IGNORED

Uninstall Problem

Jumbo

I installed a free trial version of Spyware Striker and now I cannot get rid of it via Add/Remove in the Control Panel.

Help please someone........Aaaaarg!

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

See if you have a restore point you can go to in 'system restore'. I think by default a point should be created prior to any installation of programs.

The restore option would be good but going on a quick search it appears that this program is adware so that may not work. Do a search for 'uninstall Spyware Striker' and you will get some instructions on how to remove it. Below is the instructions from out of the results of the search. Backup your registry before editing it.

This adware pretends to be a spyware removal tool, while in reality it fakes a spyware scan and tries to lure computer owner into buying it, to remove fake spyware entries it "finds". This software is a successor of the infamous fake anti-spyware tool SpyAxe. Keeping this adware on your computer is unsafe, because it continuously updates itself by downloading additional components that may expose the security of your computer even further.

This Adware is also known as:

SpywareStrike

Spyware Striker

>> Delete Spyware Strike automatically - Download Spyware Doctor

Below listed processes registry entries files directories are part of this spyware. To manually get rid of it, follow these instructions (at your own risk).

Spyware Strike Removal Instructions

Kill the following processes

spywarestrike.exe

Delete these registry entries

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpywareStrike

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\SpywareStrike.exe

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{66F0AC1C-DED5-4965-9E31-39788DF1B264}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{849E056A-D67A-431E-9370-2275F26D39B5}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{8B7AFBFD-631C-45BA-9145-F059EB58DD73}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{AFEB8519-0B8B-4023-8C15-FFB17D5225F9}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{BA9CC151-4581-438E-94AF-4C703201B7CA}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{BC74C336-FF2C-40C9-AD4E-3772C208406B}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{BDF00F24-A571-4392-95EC-04FDFF82A82C}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{C4E953E6-770E-4F59-A5E3-43E9F0D682E2}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{E0105E7C-D0C4-4DEA-AA21-B02F2960ECAF}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{ED39CB7C-1BF6-429B-A275-F183B4A3EFCB}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{F23AA637-31D5-4526-B5C6-9FF89E16202C}

Remove the following files

spywarestrike 2.5.lnk in Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\quick launch\

spywarestrike.lnk in Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\

spywarestrike 2.5.lnk in Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\

spywarestrike 2.5 website.lnk , spywarestrike 2.5.lnk , uninstall spywarestrike 2.5.lnk in Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\programs\spywarestrike\

signatures.ref , spywarestrike.exe , spywarestrike.url , uninst.exe in Program Files\spywarestrike\

english.ini in Program Files\spywarestrike\lang\

Remove the following directories

Program Files\spywarestrike\lang\

Program Files\spywarestrike\quarantine\

Program Files\spywarestrike\

Bookmark Spyware Strike page

Visitor Comments on Spyware Strike

2006-03-01 14:45:56, Guest:

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2392951678-2298053690-3526276507-1008\Dc44.exe is part of Spyaxe.

C:\Documents and Settings\maman\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ERI3UXI3\spyaxe_setup[1].exe is part of Spyaxe.

C:\Documents and Settings\maman\Local Settings\Temp\sa28.exe is part of Spyaxe.

C:\Documents and Settings\maman\Local Settings\Temp\sa443.exe is part of Spyaxe.

C:\Documents and Settings\maman\Local Settings\Temp\sa47C.exe is part of Spyaxe.

C:\Documents and Settings\maman\Local Settings\Temp\saB.exe is part of Spyaxe.

2009-07-08 16:43:10, Guest:

Spyware Strike will not uninstall how do i remove this virus.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have encountered Spyware Striker before on clients’ computers, the best way to remove it is manually but if you are not sure about deleting lines from the registry, etc I would not recommend trying it.

You could try to install and run either Malwarebytes Antimalware

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Or SUPER AntiSpyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Both have free versions and both can be uninstalled easily after use.

If you want a step-by-step guide of how to manually remove it let me know?

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Many thanks guys but I persvered and eventually it went via Add/Remove in the Control Panel. Wouldnt before.

Now I have Threatfire installed and that will not go. It fights any other anti Virus Programme you try to install. Makes the PC unstable.......

Henry Ford.

Many thanks guys but I persvered and eventually it went via Add/Remove in the Control Panel. Wouldnt before.

Now I have Threatfire installed and that will not go. It fights any other anti Virus Programme you try to install. Makes the PC unstable.......

Have you got recovery discs/recovery partition?

Might be the only option if you have tried everything else.

It has its own uninstall utility, which can be downloaded here http://www.pctools.com/threatfire/answers/id/760/

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

I normally find that CCleaner is one of the best things around for uninstalling unwanted programs.

Love you helpful gents........I couldnt begin to manually uninstall. Not clever enough. Will try the other sugestions asap.

I have Glary Utilities installed and when I do a scan it tells me that I have 27 Issues in the Registry! It can repair them it says. But they come back every time I reboot and scan again.

The 'Issues' are all various versions of the same thing 'The uninstall file zxzxzxzxzx is missing' . Each issue has a different number!

What do you think I should do Boys?

PS. I have 'restored' to a couple of days ago and the Spy Striker button has disappeared from my desk top. Does that mean SS has actually gone pray?

Edited by Jumbo

Henry Ford.

IMHO I would download CCleaner and AVG antivirus for the free month. I would say they're the best you could use without spending $. I've used no end of different programs over the year and yet to find anything as simple of reliable.

Love you helpful gents........I couldnt begin to manually uninstall. Not clever enough. Will try the other sugestions asap.

I have Glary Utilities installed and when I do a scan it tells me that I have 27 Issues in the Registry! It can repair them it says. But they come back every time I reboot and scan again.

The 'Issues' are all various versions of the same thing 'The uninstall file zxzxzxzxzx is missing' . Each issue has a different number!

What do you think I should do Boys?

PS. I have 'restored' to a couple of days ago and the Spy Striker button has disappeared from my desk top. Does that mean SS has actually gone pray?

CCleaner is good at cleaning the registry too.

• 3 months later...

install "advanced systemcare". run it.

I hope you see the important lesson here "DO NOT INSTALL FREE TRIAL PROGRAMS" as they will generate these incredibly wonderful success rates when run (these results are just BS) and then try to embed themselves in your system when it comes to the unistall time.

Two of the BEST programs (both free) are listed by Vortex and should be installed and run if you can. You may have to DL them on another PC, put onto a USB Stick and then install and run on the infected PC while in "Safe Mode" and off the net.