IGNORED

need advice on girl friend's visa

flashfighter

Hi guy's looking for some advice for my gf.

She is currently living with me in Australia on a tourist visa class <676>.

She wants to stay with me and i want her to stay but visa has a no stay on it 8503.

What are my best options to get her back quickly after she goes home or is there another way of getting her to stay that i dont know about?

thanks

Ok. You have 2 options:

1. Get her 1 year visitor's visa. She can stay for 3 months on each stay.

2. Get her enrolled in her some English speaking course and get an education visa.

I am sure you do not want to marry her. If both of you want to marry, then you can apply for fiancé visa too. After that she can get a temporary visa and then apply for residency after 2 years of marriage.

Ok. You have 2 options:

1. Get her 1 year visitor's visa. She can stay for 3 months on each stay.

2. Get her enrolled in her some English speaking course and get an education visa.

I am sure you do not want to marry her. If both of you want to marry, then you can apply for fiancé visa too. After that she can get a temporary visa and then apply for residency after 2 years of marriage.

The first option may not be as easy as it seems. She may be able to get another visa once she returns to Thailand but getting a one year multiple entry may be pushing it a bit. IMO another single entry visa is more likely but they will think about it carefully before they issue it. You can only try.

Even if a one year multiple entry visa was issued it does not mean that she could stay in Australia for one year. It is a tourist visa and not a resident visa. Leaving Australia and then returning quickly would look like she was using the visa to reside in Australia. They may refuse entry.

The second option would be perfect if you can afford it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you want her back quickly it will have to be another tourist Visa.

You could go the fiancé visa but its a lot of paperwork and will probably take you a few weeks just to get it all together. I know of two people one doing a fiancé visa and the other doing a spouse visa, they have both gone over 3 months waiting for their answer. One got a successful reply after 14 weeks the other is still waiting and its now been 4 months.

I know when i did the fiancé visa 2.5 years ago it took 6 weeks, I believe they are a lot tougher now and they have a lot more applicants. This is one of the reasons its taking so long.

Good Luck

She can apply immediately for another Tourist visa as long as she satisfies them she is a genuine visitor.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

She can apply immediately for another Tourist visa as long as she satisfies them she is a genuine visitor.

i think i will start getting the paper work ready now as we will be flying back in late april.

I will be there for 4 weeks so i will try for the fiance visa and see how i go.

Thanks Guys

Could be a long wait.

I have just read on another forum and been confirmed by a friend that the visa processing time has been extended from 3 months to 10 months

Quote "that for offshore partner/prospective marriage visa applications lodged after the 7th of February 2011 standard processing time will be up to 10 months"

I have a friend who put his in just under 5 months ago and he's still waiting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy's looking for some advice for my gf.

She is currently living with me in Australia on a tourist visa class <676>.

She wants to stay with me and i want her to stay but visa has a no stay on it 8503.

What are my best options to get her back quickly after she goes home or is there another way of getting her to stay that i dont know about?

thanks

Don’t let her overstay her current Tourist Visa date for any reason, other than a legitimate extension from Immigration (but I doubt you will get one), or she will NEVER get a re-entry visa, even as your wife.

Tourist visas are not normally extendable as a rule (not in Australia and not when she is on shore in Australia), so in all probability she just has to go home before the expiry date and wait a period of 2-3 months before any chance of a re-entry (second Tourist Visa). Use the period she has been with you (keep photographs of the two of you together, with friends, diary of where you have gone together, phone calls, set up a joint bank account in Australia, if you can, etc) to establish your documentation records for proof of a legitimate relationship, so that you can apply for a Finance Visa next time around.

Finance Visa used to be good for a 9 month initial stay, by the end of which you are meant to get married or have agreed a date to get married.

Regards and good luck

Phil

Edited by pipoz4444

...wait a period of 2-3 months before any chance of a re-entry (second Tourist Visa).

That is not correct. They can and will issue another visa if they feel that the person will comply with the visa conditions. Obviously this is not unlimited but they will issue two back-to-back visas and perhaps a third if you are lucky.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

That is not correct. They can and will issue another visa if they feel that the person will comply with the visa conditions. Obviously this is not unlimited but they will issue two back-to-back visas and perhaps a third if you are lucky.

Yes you can always apply the moment she get back, but I can almost assure you, that the process before you get a response/appoval of that second Tourist Visa will take every bit of 2-3 months. Ask anyone who has taken a TG ir other Asian girl into Australia on a second visa - how long between drinks/visits they had to wait. PS My experience is just over a year ago and she was Asian.

