Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Internet Cafes in Pattaya?

Joltin' Joe

Leaving in a week for LOS. A few days in Bangkok, then to Pattaya for 8 days. I'm waiting for confirmation, planning to stay at Sabai Lodge. I usually bring my laptop on trips, but thinking I might not want to lug it around on this one, two plane changes and layovers and 24 hours total travel time. Plus, not that my computer is so great, not a Mac or anything, but has a lot of files and stuff I would hate to lose. Do laptops that won't fit in a room safe tend to disappear in Pattaya? Hope that question doesn't seem too ignorant, just that I see a lot of posts about pilfering when doing research on this great forum.

Am considering leaving the computer at home and just using internat cafes if they are easily found and the price is right. Are there a lot of internet cafes around Patts, and if so what do they charge? Thanks for any help.

There are literally hundreds of internet shops in Pattaya. Prices are more than reasonable somewhere around 60baht a time

I found it to be 1 Baht per minute, 20 minutes minimum.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

Think there is an internet cafe on Soi 3 towards the top, 2nd road end. See you at the bar at the Sabai Lodge.

Regards

David

int.jpg

Edited by DavidL

there is a travel agency/ internet cafe on soi 3, behind the A-One hotel not far from sabai lodge. if i recall correctly they were charging about 20 bath for half an hour. very friendly/helpful ladies workking there! last used October, 2010.

You will find internetcafes everywhere (more or less same same as 7/11s). Price varies a bit but as other BM mentioned usually around 60 baht/hour or 1 baht/min. Last time i used one in Soi Lengkee and only had to use it for a few min. to book a ticket. I was charged not even the minimum of 20 baht but only 10 - well i paid the 20 anyway.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Looks like I'll be leaving the laptop home. Thanks all for your help. What a great forum. Yep David, I'll be starting my Pattaya week at Sabai bar on March 15. Damn, seems like time is going so slow waiting for wheels up day.

i used the 1 in soi baeckow near the small market 30bt hour very good quiet many near the small market

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

be careful what you access on your account i.e. usernames / passwords.

Always scared they are using keyloggers and possibly taking screen shots

Yes, There are many of internet cofee. You can start also member and after you have better price.You will get your enter password. First time you pay 300 B and you have I think 14 hours.I can recommend you soi Central (direction from Tops market to Carefour shop) on the right side opposite enter Soi Buakhao.

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 4 weeks later...

there is one smack bang in the middle of Walking Street on the right hand side, cant remember what it is called though.."High Speed Internet" is the sign outside.

There are tons of them everywhere in pattaya, but i like to start my day at Soi 4 if i stay along beach road, order my black coffee and surf away. All that after a nice massage opposite of it. Good massage, good coffee ahhhh i miss that place already.

They all over the place, impossible to walk around down-town Patts and not pass an internet cafe. Also most hotels/guest houses now have wifi. You may want to pick up a little netbook while here, I seen them for 8000 thb in different stores. Maybe they're cheaper than that stateside?

• 3 weeks later...

There are literally hundreds of internet shops in Pattaya. Prices are more than reasonable somewhere around 60baht a time

Shop around, turist area 1 baht a minute, 60 per hour. .

Easy to find at 30 baht a hour if ya look. Lots of places have free wifi if you do bring a 'puter

Edited by marko456

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

They all over the place, impossible to walk around down-town Patts and not pass an internet cafe. Also most hotels/guest houses now have wifi. You may want to pick up a little netbook while here, I seen them for 8000 thb in different stores. Maybe they're cheaper than that stateside?

Got a netbook about 6-8 months ago 299 USD Eee PC perfect for email, and web surfing.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !