IGNORED

Approached By Two Lovlies on Beach Road

Pattaya_Brian

Making my way home from Villa Market, I stopped at the beach to have a smoke.

Two Thai girls came up and wanted to ask me questions. They had paperwork, clipboards, etc. One did all of the talking. We'll call her Wan.

Wan: "Where you come from?"

Me: "America."

Wan: You tourist or you retire Pattaya?"

Me: "Not retire, but stay longtime, 5 years."

Wan: "Oh, oh."

Wan: "You hear of McDonalds?"

Me: (Chuckle) "Yes. I told you I come from America. McDonalds from America."

Wan: "Oh, OK. You know or hear Burger King?"

Me: "Yes. Also American."

Wan: "OK. Now, you know KFC?"

Me: "Where do you think KFC come from?"

Wan: "Here. Pattaya have KFC."

Me: "OK."

Wan: "You know Pizza Hut?"

Me: "Yes, that's also American. Remember? I'm from America?"

Wan: "Oh, OK. Now, you know Subway?"

I didn't bother.

To cut a long story short, I spent about 30 minutes with them answering their questions for market research. It turned out they were doing the surveys for Subway.

A different experience in a town full of different experiences.

I saw something the other day that said that Subway now have more outlets than McDonalds. Sorry, I know nothing to do with the OP but I thought I would share...:D

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

you were lucky, the last time a cutie girl approched me with a clipboard like that she conviced me to attend some kinda time share scam, did not get sucked in and it all seemed pretty dodgy but a total waste of time.

making you way home from the villa market you stopped at the beach ? do you live on a boat ?

usually those surveys are setting you up for some sorta scam

I saw something the other day that said that Subway now have more outlets than McDonalds. Sorry, I know nothing to do with the OP but I thought I would share...:D

Saw that last week too ,way out never would of thought it got that big

None

I had just bought a small statue of a horse and I was heading back to the hotel with it in my bag, when I was stopped by one of these girls. "Where you from?" "The US," I answered. She had a puzzled look on her face. "You know? - the United States? - America?" "OOOH, Ameerika! You from Ameerika you cowboy." "OK, I guess I'm a cowboy," I said to play along.

She said, "Realry? If you cowboy, where you horse?" And I reached into my bag....

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

She said, "Realry? If you cowboy, where you horse?" And I reached into my bag....

EXCELLENT ! :D

usually those surveys are setting you up for some sorta scam

I always speak to them in Spanish ... 'course I do not know much Spanish but it is usually enough.

I had just bought a small statue of a horse and I was heading back to the hotel with it in my bag, when I was stopped by one of these girls. "Where you from?" "The US," I answered. She had a puzzled look on her face. "You know? - the United States? - America?" "OOOH, Ameerika! You from Ameerika you cowboy." "OK, I guess I'm a cowboy," I said to play along.

This made my day. :laugh:

I personally didn't get approached by any lovelies for surveys. Only tailors kept bothering me.

Trips so far:

10/27/2010 - 11/5/2010 Pattaya

9/13/2011 - 9/22/2011 Pattaya

9/15/2012-9/27/2012 Pattaya

9/7/2013-9/26/2013 Pattaya

Next time: September 2014. Booked hotel already for the whole month, but no clue about the days yet. Waiting til like April or even june to see if Finnair has cheap flights, or Turkish.

I had the little survey hottie approach me on Beach Road. wanting to sell me the time share scam. The only thing I wanted to buy from her was a shag! :P She wasnt game...

Thats funny. Good story mate.

Edited by Lestat

Free today - Pay tomorrow

Hooked by Thailand PR girls :D I usually don't mind if it's the beer girls in bangers but i don't think i'd bother talking about fast food ;) Fast time with them in a st room maybe :D

I shout "Russia" really loud, in the same way Russians say it and they leave me alone.

I use the immortal line from Blackadder where he is trying to make out he is mad. Every question is answered with the word Wibble they just look at me and give up very quickly.

On a rugby tour once as a punishment for kicking the ball I was only allowed to say Wibble for a whole day and as I was then made to order every drink and all the food for the day it caused loads of confusion and fun

^ Reminds me of Fuzzy Duck :D

and reminds me where Wibble comes from, thanks!