaded vias run ? Also been told Hull would be the place to apply as they are "less strict"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Non Imm O for 12 months. After that if he wants to stay he can convert to retirement visa.

Yes Hull will grant a Non Imm O for "staying with friends" - the London consulate will not.

Yes he has to do Visa runs every 90 days.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hull have tightened up on the 'O' for friends visa recently. Although reportedly they will accept house deeds or yearly rental contract.

Category “O”

Married to a Thai national

Evidence required: Copy of marriage certificate (in English).

or

Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required: Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship plus letter from relative confirming they are in Thailand together with copy of valid entry visa in their passport or copy of valid work permit.

or

Volunteer work

Evidence required: Suitable letter from recognised charity.

or

Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing receipt of pension.

or

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over.

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

Your friend could try for an 'O' but if it's refused it will be harder to get an alternative visa. He could get a double or triple entry tourist visa, which would give him either

2*60 days + 30 days extension per entry = 180 days ~ 6 months or

3*60 days + 30 days extension per entry = 270 days ~ 9 months (in theory)

I say in theory because the the last entry of the triple has to be used within 6 months of the visa being activated (when he first arrives in Thailand)

Welcome to LOS = visa hell. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif