IGNORED

Thai visas

acidman

I am married to a Thai lady for two years now and living in NZ.She has been offered job back in Thailand for very good money.We are thinking of moving to

Thailand and she can work and i can look after our child and maybe have little small business keep me out of trouble.What kind of visa can i get and what i have to do to stay there long term.My wife seem think i can stay there long term and just keep renew some kind of visa for small amount of cash.

Does anyone can give me some information it will be great.

Thanks

If you are under 50 get a non-immigrant type-O visa based on your marriage. If you are 50 or over get the retirement visa (non-immigrant type-AO). The first one may be best if you have no income and do not wish to transfer a large amount of money to Thaialnd to get an extension. However, you will need to do boarder runs every 30 days. You will not need to do boarder runs with that retirement visa. If I was you I would discuss it with your nearest Thai embassy/consulate as they will tell you what they will issue you. You shouldn't have any problems getting a visa allowing you to stay long term but none of them will allow you to work.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks scumbag,my wife will have good income to support three of us and i can be stay home dad no worries.We were thinking maybe have small business

with her sister so this could top up our income.I think it is OK in Thai law have business with Thai partners and getting income from that.Sound like i can get long stay that would be great.After few years living there can i get visa with out doing 30 day visa runs?

Thanks scumbag,my wife will have good income to support three of us and i can be stay home dad no worries.We were thinking maybe have small business

with her sister so this could top up our income.I think it is OK in Thai law have business with Thai partners and getting income from that.Sound like i can get long stay that would be great.After few years living there can i get visa with out doing 30 day visa runs?

If you are under 50 you will need to do visa runs every 90 days. I don't think there is any way around it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Does anyone here have non-immigrant type-O under marriage visa,you have to show you have 400 000 baht in bank.They say if you do it in home country it is more easy to get and when in Thailand you just keep going to government office to extend it every 90days but they say you can get one year extensions.I am 37 now my wife will eventually want move to Thailand.

Does anyone here have non-immigrant type-O under marriage visa,you have to show you have 400 000 baht in bank.They say if you do it in home country it is more easy to get and when in Thailand you just keep going to government office to extend it every 90days but they say you can get one year extensions.I am 37 now my wife will eventually want move to Thailand.

Yes, I do... :GoldenSmile1: Where I got mine it was very easy (Perth, Australia although it is closed now) but other offices are not quite as easy. In Perth I never had to show any evidence of funds or income. I can not remember anyone posting that they needed to at any other place either.

You need to get the initial visa before you travel to Thailand. They are not issued if you are already in Thailand or in any of the surrounding countries. You then have a year to think about the funds requirements when you are ready to get an extension of the visa.