IGNORED

Resizing photos.

elmo

How do i resize my photos to maintain picture quality for your veiwing pleasure?Appologies for my previous post AS to pic size/quality. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hello Elmo,

You will need some software to resize it. Try this, it is called photogadget. You will need to download it on to your computer, when you go to the site click download, when the box comes up just click Run.Read the page the download comes on to see how it works, when using it for your picture put the sizes in the custom boxes and tick keep aspect ratio.Then click ok.that will put the picture in My pictures on your computer. A good size to use on these forums is 640+480, just tick the box for that one.

http://www.xemico.com/photogadget/freeware.html

Anyway welcome to the board. :D

Ok i'll get it sorted out.ps avitar flag's on this board?

I will try and get the flags added this weekend. As for the photo resizing, now we have the latest board, it does it automatically!

I will try and get the flags added this weekend. As for the photo resizing, now we have the latest board, it does it automatically!

Ok sweet keep up the good work.i have down loaded the photo gadget nice simple prog that appears to work great.i'll post a few more pics later :huh:

And I DO NOT LIKE IT. I know enough about digital photography to be able to reduce the size of my photos to 640x480 before posting them to the board. At that small size to have them reduced another 20% is ridiculous. The heading advising the viewer to click to enlarge must use up as much space as that removed from each photo (already at 640x480).

Surely you can turn that "feature" off?

And I DO NOT LIKE IT. I know enough about digital photography to be able to reduce the size of my photos to 640x480 before posting them to the board.

Yeah, but not everybody does, as I'm sure you'll know if you've spent five minutes scrolling around a photo on some boards until the mods resize it.

Sure, it has its drawbacks, but I reckon it's the lesser of two evils. And you've only got to click on it to make it bigger.

So what does everyone else think then? :rolleyes:

MONKEYWATCH - The Truth Is In There

Personally, I feel that anything larger than say 800 x 600 should be scaled down.

Everything else should be left alone.

Agreed!

Is it possible to set the board software :Doctor: to scaled down only those images that are larger than 800x600?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How do i resize my photos to maintain picture quality for your veiwing pleasure?Appologies for my previous post AS to pic size/quality. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Try this new website! :Disease1:

Picnik

Easiest way to edit your pictures from anywhere, including resizing!

Nothing to install, reachable from any computer!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 month later...

I find 1024x768 to be the optimum size for me as it takes up the width of the screen without resizing itself. Anything smaller and it loses impact.

Be scene and not herd.