IGNORED

Bacon Explosion at Bob's

My partners, Mary and Todd were here last month and they were telling me about a recipe called a Bacon Explosion their daughter Sam had found on the internet. It sounded interesting so I Googled it. I then mentioned it to Dale at Bob's BBQ and he researched it. A few days later he made it for us to try. Four of us devoured it in about 15 minutes. It's basically bacon and Italian sausage rolled into a loaf and slow smoked with spices and BBQ sauce. I think it's pretty damn good myself.

We liked it so much Dale has put it on as a special for a limited time. I had it again last week as a dinner and it was even better. He's offering two 1 inch slices of the Explosion and any 2 sides for 250 Baht. You can also order a half or a whole to take home and reheat for later. Check it out.

bacon exp.jpg

probe

Looks delicious, as do the other pictures on his website, unfortunately they don't always turn out what they look like

You might do Dale a favor by directing him to a thread on T.V. which is not entirely complementary.

Pm me if you want the link

Looks delicious, as do the other pictures on his website, unfortunately they don't always turn out what they look like

I once worked in a photography studio and it's a photographer's job to make his subject look as good as he possibly can. I can personally verify that photo. It was taken in 3Som right before that item disappeared down our throats.

probe

• 2 weeks later...

o lord i am all over that.... mmmmm baconnnnn...drooolllllll

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

My partners, Mary and Todd were here last month and they were telling me about a recipe called a Bacon Explosion their daughter Sam had found on the internet. It sounded interesting so I Googled it. I then mentioned it to Dale at Bob's BBQ and he researched it. A few days later he made it for us to try. Four of us devoured it in about 15 minutes. It's basically bacon and Italian sausage rolled into a loaf and slow smoked with spices and BBQ sauce. I think it's pretty damn good myself.

We liked it so much Dale has put it on as a special for a limited time. I had it again last week as a dinner and it was even better. He's offering two 1 inch slices of the Explosion and any 2 sides for 250 Baht. You can also order a half or a whole to take home and reheat for later. Check it out.

bacon exp.jpg

Bob's BBQ

Please tell me where is the location of

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Bobs is 50 meters into Soi LK Metro when you take the left on Soi Diana.

:001_Thank_You5:for advice.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

bacon exp.jpg

I love Bobs and Dale is the man,But that scares me!

Just ordered one, Wife is on the way to pick it up right now.... Should be eating good in about 15 minutes!

It was very nice.... Very tasty, just a touch on the spicy side, but worth it. The whole loaf was 1050 baht. They gave it to us cold in a vacumned sealed bag, I was a bit taken back by that, because I had to heat it up myself. But was very tasty!.

It was very nice.... Very tasty, just a touch on the spicy side, but worth it. The whole loaf was 1050 baht. They gave it to us cold in a vacumned sealed bag, I was a bit taken back by that, because I had to heat it up myself. But was very tasty!.

@BJS- I think there are 2 choices, 1 with mild Italian sausage and 1 with spicy. Not sure all the staff have the hang of this idea yet. But...too spicy for you? A coonass? Damn. My taste budsmust be dying.

I don't know if you have any Boston Markets in Cajun country. They have a meal deal there. You can buy a whole meat loaf (or other entree) plus 2 or 3 sides for a set price. I used to get one of those and split it 3 ways for 3 dinners. I'm talking to Dale about doing the same with these. Songkran has set it back a bit.

They're in a vacuum sealed bag to keep them fresh after they're smoked. Unless you eat the whole thing at one sitting it's better to just heat what you're going to eat at that time.

Being so close to Bob's I just order the meal. With 2 sides it's 250. My favorite combo is the explosion with potato salad and baked beans.

@WS- Sorry. Just trying to share something tasty with everyone.

probe

I love Bobs and Dale is the man,But that scares me!

don't be sceeered u gotta try it lol thanks for the good word skeeter much appreciated

@BJS- I think there are 2 choices, 1 with mild Italian sausage and 1 with spicy. Not sure all the staff have the hang of this idea yet. But...too spicy for you? A coonass? Damn. My taste budsmust be dying.

I don't know if you have any Boston Markets in Cajun country. They have a meal deal there. You can buy a whole meat loaf (or other entree) plus 2 or 3 sides for a set price. I used to get one of those and split it 3 ways for 3 dinners. I'm talking to Dale about doing the same with these. Songkran has set it back a bit.

They're in a vacuum sealed bag to keep them fresh after they're smoked. Unless you eat the whole thing at one sitting it's better to just heat what you're going to eat at that time.

Being so close to Bob's I just order the meal. With 2 sides it's 250. My favorite combo is the explosion with potato salad and baked beans.

@WS- Sorry. Just trying to share something tasty with everyone.

and if i can reiterate we vacuum seal them to keep as fresh as possible for your dining enjoyment and yes you are going to have to reheat it in the microwave for about 2and a half minutes for 2 --1 inch slices sorry about that minor setback for you ...we are constanly adapting to customer preference as we move along with new products ...so please bear with us we are young and still learning how to market and promote quite possibly some of the best food you can eat on either side of the world

and if i can reiterate we vacuum seal them to keep as fresh as possible for your dining enjoyment and yes you are going to have to reheat it in the microwave for about 2and a half minutes for 2 --1 inch slices sorry about that minor setback for you ...we are constanly adapting to customer preference as we move along with new products ...so please bear with us we are young and still learning how to market and promote quite possibly some of the best food you can eat on either side of the world

and if i can add if you can convey to the staff that you would like it presliced and heated just let them know if you can and we will do .not a problem we are flexible

I tried the bacon explosion immediately after reading this thread. It was quite nice. The sides were tasty as well. Also, my server was a very personable and sweet lady.

Probe had subsequently mentioned there is a mild and spicy option, which I wasn't aware of. Next time, I would request the mild entree. As BJS had said, the spice was a bit overwhelming for me. It wasn't a hot spicy, as in my mouth was burning. It was that it was heavily-seasoned.

bacon x.jpg

• 2 months later...

post-3609-0-19068000-1302339940.jpg

hummmmm...hummmmmmmm :Grin_Jump1: