Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Multiple entry tourist visa

aaaa1111

Hey, is it possible to get one of these at the airport - as there is no time to get one from a consulate (flight is tomorrow)

Also, is this the correct visa for me? A bit about myself:

On a gapyear - staying in thailand for 5months, doing the backpacker/touristy stuff as well as diving. Got sufficient funds and a return ticket booked for 1st August 2011.

Thanks

Hey, is it possible to get one of these at the airport - as there is no time to get one from a consulate (flight is tomorrow)

On a gapyear - staying in thailand for 5months, doing the backpacker/touristy stuff as well as diving. Got sufficient funds and a return ticket booked for 1st August 2011.

Thanks

any visa for Thailand you can only get OUTSIDE Thailand, you can only get 30 days exemption by arrival at airport supposing you are from a country on that list

BTW , good timing for you'r trip that you now just worry yourself :Oops1:

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Just take the 30 day tourist visa at the airport and after these 30 days make a trip to Vientiane Laos or Cambodia to

get a single or multiple entry tourist visa to cover the other 4 months .

Depends a little bit on what country you from if you get a 60 day single entry or a mutiple entry in especially Laos .

Both visas you can get an extra 30 days for 1900 baht at the immigration office in Jomtien .

Thanks

BTW , good timing for you'r trip that you now just worry yourself :Oops1:

Hilarious - got to ask what it is you're studying lol - business planning or anything like that?

As David said, you can only get one outside Thailand and you should have sorted that out a couple of weeks back.

Presumably you're on the way by now and you will come on on 30 day exemption.

The only way you can stay here for 5 months (Ed' Visas?) is to go back out within your 30 days, eg to Phnom Penh and get a 60 day Tourist Visa - free until 31st March then pay.

You could extend that by 30 days at Jomtien, but as you will need another 60 days at that point you might as well go and get another one.

There are agents who might be able to get you a Double Entry TV - at a cost - then you'd have to do a border run to activate the second part. Consulates have been playing hard to get on issuing Multi-Entry TVs.

Just a quick one - I have a tourist multiple entry visa... stupidly applied far to early!! total opposite of this guy!

Anyway.. where do I extend when the first 60 days run out? I will be in Pattaya (of course!) :)

Just a quick one - I have a tourist multiple entry visa... stupidly applied far to early!! total opposite of this guy!

Anyway.. where do I extend when the first 60 days run out? I will be in Pattaya (of course!) :)

Firstly, why do you say you applied far too early?

Can we assume that it is still valid. I'm not sure, but I think you have to use it within 3 months (validity).

You can extend the first (and subsequent) 60 day period at Jomtien Immi' by 30 days for 1900 Baht.

You activate the second (and subseqent) 60 day period by exiting and re-entering.

Does that answer your Q?

I got my VISA stamped last month, and I'm leaving next week. I thought I was leaving last month but got delayed so yeah.. I guess I have wasted 30 days of my first 60.

Jomtien is brilliant - I thought it might of been BKK. 1900 is a bit steep mind! Oh well!

Thank you Edge, appreciated.

I hate to ask another question but forums really are the best way to find out.. what is the best option for exiting and re-entering....? When I was in Samui a few months back people were getting cheap coaches and doing it all in 10 hours... but yeah, cheap and cheerful option would be great if there is one!

I got my VISA stamped last month, and I'm leaving next week. I thought I was leaving last month but got delayed so yeah.. I guess I have wasted 30 days of my first 60.

Jomtien is brilliant - I thought it might of been BKK. 1900 is a bit steep mind! Oh well!

Thank you Edge, appreciated.

I hate to ask another question but forums really are the best way to find out.. what is the best option for exiting and re-entering....? When I was in Samui a few months back people were getting cheap coaches and doing it all in 10 hours... but yeah, cheap and cheerful option would be great if there is one!

No, I think your TV is valid for 3 months i.e. you have 3 months in which to use/activate it.

Your 60 days doesn't start until you activate it by entering Thailand.

Most people do a border run with one of the mini bus operators. You can book at various places (Queen Vic?) and a breakfast and meal on your return are included for about 2400 Baht - about 7-8 hours I think.

You don't have to pay the 1900 extension fee/s unless you need more than the 2 x 60 days you already have of course.

• 2 months later...

ok , have a question for you , guys :

I'm traying to get the 1 year multiple entry visa. So , if I have understood the rules above it , I only have to renew the visa every 60 days at the local immigration . Is'n it ?

Before the end of the 12 months visa duration , just take some days in KL or Singa or wherever , apply for another 12 months visa multiple entry and so over and over , right ?

