Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Kitesurfing

mnmn

If anyone has any good experience with kitesurfing here in Thailand?

would appreciate any advices on what is the best spot/ when is the best time to go, or any good recommendation on the schools or instructors!

Thanks in advance;-)

• 3 years later...

Anyone know about Kitesurfing in Pattaya? I have never tried, but would love to try and take a course. I see there are a couple of schools/clubs like Blue Lagoon, Club Loong Chat, Choke D and Amara Watersports. Which do you recommend? Do I get a IKA certificate or something after finishing the beginner course?

I see some guys doing it in Jomtien, near Soi 7.

Yes, all of the clubs/schools I mentioned in post #4 are in Jomtien or Pattaya. But seems no one on this board has any more experience in it than having seen some guys doing it.

I've rented windsurfers in Jomtien down on the beach from amara sports.  There is a kitesurfing shop next door I think it is this one:

www.bluelagoonpattaya.com/index.html

There are some regulars down there. But the beach out Jomtien way has always been pretty empty.  As I recall there was a bit of surf to contend with, but it is  reasonably shallow for quite a distance..  At least you won't have to worry about being run over by a jet skier out there.  As for the wind, that is season dependent best to contact the shop and get there honest opinion as to what you're in for depending on when you plan to visit.

Archived