IGNORED

city lodge soi 9 0r soi 19

tommyg

looking for advice on hotel for 2 nights in early june around 1200 per night near the best bar areas of bkk.never stayed at bkk before just visited for day.quite like the look of city lodge,but there are 2.1 on soi 9 and 1 on soi 19 which is the best near for bars with live bands (rock music).it will be mon and tues night if that makes a differance.other hotels and area advice would be nice.

Stayed at City Lodge soi 9 back in feb for 2 nights, didnt pay nowhere near for my room as 1200thb, but it was clean and comfortable and smack in the centre of all the action. The staff were friendly and polite . You walk out of hotel straight on to the pavement on Suk rd so no problems getting transport. Not stayed at there other at soi 19 but sounds a bit further away from the action ?. I would recommend soi 9 and will probably stay there again when im in town .

on agoda now for 1104bht,is that a good price.

Rooms are larger and better at Soi 19, worth 200 baht more than Soi 9 IMHO. If you stay at Soi 9, make sure to request a room in the back of the building because noise from Sukhumvit may disturb your sleeping, at least it did for me.

Retired

Rooms are larger and better at Soi 19, worth 200 baht more than Soi 9 IMHO. If you stay at Soi 9, make sure to request a room in the back of the building because noise from Sukhumvit may disturb your sleeping, at least it did for me.

Good point, i forgot about requesting a room in the back of building Suk is a busy old rd.

• 2 months later...

Having styayed at both this year, I prefer 19. It's only further away from the action if you're into Nana, it's much better for Cowboy. Actually, since each is only a 2 minute BTS ride from each other I don't think that's too relevant. The key point is that 19's rooms are that bit more comfortable, and it is just that little bit back from Suk which gives your head a chance to clear.

Looking at your dates, you've done your trip by now, how did you get on?

Edited by Wardrobe

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said if you stay at Soi 9 get a room at the back. It sounds like wacky races at 8.30 in the morning.

The hotel is owned by the Amari chain so you can use the pool at the Amari hotel in soi 5.