IGNORED

The New Hilton Hotel

Temujin

I have been watching construction of the Hilton for a few years now from my Dancewatcher condos in View Talay 6.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/hilton_hotel_pattaya.html

Hilton 2009.jpg

Nilton 2010.jpg

I had a lot of free time last trip so I decided to go next door and see if I could get a look at the rooms.

They had not had their grand opening at the time I walked through.

I finally found out that the sheltered section on the roof is going to be a restaurant.

DSC02436.jpg

The first step was to find the entrance.

I wandered through Central and found the store side entrance on the 4th floor, Beach Road side.

DSC02853.jpg

The actual entrance is on the VT6 side of the shopping centre in the parking lot access corridor along the side of Central.

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

Reception is on the 6th floor and the staff stand all day waiting to greet you.

DSC02865.jpg

I squatted a little to get a laugh out of the girls... 'Same same' I said. :)

DSC02866.jpg

The foyer leading to the pool on the right of the elevators.

DSC02863.jpg

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

I asked at reception if I could take a look at the rooms and a tiny little lady took me up to look around.

The Standard Room.

Before you ask, they do have rooms with double beds.

This just happened to be the one she took me too.

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

Every rooms balcony faces 45deg to the water.

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02874.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

Executive Room

DSC02881.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02886.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

DSC02890.jpg

DSC02891.jpg

DSC02894.jpg

Suite

DSC02896.jpg

DSC02897.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

The Jacuzzi on the balcony looks like fun. :)

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02906.jpg

DSC02915.jpg

NOW... before you ask, they do charge a Joiner fee of 1000 Baht. I asked... :)

I also have no idea of the prices of the rooms as the Hilton websites typically suck and I couldn't get it to accept a date to check.

Up to you. :D

But a friend of mine who works in the hotel industry in Pattaya said that this would possibly be negotiable.

Time will tell I guess...

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thaihot

• Benny10

• Dick Farang

• Pokerstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also had a look here, with the plan to stay 10 days a bit later on the year, but it is hard to justify the prices. Breakfast has to be included on the executive rooms, which you want due to jacuzzi on the balcony, extra stuff etc, but is a 900 baht no option inclusion. 900 baht for breakfast? In Pattaya?

Joiner fee only charged on extra (beyond you and one girl) guests, just make sure you book in as two.

Room rates start around 6000 baht per night, but a decent room will be more like 8000. Best room is a whopping 30,000 per night, and not that big. The rooms are nice, as the pics show, but I had a one bedroom at August Suites last trip, and at a comparatively modest 4000 a night, left the Hilton in the shade.

For me, I think I'll just get one of the big, front, Walking St side rooms at VT6, have the view and save the cash.

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Great review !

UN4GIVN member did a trip report with a review on the Hilton hotel. He didn't pay any joiner fee... more details in his report here

Edited by jojomecanic

Thanks for showing us your fantastic pics. :GoldenSmile1:

Looks top notch & cool.

:001_Thank_You5:

Nice review mate

great set of pics

Thanks for sharing

thanks for posting :001_Thank_You5:

looks amazing..

I'm sure you could register a second guest if you had a "special" girl you wanted to spend a few days with :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Thanks for letting us see inside - I have to say - I think the hotel looks awful from the outside - Ugly - And as for the rooms - No money in the World would make me stay there - Ugly outside and Inside - I've stayed at the Oriental so I'm not a Cheap Charlie - This Place sucks - Not my Style ( Waste of Money ) Looks like a BIG JOKE.

The (relatively new) Pattaya Hilton is literally built on top of the Central Festival Beach Road shopping mall.

The entrance to this Hilton is in a small soi without a number, parallel to Soi 9.

There are much better laid out hotels (with tropical gardens) on Beach Road.

Thanks for letting us see inside - I have to say - I think the hotel looks awful from the outside - Ugly - And as for the rooms - No money in the World would make me stay there - Ugly outside and Inside - I've stayed at the Oriental so I'm not a Cheap Charlie - This Place sucks - Not my Style ( Waste of Money ) Looks like a BIG JOKE.

I agree with cartoonman that the Pattaya Hilton is ugly and so is the Central Festival Beach Road shopping mall, but nobody expects a shopping arcade to be a masterpiece.

`how much would you need to pay if you wanted to use the pool facilities? wouldn't mind kicking back there in an afternoon. read a book and have a swim.

a shame about the rooms rates, but well... you know the Hilton woldwide group, despite it's Thailand they can't reduce the rates and i'm sure they already reduced them.

it's a shame because i visited also myself this hotel, the view is amazing and the rooftop pool is one of the best in town.

read in the past in other thread that you can skip the lobby from an other elevator, so easy to bring a lady.

thx temujin for this pics report.

Wow! The room look very nice & i love the Jacuzzi out on the balcony...what'a trip! The prices are probably a little to rich for my blood.

