IGNORED

Thai Passport

belfastmatt

Been with and “sponsoring” the same girl now for quite some time and we have both decided its time she came to spend a few weeks with me here in England.

Before we can even consider the whole visa thing we need to get her a passport. The problem is she is only 18 and as such considered a “minor” in Thailand. (that terms still makes me shudder haha)

My research shows me minors in Thailand need –

1) Birth certificate

2) Marriage certificate of parents

3) Id cards of parents

4) Consent of parents

Assuming we can get the first 3 I am curious as to what constitutes their consent? As she is over 15 they don’t need to go, but how can the Thai authorities be sure a letter isn’t a forgery?

Finally before paying obscenely priced visa experts (some of which frequent this board) should I have a crack at the visa myself? £500 to fill out a form a particular way seems just a bit crazy.

Thanks in advance

Been with and “sponsoring” the same girl now for quite some time and we have both decided its time she came to spend a few weeks with me here in England.

Before we can even consider the whole visa thing we need to get her a passport. The problem is she is only 18 and as such considered a “minor” in Thailand. (that terms still makes me shudder haha)

My research shows me minors in Thailand need –

1) Birth certificate

2) Marriage certificate of parents

3) Id cards of parents

4) Consent of parents

Assuming we can get the first 3 I am curious as to what constitutes their consent? As she is over 15 they don’t need to go, but how can the Thai authorities be sure a letter isn’t a forgery?

Finally before paying obscenely priced visa experts (some of which frequent this board) should I have a crack at the visa myself? £500 to fill out a form a particular way seems just a bit crazy.

Thanks in advance

Get the parents to sign a letter of consent and get the people at the Amphur to certify their signatures. Just have them write "I, Ting Tong, head clerk of Ban Bum Amphur do hereby certify that the signatures of Miss and Mister Bumchai are valid and genuine." in Thai and add a stamp. Shouldn't cost much.

And do your own Visa application. It's not hard if you have a working knowledge of the English language and know how to use Mr. Google. Visa agencies only make sense if you have an IQ of 80 or if you have too much money. Even then, it's 50/50 if they will get it all right.

And remember to rehearse your stories. If you plan to put in some bullshit about how you met or her job, get it right the first time or she may lose her chance at getting a Visa to the UK ever again.

"I'm on the side that's always lost

against the side of heaven.

I'm on the side of snake eyes tossed

against the side of seven."