IGNORED

Tourist visa 2nd time

Ethan-ate

Hi guys ,the Thai GF has been here [the UK ]before on a 6month Tourist visa 2yrs ago ,she's also had 2 US visa's ,last time I gave a letter of invite but her Dad offically sponsored her and we had no probs.

We are thinking of tie-ing the knot soon but wanted 2 live together 1st for the 6month period to test the water,a few questions thou?

I'm not working right now & have no savings hence the 2nd tourist visa rather than a Fiancee ,I assume my circumstance wont affect her getting a tourist Visa?

Also if we decide to go for a Fiancee visa after the 6month period does she have to return to BKK then come back in on a Fiancee and do we have too wait any length of time?

When/if we are married if work doesn't turn up straight away is she eligible for state benefits?

Many thanks!

Edited by Ethan-ate

Hi guys ,the Thai GF has been here before

No mention of where "here" is of course so there is a 200:1 shot of someone guessing where and thus what rules apply.

I am guessing Mauritania and it will be OK.

You need to make it clear that you have no intention to marry her whilst she is on the tourist visa being applied for.

If you are not working and have no savings I assume she is able to finance 100% of her trip? The money has to come from somewhere and she will need to prove where.

She would have to return to BKK but I'm fairly sure another visa could be applied for straight away.

Not quite sure what you mean about the last question... She will not be able to work legally whilst on a tourist visa.

Make sure you emphasise that she has already had one tourist visa and that she complied with the conditions of that visa (assuming she did of course!)

Put yourself in the ECO's shoes, and don't forget that as it will be a tourist visa application she will need a strong reason for return.

Thanks mate ! ,mostly covers everything ,her Dad sponsored her before so shouldn't be a prob as he's on a very good wage for Thai electric.

The work question was for the future if/wehen we do marry if the job situation here is still dire would she qualify for any state benefit as she's married to a national?

Cheers!