Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Etihad

MadStockBroker

I have to fly to Europe (from Bangkok) next month and I hate long haul flights. Last time was in 2001.

I like to go business class but I can't get a seat on the flight time i want.

My agent has got me economy in Etihad Airways but tells me they have good economy class and its much better then other airline.

Anyone ever flown long haul in Etihad can tell me if it was ok ?

Thanks.

in may i came from dusseldorf to bangkok with emirates and the economy class was very good.

in may i came from dusseldorf to bangkok with emirates and the economy class was very good.

Would not recommend Emirates as their seatng is 10 across in the 777s, most airlines it is 9 across.

Never flown with Etihad, but my brother has many times and highly recommends them.

Everytime i go thialand its with etihad, very very good economy no complaints!!

I always use them now as very impressed, the last few flights have been painfully quiet so full rows of seats to yourself ideal for shut eye. I think there was a choice of 50 different movies to watch and loads of other gadgety stuff in the entertainment console. Also had to have to helpings of lamb balti last time as the food was to good

I flew with Ethihad in September last year, don't remember the flight too well cos I was drunk and slept for the whole of the first plane journey to Abu Dhabi. The food was ok from memory and the entertainment was pretty good, all in all not a bad airline for the price.

Flown from London 3 times to BKK with Etihad. No prblems at all, good stopovers, good entertainment system and decent food.

Flown economy with Etihad a few times, never had problem, good leg room, personal TV gives great choice, only reason I dont always fly with them, is price sometimes goes up to much at certain times of the year.

Flew with Etihad on my first trip. They are good. Thai Airways has been my favourite so far.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Etihad:

The Bad:

First leg of the flight from UK the back of seat entertainment did't work all I coud do was listen to a reading of the Koran for about 8 hours (In Arabic), they did move me to another seat, but that was broken as well (I hoped they might up-grade me if I complained long enough, but no joy).

They were really crap with the drinks, the staff simply ignored all the call button requests (But it was quite funny watching everybodys lights being canceled only for passengers to "Ping" them again repeatedly).

They ran out of Red Wine on the first meal service.

The Good:

Decent leg room

The two flights back on my trip the entertainment worked ok.

I liked being able to stretch your leg in Abu Dhabi for an hour on th way out.

The fight out was at Christmas from Manchester was full & the staff were looking for volunteers to fly out on the next day, for this they were offering a free meal & hotel room in an airport hotel along with a payment of £200 if I remember correctly.

I might have taken them up on the offer, if I didn't have a connecting flight to Siem Reap.

Overall I thought the flight was pretty good, just don't plan on getting pissed on board & bring an mp3 player with you just in case your entertainment dosen't work & make sure you join Etihad's loyalty programme, it's free & your points don't run out after a time like some do).

Can't wait till my next trip at Christmas (flying with Etihad again).

I agree with some of what is said but ABU DHABI is one smoke filled shit hole i got stuck in for 12 hours China Airline is now my first choice once your on it next stop BKK no chance of a delay in any Arab shit-hole.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

My agent has got me economy in Etihad Airways but tells me they have good economy class and its much better then other airline.

Anyone ever flown long haul in Etihad can tell me if it was ok ?

flown twice with them with a short (couple of hours) stop-off in abu dhai. Very comfy seats, excellent in flight entertainment , good service and meals. Both times i went it was economy. Now my airline of choice :Number1a:

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

I flew twice with them before they de-camped from Gatwick to Heathrow. No complaints from me on food or service. Quick changes at Abu Dhabi (both ways). Return flights were always empty (no doubt the reason they've moved to Heathrow) so you could rack out and catch some zzzzzzz's.

Edited by Slacker

I agree with some of what is said but ABU DHABI is one smoke filled shit hole i got stuck in for 12 hours China Airline is now my first choice once your on it next stop BKK no chance of a delay in any Arab shit-hole.

Yeah tell me about it. The airports there are the worst EVER.

Good, comfortable and very clean.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

When my private jet was in for an oil change in June I flew with them , economy class !

For the price it was good value (25000Bt return to Manchester ) but they were a bit stingy with the drinks as Steve Zodiac said !

The food out was poor compared to Emirates, for example , but much better on the way back. Apart from that , there was not a lot of a difference between them apart from Abeu Dabby airport being more user friendly ( More seats and loo's )!

I was not impressed with Qatar , when I tried them !

Edited by swanks