The pool is off the chart! What'a view!

Thxs for sharing :Grin3:

I do not agree with you.

If I had big money I would stay there.

No joke it looks amazing & bang in the middle of Pattaya.

It is to much money for me as I have to spend mine on girls & all that holiday stuff. :GoldenSmile1:

I am not a cheap Charlie & I have not stayed at the oriental.

IMO Thailand is not cheap no more & a good time bloody costs way more than it used to.

No money in the world would make you stay there Cartoonman ?????? Fuck me thats strange I would love to stay there & no fucker would have to pay me a penny. LOL. :GoldenSmile1:

If low season gives big discount prices I would have a week there some time I hope at best.

Oriental is a classic deluxe style, i would say old style, Hilton is modern deluxe and deluxe plus room at Hilton are certainly on the top room in the world with 48 SQM and bathtub on the balcony, on other hotel it would be an executive room or suite.

I had a bunch of Hilton points so booked a double for 8 days in June, (hopefully not paying a joiner fee), I figure for free (or minimal cost) worth checking out . . . will let you know

Thanks for the photos and report Temujin. I think the hotel looks awesome, in particular the foyer and pool area. The suites aren't too shabby either.

As far as price goes, it is probably what you would expect. If you took your wife or girlfriend there for a week and were not trawling the streets of Pattaya looking and paying for barfines, the cost is probably not over the top. It is also a great location.

I always felt sorry for the people on the northern side of the view talay next door. they had great views to Naklua and now they loook at a very ugly building all day. When view talay was going up I had a look in the sales office and asked about the vacant land on both sides. I was told it was going to be parkland for the condos, nothing about a huge shopping centre and hotel complex !!

I stayed at Sawasdee Seaview in Soi 10 in March. This is a shabby, real el-cheapo hotel. I was on level 4 and had line of sight of the Hilton. The Hilton gives their guests 15 minute free wi-fi sessions (per hour I guess). The Hilton's free wi-fi was strong enough that I was able to use it from my room in Seaview for the entire month. Thanks, Mr Hilton. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by RCR

Thanks for the fantastic report mate.

I think overall the new Hilton is an excellent addition to Pattaya and helps together with the growing number of high end hotels to improve the city’s filthy mage.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I always felt sorry for the people on the northern side of the view talay next door. they had great views to Naklua and now they loook at a very ugly building all day. When view talay was going up I had a look in the sales office and asked about the vacant land on both sides. I was told it was going to be parkland for the condos, nothing about a huge shopping centre and hotel complex !!

One reason more to never buy in Thailand, but to rent.

Something similar happens every day in condos and estates, where after a while the swimming pool is neglected and the security people are not paid.

Time to move (if you rent).

Thx for the nice pics Themujin.

I would love to spend some time in this hotel.

I like Hilton brand and I like Central Festival too. So that would be my first choice if I could afford.

Unfortunately the rates are well above my very modest budget. I could try one or two nights in the standard rooms but that will be all I could afford.

I found the standard rooms a bit small for the price, though.

I have stayed at the Hilton twice. once in January and again in February. It is a great hotel. I had my Thai GF with me and they never even questioned a fee but I did check in with her.

The first time i was there they treated us like royalty and it was fantastic. Second time we stayed it was a thai holiday. There were a lot of thais staying there. They were bit less attentive toward my GF in particular. It was good but not like the first time.

The rooms and service are fantastic. The breakfast buffet out on the terrace is outstanding. My first choice in hotels with a GF.

One reason more to never buy in Thailand, but to rent.

Something similar happens every day in condos and estates, where after a while the swimming pool is neglected and the security people are not paid.

Time to move (if you rent).

I share the same thoughts.

About 10 year ago a friend of mine bought a condo in Patong, Phuket.

In the following years the joint operating company accumulated 29 million baht in depts, which dropped the value of his condo significantly. At the moment he sees no way to sell it at a decent price.

Sometimes it’s wiser to rent than own, which might also apply to some TGs.

Edited by Benny10

I share the same thoughts.

About 10 year ago a friend of mine bought a condo in Patong, Phuket.

In the following years the joint operating company accumulated 29 million baht in depts, which dropped the value of his condo significantly. At the moment he sees no way to sell it at a decent price.

Sometimes it’s wiser to rent than own, which might also apply to some TGs.

There is still another consideration: in new condos units are sold to farangs until the 49 % quota is reached; thereafter units are sold to (rich) Thais at dumping prices and many of those (rich) Thais only buy to rent out at dumping prices too.

There is still another consideration: in new condos units are sold to farangs until the 49 % quota is reached; thereafter units are sold to (rich) Thais at dumping prices and many of those (rich) Thais only buy to rent out at dumping prices too.

Which promises a great neighborhood. :Hair_Out1: