Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

5million Bht if you can solve this.......

Jumbo

I have scanned and scanned my PC with Threatfire/PC Mechanic and CCCleaner and every one says no problem.

BUT if I try to download something everything at the top of the screen starts blinking and Firefox pops up 40/50 times at the bottom of the screen!

The download or installation fails?

WHY FOR GAWDS SAKE?

A Pal sent me this virus scanner but the same thing happened - would not install.......

HTTP://www.seledilcontract.it/12332 HTML

Can you help?

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

just restore it to an early date problem solve.........:GoldenSmile1:

suppose you've tried to restore the system to a date where you had no problem?

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

Send me the 5 million baht and I'll send you a new laptop. Problem solved.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Could you please tell us what operating system you are using ? XP Vista 7 ...?

I don't understand what you mean by

... everything at the top of the screen starts blinking ...

are you talking about the desktop or are you talking about a program? If it's a program, what program is it?

BUT if I try to download something...

What do you use to download? a browser or something else ?

Maybe you hate this reply: Get a Mac!

But most off my computerproblems dissapeard when i switched

Try running RootkitRevealer.

Tried to run rootkitrevealer but it wouldnt download.........obviously something is stopping it.

Henry Ford.

Could you please tell us what operating system you are using ? XP Vista 7 ...? XP Pro.

I don't understand what you mean by ........Every thing at the top of the screen blinks like mad and Firefox loads many many times.

are you talking about the desktop or are you talking about a program? If it's a program, what program is it?........Cant download anything

What do you use to download? a browser or something else ? I just click on DOWNLOAD whereever ?

Sorry to be so untechnical......

Henry Ford.

just restore it to an early date problem solve.........:GoldenSmile1:

I could try that but if there is a bug in the system wont it just transfer itself to there?

Henry Ford.

Incidentally the PC runs quite well for an old machine. It just refuses to accept any downloads.......

Henry Ford.

I have scanned and scanned my PC with Threatfire/PC Mechanic and CCCleaner and every one says no problem.

BUT if I try to download something everything at the top of the screen starts blinking and Firefox pops up 40/50 times at the bottom of the screen!

The download or installation fails?

WHY FOR GAWDS SAKE?

A Pal sent me this virus scanner but the same thing happened - would not install.......

HTTP://www.seledilcontract.it/12332 HTML

Can you help?

What OS you on

Error message

What happens if you try downloading in IE. Have you tried reinstalling Firefox?

To be honest, i don't have a clue at this stage

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

What is the last thing you installed/did before it all went wrong?

Could you make a printscreen ?

I would uninstall firefox and reinstall.

Close all opened internet explorer windows, and reopen new one, then go to the top and click on Tools, then Internet Options, then Advanced and click on Restore Advanced Settings button, and then click on Reset button, and then Apply and then Ok.

Finally go to Tools again, General, go to Browsing History section then Delete.. button , Warning: when you click on Delete you will delete all your Temporary Internet files, Cookies, History of list of websites you have visited, Form data, Passwords, Inprivate Filtering data. Then click Ok, and close Internet Explorer and reopen a new one

Tried to run rootkitrevealer but it wouldnt download.........obviously something is stopping it.

Worrying. Can you try in Internet Explorer rather than Firefox?

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Firstly many thanks for your attempts to help me.

Secondly all is now well!

I had scanned with Threatfire,CCCleaner and PC Mechanic and they all failed to find anything.........

I decided to try AVIRA as suggested but of course I couldnt Download 'cos the Trojans were stopping it I guess.

Then I remembered downloading AVIRA a couple of years ago!!!!! So I Installed and updated it without trouble.

I started the scan and went to bed. In the AM I saw that it had found two Trojans and put them in 'The monkey house'.........Sorted!

My PC works much better now thankfully.

Henry Ford.

Incidentally the PC runs quite well for an old machine. It just refuses to accept any downloads.......

Sounds like my mrs :Hair_Out1:

Farang Key Nok , mai mee satang

• 3 weeks later...

AVG anti virus is the best thing I've found for solving crank issues like this. It's great at pulling nasties out of the registry that other programs miss, it runs all the time the computer is switched on too and only takes up all the resources when you're not actively doing something, otherwise it just waits.

AVG antivirus

CCleaner

Spybot search and destroy

Ad aware

I run all 4 of these very regularly and never have any problems.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes you have a security bar which displays on the top of the browser, this normally asks you to accept before you can download the file. This might be why it fails if you dont get past the acceptance stage?

• 3 weeks later...

maybe you don't have any more space on your hard drive?

maybe your physical ram memory needs to be re-inserted? over time, heat loosens them up. time to take out, and reinsert.