IGNORED

4-5 star hotels in chiang mai

j house rock

I will be in Chiang Mai around the middle of april,2011.Anyone been to the Shangra La or the Dusit D2 hotels.Are they close to the nightlife? Close to train station? Sightseeing? ETC.Or, can you recommend other hotels,that might be better for the price.These two hotels are around $100cdn a night.Through Agoda and Expedia.

Thanks for your time.

I stayed several times at the Shangri-La. Great service and nice rooms.

It’s located on Chang Klan road just a couple of minutes away from the Night Market.

Depending on the occupancy level, they have some great deals on offer, starting from about THB 3,600.- Bath per night.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Try the Dusit Royal Princess - I've stayed there many times. Some reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293917-d301341-Reviews-Royal_Princess_Chiang_Mai-Chiang_Mai.html

Pre-tax rate is usually around 1,100 baht per night. As the reviews suggest, it's barely a spit away from the Night Market; walk through that and you're very close to the 'night-life' area (principally beer bars). On the right side of town for the railway station too. Do not fall in lust with the receptionists ...but do make the effort to go to Doi Suthep as early as you can bear and watch dawn breaking over the city.

Edited by kansuwan