Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

View Talay 6 Swimming Pool

cutter

Hi, I'm thinking of staying in View Talay 6 for a month in August. It has a huge pool, but every picture I see of the place, including when I stopped by last month, the pool was completely empty with concrete benches for seating.

My question is for people that have stayed there. How is the pool? Did you use it? Was there anybody ever around relaxing in the pool to bullshit with in the afternoons?

I figure that if I don't use the pool, I might as well look for a cheaper place without a pool as a studio is 30,000k per month.

thanks

Not too many out there, mostly residents, nothing wrong with the pool itself but there are no lounge chairs so that kind of sucks. It's definitely not a place where people are hanging out. But view 6 is the best location in town for me so the pool is not a big issue.

You will find some of the residents doing laps early in the morning but it is pretty deserted after that. I snuck down late a couple of times with TG's and had a swim. The closing time for it sucked. I always wanted to take a girl to the pool at 3:00am but didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

You can have food or drinks delivered from the little restaurant but if you want to get comfortable go buy a beach lounger.

I think the VT6 pool is great - doing a few laps is the easiest way for me to begin my hangover recovery, and it was generally fairly quiet.

Lounge chairs can be rented, which is a slight hassle, but not something that overly concerned me. Must admit I never spoke to another person when I was at the pool, but again that suited me. I went down, swam a few laps (lap length only about 20 metres) and wandered off again.

I've just re-booked for late August, so if you do decide to stay, let me know and we can grab a beer.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Thanks for the responses guys. I've decided to book for mid Aug to Mid Sept on the Walking Street side.

Toomuch, I'll shoot you an email once I've confirmed my booking.

:GoldenSmile1: I have stayed there before and to will be ther the whole month of August, You are right thee is no place to lay out unless you buy or rent a Lounge Chair. I always go down just for a few laps to cool off but this time I mayy invest in a lounge chair. See you all in August, anyone for golf??? let me know..

:GoldenSmile1: I have stayed there before and to will be ther the whole month of August, You are right thee is no place to lay out unless you buy or rent a Lounge Chair. I always go down just for a few laps to cool off but this time I mayy invest in a lounge chair. See you all in August, anyone for golf??? let me know..

Hey Dr. Cop, I'll be there for a month arriving August 12 and planning on doing some golfing so we will have to get in touch when we arrive.

have stayed in vt6 twice in last 2 years the pool is very underused mainly due to not having seating other than the concrete plynths

Stayed in VT2 and had a big pool.

But which VT or other place has the biggest pool ?

I like to swim 5 times a week, only a bit concerned about the maintenance and hygiene of the

poolwater quality.

Last time i paid 15000bth in vt2, but i'm sure i there are bigger rooms for the same price.

cheers,

I figure that if I don't use the pool, I might as well look for a cheaper place without a pool as a studio is 30,000k per month.

30,000 a month then you have to rent a chair to sit next to the pool? :Crazy1::NoNo3:

you can get a decent hotel for the same money if you booked a whole month

view from View Talay 6 condo on north side

vt6andcentral.JPG

pool doesn't look very inviting but looks like they have free concrete benches on the side

145b3.jpg

Edited by soi

DC I will be there July 15-Aug 13

I usually play golf out of a bar on soi 7, close by and easygoing guys to play with. PM me if you want to play a rd or two.

A new condo well almost and you don't have lounge chairs around the pool. What a joke.

That's like having a shower but having to pay for hot water. :Grin_Jump1:

• 9 months later...

stayed last year in vt6 my opinion of the pool is at present it sucks yes you can order food but no tables only the concrete plynths what it could do with is a bar/resturant at building end of pool to work simular to vt2.

stayed last year in vt6 my opinion of the pool is at present it sucks yes you can order food but no tables only the concrete plynths what it could do with is a bar/resturant at building end of pool to work simular to vt2.

Agreed. I stayed at VT6 for a month in August and didn't use the pool once. There is no atmosphere around the pool. I actually took a girl to Mikes Mall and Jomtien instead to use the pools.

Soviet style pool. certainly much better ambience pools around. Not that I am ever in a pool much.

• 1 month later...

Update on lounge chairs.Available now for free.Open from 8AM to 10 PMCIMG0674.JPG

Hello endi1, Who's lounge chairs are they ? I assume they are paid for and maintained from the condo maintainence fees that are paid every year. That's great though, they were needed. The next step would be to get a gym for exercise. Beachroadlover

Hi Beachroadlover,the lounge chairs are paid by the owners fund.That is correct and I agree with you that we need a gym.It's been mentioned at the owners meetings for the last 2 years.

Hi endi1, Thanks for the reply. I'm curious as to why, it being discussed and there is no result. Is it the money issue? There is that buiding at the front of the condo 2nd road side that was not being used. I haven't been there for 4yrs so i don't know the current situation. I will be back in pattaya this June. I own three condos in VT6 and will be moving into one. I guess we will be neighbors. I have wanted a gym in the building since it was built, maybe we can work on the problem. Beachroadlover

:hello09: Most of the building at the front of the condo is occupied by some financial group.There is about 80 sq.m.left.It was discussed at the meeting,but the decision has to be made by the group that manages the building.

Thanks for the info endi1. Beachroadlover

View from my floor

IMG_1203.JPG

Retired