IGNORED

Nikon D7000

Noud

After using my old D80 for some years In finally decided to replace it. Ended up getting a D7000.

First impression is that it is an amazing camera. I thought it would be good, but so far it has been better than I expected it to be.

I can recommend this camera if you are considering going the dslr Route.

I had the intention to go out and take a few photos to show the performance, But it will have to wait.

The two things that I reacted to though was how well it acted at high ISO. And after that the colors, they come out very good without too much adjusting.

But I will try to show that when I can take some pictures.

After using my old D80 for some years In finally decided to replace it. Ended up getting a D7000.

First impression is that it is an amazing camera. I thought it would be good, but so far it has been better than I expected it to be.

I had the intention to go out and take a few photos to show the performance, But it will have to wait.

The two things that I reacted to though was how well it acted at high ISO. And after that the colors, they come out very good without too much adjusting.

I have recently purchased a D7000 too, not had too much chance to use it yet but I will.

Random Photo's Updated My Last Night

I always take life with a pinch of salt, plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila

lbfucker.gif babydollsaddict.gif

The quality of the photos at an ISO of 5000 are the same as a D700. This is Nikon's most advanced camera now. I believe they are going to incorporate the new technology into the D800, which is the D700 replacement later this year.

The quality of the photos at an ISO of 5000 are the same as a D700. This is Nikon's most advanced camera now. I believe they are going to incorporate the new technology into the D800, which is the D700 replacement later this year.

Yes it is most likely that they will do something like that.

The D7000 has a completely new focus system and a very good CCD, put that in a fullframe body like the d700, and it would probably make pretty nice camera. However it is not out yet, and there will be a price on it. :)

As I see it, the D7000 does not really have competition, for normal/semi advanced users. In the Nikon family that is.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont have the D-7000 but I was reading a review of this camera and the thing that I liked is that ut has 2 SD slots so if you can have RAW files for to one card and JPEGS go to another. They took that feature from the Nikon D-3 which I love.

yes, that is handy. Still not taken any shots to post here. Have been waiting for a replacement lens. Had to replace my old one. Mechanical failure.

The best thing to do is dont buy DX lens buy the full frame lens that way if you do go to a full frame Nikon your lens are good and they wont crop the image and also. Buy fast glass what I mean by that is buy your lens with f1.4 , f1.8, f2.0 , f2.8 or f4 the bigger the f stop the better you can shoot in low light area's and you will have a short depth of field. Yes the lens are more expensive buy it not the camera body that makes the image it's the glass you shoot with that does.

The best thing to do is dont buy DX lens buy the full frame lens that way if you do go to a full frame Nikon your lens are good and they wont crop the image and also. Buy fast glass what I mean by that is buy your lens with f1.4 , f1.8, f2.0 , f2.8 or f4 the bigger the f stop the better you can shoot in low light area's and you will have a short depth of field. Yes the lens are more expensive buy it not the camera body that makes the image it's the glass you shoot with that does.

Most of my lenses are intended for full frame cameras. Got 28-75 f2.8 + 80-200 f2.8 + 50 f1.8 + 120 f2.8 and a crappy 200-400 thingy, though that one is utterly useless.

The lens that gave up on me was pretty standard 18-55 f3.5-5.6. That area however is a little problem to replace with a full frame lens. And the price on a faster dx version is just silly. I ended up buying a pretty cheap Nikon replacement. Af-s Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-56 G II ED. It's a simple kit lens but it is surprisingly sharp. For my need it works. That 18-28 range that is not something I use all the time, but I would miss it when out and about taking city/landscape pictures. Or when there is a serious lack of room.

Pro:

Cheap as ...

Sharp

Light

Con:

f3.5-5.6

Dx

But I figured, if/when I change to full frame, I'm not going to use it anyway. And for the price of just below $70 I can live with it.

Most of my lenses are intended for full frame cameras. Got 28-75 f2.8 + 80-200 f2.8 + 50 f1.8 + 120 f2.8 and a crappy 200-400 thingy, though that one is utterly useless.

The lens that gave up on me was pretty standard 18-55 f3.5-5.6. That area however is a little problem to replace with a full frame lens. And the price on a faster dx version is just silly. I ended up buying a pretty cheap Nikon replacement. Af-s Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-56 G II ED. It's a simple kit lens but it is surprisingly sharp. For my need it works. That 18-28 range that is not something I use all the time, but I would miss it when out and about taking city/landscape pictures. Or when there is a serious lack of room.

Pro:

Cheap as ...

Sharp

Light

Con:

f3.5-5.6

Dx

But I figured, if/when I change to full frame, I'm not going to use it anyway. And for the price of just below $70 I can live with it.

I will be taken the 14-24 f2.8, 24-70 f2.8 and the 50 f1.8 when I go. I was thinking about taken the 70-200 f2.8 but not sure. Looking forward to shooting some sunsets and some sunrises as well as a few girls that will model for me.