Edited by pipoz4444

Yes you can always apply the moment she get back, but I can almost assure you, that the process before you get a response/appoval of that second Tourist Visa will take every bit of 2-3 months. Ask anyone who has taken a TG ir other Asian girl into Australia on a second visa - how long between drinks/visits they had to wait. PS My experience is just over a year ago and she was Asian.

A friend of the wife's is currently in Australia on her third back-to-back visa. Last time she came back and immediately applied for a new visa. They issued it within the normal one week after the application was submitted. After a brief interview on the telephone they told her that it will be the last tourist visa they will issue her.

I was just trying to point out that it is possible to get back-to-back visas and that it certainly is possible to do without having to wait 2 or 3 months. Some many be forced to wait that long and it probably indicates that the immigration people have some concerns about the application.

A friend of the wife's is currently in Australia on her third back-to-back visa. Last time she came back and immediately applied for a new visa. They issued it within the normal one week after the application was submitted. After a brief interview on the telephone they told her that it will be the last tourist visa they will issue her.

I was just trying to point out that it is possible to get back-to-back visas and that it certainly is possible to do without having to wait 2 or 3 months. Some many be forced to wait that long and it probably indicates that the immigration people have some concerns about the application.

Serious, I think you will find that the percentages of back to back quick visas are very very low and it would be interesting to see who else on this foroum has had similar sucess, as your friend,on getting their GIRLFRIENDs a quick back to back Tourist Visit. I have had three, first hand experiences in getting ASIAN girls a Tourist Visit visa into Australia, and none have been pleasent. Her background is a factor

Serious, I think you will find that the percentages of back to back quick visas are very very low and it would be interesting to see who else on this foroum has had similar sucess, as your friend,on getting their GIRLFRIENDs a quick back to back Tourist Visit. I have had three, first hand experiences in getting ASIAN girls a Tourist Visit visa into Australia, and none have been pleasent. Her background is a factor

Your statement was that there was no chance of a TG getting a visa within 2 - 3 months of returning from Australia. The fact that I know of someone who has got one very quickly after returning (not once but twice) to Thailand quite clearly demonstrates that your statement is incorrect. At no point did I say that it will always be possible or easy. As you indicate it will depend on the circumstances of the application.

I have also had three experiences of getting a TG a visa and all have been easy. I have had contact with a number of people who have got TGs visas and none have had any issues. I know of one other case where a TG got a back to back visa after an initial visit (I think she was in Thailand for about a month before she was back in Australia). IMO the key is a high quality application that covers the areas that immigration are concerned with i.e. compliance with visa conditions and that the person will leave Australia within the period of the allowed stay.

Your statement was that there was no chance of a TG getting a visa within 2 - 3 months of returning from Australia. The fact that I know of someone who has got one very quickly after returning (not once but twice) to Thailand quite clearly demonstrates that your statement is incorrect. At no point did I say that it will always be possible or easy. As you indicate it will depend on the circumstances of the application.

I have also had three experiences of getting a TG a visa and all have been easy. I have had contact with a number of people who have got TGs visas and none have had any issues. I know of one other case where a TG got a back to back visa after an initial visit (I think she was in Thailand for about a month before she was back in Australia). IMO the key is a high quality application that covers the areas that immigration are concerned with i.e. compliance with visa conditions and that the person will leave Australia within the period of the allowed stay.

Each to his own experience and lets see how he does with getting a second visa in quick sucession. I would be interested in the result and wish him well.

And yes you may well know someone who was sucessfull with back to back Thailand visas, for SINGLE FEMALES,(question is, how long ago was this). My view today is that this was more an exception to the Norm, than it was, the Norm. Lets just say I have a very good reason for expressing that view, today

This is not about you and I having a pissing contest on the forum, it is about giving the dude some advice on how the Australia Visa system works today.

Edited by pipoz4444

(question is, how long ago was this)

The girl was issued her third back to back visa about 2 months ago.

I never said it was about me. People should know that they can apply straight away and have a chance of success. As I said earlier in the thread you can only try. That is the message that I am/was trying to get across.

Try to get as much information from the experts as you can.....

go to the VFS in bangkok on the Thursday after 11am i think it is. You can talk to the DIAC offices that are there they will give you a lot of good information on what to do.

I applied for both a second tourist visa and a partner visa while i was there. She will have the 8503 attached to her tourist visa again. You can have both visas but you will not be granted a partner visa while your girlfriend is in Australia. The basic rule is if you apply oversea's then you have to be overseas to get the visa. So if they grant you a tourist visa then she will have to leave the country to get it.