But , final question , am I allowed to do this as long as I wish ???

I did not find on the forum any topic about getting residency in LOS until retiring ( maybe it's my foult ,I'll check once again ) so this seems to me to be the only way to stay years in LOS without workin permit or creating any company .

Have tried today to get some answers in Thai Embassy in Roma , the only one I've got is that they can only can issue the 12 month multiple entry option .

Thank you in advance !!!

ok , have a question for you , guys :

I'm traying to get the 1 year multiple entry visa. So , if I have understood the rules above it , I only have to renew the visa every 60 days at the local immigration . Is'n it ?

Before the end of the 12 months visa duration , just take some days in KL or Singa or wherever , apply for another 12 months visa multiple entry and so over and over , right ?

But , final question , am I allowed to do this as long as I wish ???

I did not find on the forum any topic about getting residency in LOS until retiring ( maybe it's my foult ,I'll check once again ) so this seems to me to be the only way to stay years in LOS without workin permit or creating any company .

Have tried today to get some answers in Thai Embassy in Roma , the only one I've got is that they can only can issue the 12 month multiple entry option .

Thank you in advance !!!

I think you would be better cut 'n' pasting this post into a new thread of your own - if I have understood you correctly.

This thread is about multiple entry Tourist Visa (60 days at a time) whereas you are talking about a One Year Multiple Entry 'O' Visa, basically 90 days at a time, because you have to exit every 90 days. You don't have to renew the latter until it expires. I think you're right that this is the one you need.

The answers are likely to get muddled in this thread - I'd start again if I were you.

You won't get residency in LOS btw, probably ever.

I think you would be better cut 'n' pasting this post into a new thread of your own - if I have understood you correctly.

This thread is about multiple entry Tourist Visa (60 days at a time) whereas you are talking about a One Year Multiple Entry 'O' Visa, basically 90 days at a time, because you have to exit every 90 days. You don't have to renew the latter until it expires. I think you're right that this is the one you need.

The answers are likely to get muddled in this thread - I'd start again if I were you.

You won't get residency in LOS btw, probably ever.

Thank you , Edge for replying me .

Anyway , cannot get a 12 months visa because they don't issue it anymore , as Embassy told . So , I will apply for the 60 tourist visa and renew it for the maximum 3 times it's allowed to .

Thank you , mate.

I'm just about to make an application for a tourist visa and I'm not sure exactly what to go for. I'm planning to stay long term so a multi entry visa would be perfect, but reading the application form they seem concerned to know about employment details and travel details for leaving Thailand. As I play poker for a living I don't want to declare that and I've no idea what my travel plans are to leave Thailand. How likely are they to reject my application if I put unemployed and have no ticket to leave within the first 60 days?

I'm a little concerned now I'm going to come unstuck with this visa lark.

'm hoping to fly into Bangkok in about 4 weeks, would it be better to forget about the visa right now and shell out for a return flight? Chances are if I do that I'll end up going to Laos to renew, and will waste the money for the return flight to the UK.

No problem, you are self employed as a risk analyst.

What you need is to show a bank account or something to prove that you can maintain yourself and property helps.

I'm just about to make an application for a tourist visa and I'm not sure exactly what to go for. I'm planning to stay long term so a multi entry visa would be perfect, but reading the application form they seem concerned to know about employment details and travel details for leaving Thailand. As I play poker for a living I don't want to declare that and I've no idea what my travel plans are to leave Thailand. How likely are they to reject my application if I put unemployed and have no ticket to leave within the first 60 days?

I'm a little concerned now I'm going to come unstuck with this visa lark.

'm hoping to fly into Bangkok in about 4 weeks, would it be better to forget about the visa right now and shell out for a return flight? Chances are if I do that I'll end up going to Laos to renew, and will waste the money for the return flight to the UK.

for employment you could maybe write: independent. but if your offical status is "unemployed", maybe you should write unemployed, i am not sure.

but for travel plans you can write:

for departure travelling

by: CAR

To(country beyond Thailand): LAOS

i came with a one-way ticket to thailand and i had no problem. i think officially an onward or return ticket is required (thats what the german embassy writes for thailand).

you can maybe read about it on the website of the uk embassy in bangkok.

if they require it you can just book online the cheapest flight out of thailand, e.g. with airasia

There's warnings all over not to try and fly without a return ticket unless you have a visa, and some airlines won't let you fly in any case as they have to fly you back for free if you get refused entry.

I'm worried now, but rather than hijack this thread i'll start my own with all my questions.