The update for the D700 has been a long time coming. I'm still using a D200, which is still a great camera, but have been waiting for a D700 update. Depending on spec and price I'll give it a look, but the Canon EOS 5D Mk II is starting to tempt me.

The update for the D700 has been a long time coming. I'm still using a D200, which is still a great camera, but have been waiting for a D700 update. Depending on spec and price I'll give it a look, but the Canon EOS 5D Mk II is starting to tempt me.

Considered going Canon too for a while, but having to replace all gear just is too much. It's a cost I could not justify.

What I have seen when it comes to quality of pictures is that the difference between the brands are pretty small.

I still have a D-200 and I like it as well. I then picked up the D-700 and then I upgraded to the D-3. So I shoot mainly with my D-3 but my D-700 is my second body and I love it as well. But the whole think about canon and nikon is they are both great camera compaines. It all come down to cost do you want to rebuy all your equipment or stay with what you have.

I still have a D-200 and I like it as well. I then picked up the D-700 and then I upgraded to the D-3. So I shoot mainly with my D-3 but my D-700 is my second body and I love it as well. But the whole think about canon and nikon is they are both great camera compaines. It all come down to cost do you want to rebuy all your equipment or stay with what you have.

The problem is with the lenses...I only have 1 lens that will work on the FX format (and that one is too large and heavy to be practical). Buying into Canon won't be much more expensive that switching Nikon formats. The resolution I've been seeing from the 5D makes a compelling case, but I'll wait and see what the specs are for the new Nikon before committing.

The problem is with the lenses...I only have 1 lens that will work on the FX format (and that one is too large and heavy to be practical). Buying into Canon won't be much more expensive that switching Nikon formats. The resolution I've been seeing from the 5D makes a compelling case, but I'll wait and see what the specs are for the new Nikon before committing.

I am still a Nikon guy thru and thru. I still think that Nikon has better low light and high ISO then Canon. i also think that Nikon glass is the best glass. but thats me. But still Canon is a good camera.

I am a Nikon guy, but I have been seriously considering getting the 5D Mk ii because of the resolution and the light weight. If I get it I will more than likely only get the kit lens and a 50mm prime lens. It would be mainly a travel and walk around camera. I have been reading that the problems in Japan may delay the introdeuction of the D800 and well as the 5D mk iii.

Gotta say I love my D7000... just a few pictures from my recent trip :). I've got a great TGF now so you only get the anonymous ones and not the really great ones of her ;).

Focus is more accurate than my D90 and the little tweaks here and there do help. ISO performance on the D90 wasn't that great with colours degrading over ISO 1600. The D7000 gives me an extra couple of stops on ISO and even at max ISO the image grain is pleasing!

For reference the night/fire show pictures are all ISO 3200+ with either Nikon 35mm f1.8 or Nikon 50mm f1.4. Other Lens is 17-55mm Nikon f2.8 (lovely lens).

The Panoramic Shot is 3 pictures stitched together (should have shot portrait and done 6 shots) and I'm going to print it out 200cm x 50cm and hang it in the lounge. The extra resolution combined with a decent lens is genuinely useful for me.

I think the Canon versus Nikon debate is somewhat meaningless. At any point in time one or the other will have a better body at a given price point. Lenses are reasonably comparable. It's not the camera but the photographer that makes the difference!

Equally I disagree that it's not worth investing in DX and to go for full frame. The only reasons I can see for going full frame is either you genuinely need the high ISO and resolution or you're a pro photographer. Really the D7000 has more than enough pixels and resolution. DX sensors will only get better over the next couple of years but to be fair I feel the D7000 gives me all I'll need for a very long time. In the next 5-10 you'll probably be able to go to 40Mp @ ISO 128000 on a DX sensor with very little noise. At this point lenses become the limiting factor however full frame lenses actually give better quality on a DX body! Why? Well you don't use the whole glass in the lens... and lenses have issues at the edges hence better image quality.

As an aside my DX lenses still out resolve DX sensors so there is still plenty of room to grow.

DSC_1442.jpg

DSC_1526.jpg

DSC_1536.jpg

DSC_1543.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1841.jpg

DSC_1855.jpg

DSC_1955.jpg

DSC_2027.jpg

DSC_2039.jpg

DSC_2075.jpg

DSC_2087.jpg

DSC_2162.jpg

DSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2508.jpg

DSC_2513-DSC_2517.jpg

DSC_2564.jpg

DSC_2605.jpg

DSC_2759.jpg

DSC_2766.jpg

DSC_2915.jpg

DSC_2923.jpg

Great pictures JoJo90!

A camera is just a tool, it all comes down to one's ability as a photographer. The D7000 is Nikon's most advanced camera. I know a professional photographer back home that bought one as a backup body and absolutely loves it and uses it all of the time. You can get ccaught in the trap of chasing technology as camera bodies contnue to improve. Spend your money on the glass.

