IGNORED

Grande Millenium

Norad

Haven't seen a real review off this hotel on the site yet so thought I'll add one.

I stayed in the Grande Milllenium (Website) for the first time in January and am returning there in June.

The hotel is a stylish 5 star hotel located on Asoke road a few minutes walking from Soi Cowboy, skytrain to Nana is nearby also.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, my plane landed in Bangkok at 6am in the morning so was already at the hotel long before the usual check-in time of 14:00pm. This wasn't a problem at all however and I was able to check-in to my room after about 15 minutes.

In general the hotel was very clean and good. Bedroom was great as was the bathroom. Had breakfast once in the hotel which was perfect, a nice buffet as usual in this type of hotels. Don't remember the price though.

They have a big and well equiped gym, didn't use the pool since I was only there for 2 nights but from what I have seen the pool was nice enough aswell (might be able to comment more on it after my trip in June).

I payed €197,66 in January for 2 nights (about 4000 baht a night) in a deluxe room, for June I'll be paying €412,50 for 5 nights (about 3500 baht a night) in a deluxe room.

And almost forgot, the hotel is girlfriend friendly of course (didn't take IDs when I was there).

Some pictures:

Bathroom:

P1020495.JPG

Liked the glass wall between bath- and bedroom, always nice to keep an eye on the girls:

P1020496.JPG

Bedroom:

P1020497.JPG

P1020498.JPG

P1020499.JPG

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!

Thanks for the review.

I stayed there once when using airmiles. The location is second to none and although from the look of your photos I had a more basic room than yours, I thought that it was good.

On the downside I did not find it very girl friendly. I am going back a few years now but the girl had to give her id in and basically we got scowls from all the staff that we standing around the reception and lift area. There was a big conference going on at the time and maybe they did not want P4P guests as basically made us feel as uncomfortable as possible!

I agree that the gym was good but the pool is not big enough for the size of the hotel.

Did you see any high class freelancers in any of the bars? I read somewhere else that they hang out in one of the bars at the hotel.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Hmm, didn't experience the same. Had no problem what so ever to get the girl inside. Then again I was only there for 2 nights so maybe I was just lucky? Will let you know after my next trip. They also have an entrance on soi 23 as opposed to Asoke road. When you enter from that side you don't pass the reception, used that entrance 1 evening, might have something to do with it.

Didn't notice any high class freelancers when I was there, went out out to Nana and soi Cowboy and only returned pretty late with a girl so didn't check for anything else at that point anymore.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!

Its a great hotel, it is sometimes available on WOTIF as the mystery 5*, thats the only time i can enjoy it

Its a great hotel, it is sometimes available on WOTIF as the mystery 5*, thats the only time i can enjoy it

Agree 100% w/Split. Only stayed here when it's on deal. It's frequently between 2500 & 2800 as the ??? hotel on WOTIF. Pool is way too small as it's a lap pool, but I've not found it crowded at all. No problem with girl-friendliness ever. Lead, I may be wrong, but I think you're too sensitive in this regard. Maybe you need to drink more. Works for me. I suppose I'm usually oblivious to sneers and innuendo by the time I get back to the rack and I understand a decent amount of Thai. wj

I join their lunch buffet quite frequently , mainly to meet with business from the Asoke area.

It’s a bit on the pricy side, but it offers a great variety of dishes.

From time to time they offer “pay 1 get 1 free” if you pay with K-Bank credit card, then it becomes a great deal.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks a great room & near to Cowboy for fun & games.

Thanks for the pics & info.

:001_Thank_You5:

• 5 weeks later...

Haven't seen a real review off this hotel on the site yet so thought I'll add one.

I stayed in the Grande Milllenium (Website) for the first time in January and am returning there in June.

The hotel is a stylish 5 star hotel located on Asoke road a few minutes walking from Soi Cowboy, skytrain to Nana is nearby also.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, my plane landed in Bangkok at 6am in the morning so was already at the hotel long before the usual check-in time of 14:00pm. This wasn't a problem at all however and I was able to check-in to my room after about 15 minutes.

In general the hotel was very clean and good. Bedroom was great as was the bathroom. Had breakfast once in the hotel which was perfect, a nice buffet as usual in this type of hotels. Don't remember the price though.

They have a big and well equiped gym, didn't use the pool since I was only there for 2 nights but from what I have seen the pool was nice enough aswell (might be able to comment more on it after my trip in June).

I payed €197,66 in January for 2 nights (about 4000 baht a night) in a deluxe room, for June I'll be paying €412,50 for 5 nights (about 3500 baht a night) in a deluxe room.

And almost forgot, the hotel is girlfriend friendly of course (didn't take IDs when I was there).

Some pictures:

Bathroom:

post-53350-0-46838500-1303209611.jpg

Liked the glass wall between bath- and bedroom, always nice to keep an eye on the girls:

post-53350-0-13545000-1303209614.jpg

Bedroom:

post-53350-0-97850200-1303209615.jpg

post-53350-0-85098700-1303209617.jpg

post-53350-0-41113400-1303209620.jpg

Very nice but at £80 or 4,000 baht its not cheap.

Very nice but at £80 or 4,000 baht its not cheap.

I stayed there for 5 nights in July, and will never stay elsewhere again when alone in Bangkok. Executive Club room, 25th floor. Freakin loved everything about it. And so did the girls I brought.

I stayed there las September for 4 days.the hotel is nice but I will never go back there again.every time I would take a girl up to my room the receptionist would give me dirty looks.I felt very uncomfortable

I stayed there las September for 4 days.the hotel is nice but I will never go back there again.every time I would take a girl up to my room the receptionist would give me dirty looks.I felt very uncomfortable

The exact opposite of my experience. I got smiles, nods, and winks.

I stayed there for 5 nights in July, and will never stay elsewhere again when alone in Bangkok. Executive Club room, 25th floor. Freakin loved everything about it. And so did the girls I brought.

Sounds good mate any pics to share of the girls or the room ?????

:001_Sawasdee:

Thanks for the review Norad, I've just booked three nights at the Millennium from Sept 8 to finish my trip.

Not sure if it was an Agoda thing or not but my final price was more than 4000 baht a night for a Grande Deluxe room. More like 4600 baht a night really.

Still, I don't mind paying if it is a good hotel, and the location does appear to be ideal, so will report back after my trip.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Thanks for the review Norad, I've just booked three nights at the Millennium from Sept 8 to finish my trip.

Not sure if it was an Agoda thing or not but my final price was more than 4000 baht a night for a Grande Deluxe room. More like 4600 baht a night really.

Still, I don't mind paying if it is a good hotel, and the location does appear to be ideal, so will report back after my trip.

Cheers,

toomuch

I've been in the Deluxe and Grande Deluxe and didn't notice much (if any) difference. IIWY, I'd cancel, go to WOTIF and book the 3000B 'Mystery Hotel' Sukhumvit and spend the 4400B savings on a 'Thai Sandwich'. Includes breakfast. LINK: http://www.wotif.com/?country=TH wj