IGNORED

Town lodge, opinions?

homersimpson

Hello

I have been looking places to live near sukhumvit for a long time now. I emailed Town lodge on soi 18 because their rooms look nice on picture and got a good deal for longstay. But i need to hear from you who have stayed here if its any good also. :)

Thank you

I have stayed there and the Swiss Grottino. Both very good, IMHO. 24 hour security and a spacious room with good housekeeping service. The Town Lodge is a bit of a walk to the Skytrain, however.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Tell us how much they told you per month. Thanks

Tell us how much they told you per month. Thanks

30000 baht/month for standard and deluxe

60000 baht/month for jacuzzi suite

I have stayed there and the Swiss Grottino. Both very good, IMHO. 24 hour security and a spacious room with good housekeeping service. The Town Lodge is a bit of a walk to the Skytrain, however.

The walk doesnt bother me, its just 500m to sukhumvit main road. So i guess im safe staying here. Have asked many hotels for monthly deals in nana and asoke area. But this one seemed to be of best value. Second deal i considered was a studio at Grand president soi 11 for 36000baht/month, but i found too many bad things about that hotel. Cant seem to find anything bad about town lodge, so now im pretty sure of where i will spend my time in thailand :Chokdee3:

Edited by homersimpson

I will come back with a hotel review if everything goes as planned. But its a couple of months left.

I have stayed there before and after the renovation, since 2 years it's owned by some Swiss guy, and it has also been renovated by a Swiss guy according to Western (my) standards.

That guy knows what he's doing, they have wooden shutters in front of the windows, very quiet airconditioners, and the rooms are really classy, nothing wrong with them, and certainly not according to Thai standards :P

It's at the end of the (quiet) soi, and the last time I was there, there was a golf-court next to it, but I heard that they had plans to start construction over there, but it was almost 2 years ago, better to check it out 1st.

Since it's at the end, it's about 10-15 mins walking to the nearest BTS station.

Paid 1200 a night for a loom at the street side, saw that you'd have to pay 30.000, so that's 1000 a night, not much discount really, but it's best possible that the rates have gone up in the meanwhile.

Edited by cocodile

According to a friend who has just returned, there's construction next to the hotel. Unless you're a very heavy sleeper (or go to bed early) you'll get a rude awakening in the morning.

And I don't mean a blow-job !

Edited by Slacker