Gotta say I love my D7000... just a few pictures from my recent trip :). I've got a great TGF now so you only get the anonymous ones and not the really great ones of her ;).

Focus is more accurate than my D90 and the little tweaks here and there do help. ISO performance on the D90 wasn't that great with colours degrading over ISO 1600. The D7000 gives me an extra couple of stops on ISO and even at max ISO the image grain is pleasing!

For reference the night/fire show pictures are all ISO 3200+ with either Nikon 35mm f1.8 or Nikon 50mm f1.4. Other Lens is 17-55mm Nikon f2.8 (lovely lens).

The Panoramic Shot is 3 pictures stitched together (should have shot portrait and done 6 shots) and I'm going to print it out 200cm x 50cm and hang it in the lounge. The extra resolution combined with a decent lens is genuinely useful for me.

I think the Canon versus Nikon debate is somewhat meaningless. At any point in time one or the other will have a better body at a given price point. Lenses are reasonably comparable. It's not the camera but the photographer that makes the difference!

Equally I disagree that it's not worth investing in DX and to go for full frame. The only reasons I can see for going full frame is either you genuinely need the high ISO and resolution or you're a pro photographer. Really the D7000 has more than enough pixels and resolution. DX sensors will only get better over the next couple of years but to be fair I feel the D7000 gives me all I'll need for a very long time. In the next 5-10 you'll probably be able to go to 40Mp @ ISO 128000 on a DX sensor with very little noise. At this point lenses become the limiting factor however full frame lenses actually give better quality on a DX body! Why? Well you don't use the whole glass in the lens... and lenses have issues at the edges hence better image quality.

As an aside my DX lenses still out resolve DX sensors so there is still plenty of room to grow.

DSC_1442.jpg

DSC_1526.jpg

DSC_1536.jpg

DSC_1543.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1841.jpg

DSC_1855.jpg

DSC_1955.jpg

DSC_2027.jpg

DSC_2039.jpg

DSC_2075.jpg

DSC_2087.jpg

DSC_2162.jpg

DSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2508.jpg

DSC_2513-DSC_2517.jpg

DSC_2564.jpg

DSC_2605.jpg

DSC_2759.jpg

DSC_2766.jpg

DSC_2915.jpg

DSC_2923.jpg

I have nothing against the DX sensor Nikon camera. I have one. But I just buy FX lens because I have a full frame camera but before I went full frame I always bought full frame lens just incase I wanted to go and also plus the 1.5 crop factor is aslo great with that lens as well. I know the big thing everybody askes me about when they want to buy a camera is mega pixsel I have to have the highest and I tell then there is really no big difference from a 10 to 12 mega pixal camera. I too look at the High ISO thats what I look for. I also like the feel of a Nikon camrea in my hand. The Nikon vs Canon I dont bother with. because I'm happy with what I have and love my Nikon gear. I have been shooting with Nikon for over 30 years. I have shot with Canon 5D and its a good camera but I just did not like the feel of it. But its a good camera. I have been thinking about getting the D7000 for a nother backup body. But also waiting on the D-700 replacement and see what that will offer. thanks for the picture. Also you are right its not the camera its the eye behind the view finder that makes the shot. I have had people say I love that shot what camera did you use and I tell them and they say WOW that a good camera. I tell people you can take a great picture with an Iphone it all in the compensition and the eye that makes the shot.

Thanks for the photo's.

Shame the photos have gone missing ! I'm normally a Nikon man, but I've always had to admit that Canon seem to take better pictures 'out of the camera' - my D200 shots have always required some tweaking to prevent them looking 'flat'. My compact - a Powershot G12 produces better jpegs.

• 3 months later...

I used to be a professional photographer and in the industry, there is fierce brand loyalty, with compelling arguments in favor of both makers. My impression has always been that if price is not a concern, then everyone would go with Nikon, which is the industry leader. But Canon is more affordable, and some models are better than the Nikon equivalent. Ultimately, the sensor and the lens are what it is all about, so if you are invested in several lens, you are pretty much stuck with a particular brand.

But then if price were really not an issue, Leica cameras are works of art...

I used to be a professional photographer and in the industry, there is fierce brand loyalty, with compelling arguments in favor of both makers. My impression has always been that if price is not a concern, then everyone would go with Nikon, which is the industry leader. But Canon is more affordable, and some models are better than the Nikon equivalent. Ultimately, the sensor and the lens are what it is all about, so if you are invested in several lens, you are pretty much stuck with a particular brand.

But then if price were really not an issue, Leica cameras are works of art...

I have to agree about if you have already laid down alot for good lens you are stuck with that brand. Yes Leica is a great camera and I have read alot about the new Fuji x100 that looks like it will be a great camera. So when I get to thailand I will look at camera store in BKK and just check it out. Now the rumor is next month Nikon is will bring out two cameras the D-4 and the D-400. There is talk about a D-800 to replace the D-700 and the D-400 will replace the D-300. So we will see. Nikon also came out with a new 40mm 2.8 lens as well.