Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jasmine Hotel Review

wanking

http://www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com

Jan 20th - Feb 6th.

Deluxe Room on the 2nd floor

Cost : 850 baht - 10% discount: 765 baht per night.

Pros:

Great location near Walking Street

Good value

Very guest friendly - No joiner fees

Excellent FREE Wifi

Low noise levels

Quiet aircon

Good comfortable bed

Friendly staff

No deposit needed when booking

Cons:

No in room phone

No bar

No restaurant

No decent nearby breakfast buffet

Useless indoor pool

Room a little basic

I stayed in the Jasmine for 17 nights from Jan 20th to Feb 6th, and I was pleased with the hotel overall. If you plan to spend a lot of time around Walking Street then it’s a winner, and I found it an easy stroll back with freelancers both from Walking Street and the Beach road.

The only real difference between Deluxe rooms and Superior rooms is that Superior have a balcony, but many of these Balconies don’t have a view, and as I couldn’t get a balcony with a view I opted for the Deluxe room. Make sure to ask for discount, as they give it If you stay more than a week. I got 10% , and so ended up paying 765 baht per night.

I also checked out the Superior plus rooms on the 5th floor that cost 1300 baht per night, and I might have thought about upgrading but they were all booked out. They are nicer than the cheaper rooms of course, and I might consider them next time.

I was very impressed with the Free Wifi, there are no passwords, you just connect your device and its worked perfectly all over the hotel, all the time. it’s the Best hotel Wifi I have ever encountered in any hotel anywhere. Also I use the wifi a lot, as I like to surf the net on my iPhone in bed.

The overall security of the hotel is good, and I didn’t have any problems at all. The girls are required to leave their ID card at reception where the reception staff scan it. Since there are no phones in the rooms, when a girl leaves she just collects her ID card, and there is no way for reception to know if you are happy or not. Again I had no problems.

The safes are in the computer room near reception with the 2 house computers. You are given a key, and when you want to open the safe you must get the receptionist to also open the safe with a second key at the same time. She then takes her key and walks away. Inside the safe, you have a box that you can also lock with your own padlock if you wish. I didn’t opt for this and I didn’t have any problems.

If you lose the key to safe, there is a 1000 baht fine for a new key. I decided to keep the key on a shoe lace around my neck, and I also kept a key for a locker in the room also on the lace around my neck. I kept my laptop in the locker in the room.

There are also bigger safes downstairs, big enough for a laptop and more but I didn’t use them.

I had a room on the 2nd floor near the back, and it was impressively quiet. You could hear a faint bass sound from one of the nearby clubs from 11pm to about 4 am but it certainly didn’t stop me sleeping.

The bed was comfortable but the I thought the old blanket was a bit dated, and some sort of light duvet would be more acceptable. As had been reported the towels are old and a bit hard, but they are not as bad as I thought they would be. The shower is a bit basic but the water was hot all of the time. Also they could have a little more furniture in the rooms.

When booking the room, you don’t need to send a booking deposit.

The downsides of the Jasmine are:

No restaurant or bar. They used to have a restaurant and bar, but gave up this service, and have put that useless indoor pool in the bar area. So its just bedrooms only now, and If they had a restaurant I’m sure I would have used it. There are no cheap buffet breakfast options nearby, and I used to sometimes go to the buffet at the Apex hotel on 2nd road, when I was up in time to make their 1.30 pm deadline.

The swimming pool in the Jasmine is a joke, too cold and too small.

Verdict: I would recommend the Jasmine overall, for the location, the price and the helpful staff.

Jasmine Entrance

Jasmine entrace.JPG

Reception

Jasmine reception.JPG

Deluxe Room - Terrible cheap looking blue paint

Jasmine DeluxeRoom.JPG

Locker in room

Jasmine locker.JPG

Safes near reception

Jasmine safes.JPG

Large safes

Jasmine Large Safes.JPG

Safe and Locker Keys on a shoe lace

Jasmine keys on a string.JPG

Useless swimming pool

Jasmine useless pool.JPG

Views from the 5th Floor where the Superior plus rooms are

Jasmine view from 5th floor 1.JPG

Jasmine view from 5th floor 2.JPG

Jasmine view from 5th floor 3.JPG

Jasmine view from 5th floor 4.JPG

Edited by wanking

:Greetings9:

:001_Thank_You5: for sharing your informative review and good pics!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

I've stayed at the Jasmine twice before and liked it. The location is great. It's been about 2 years since I was last stayed there but I heard that they now had an elevator.

I'm returning to Pattaya in April and I'm considering staying at the Jasmine again.

I stayed there on my first trip, taking the price and location into account, i thought it was good value for money.

I've stayed there too.

Had a room on the 5th that faced the water and really liked it.

Very friendly and attentive staff.

To me the no restaurant issue is no big deal since there are so many other choices so close by.

I feel sorry for them having invested in that useless pool. Oh well.

The elevator (which did not exist the last time I was there a few years ago) is a great improvement.

I use this hotel frequently for short stays, mainly because of it's location, and the rooms are clean and good value. Last night I was in Room 502, the first time I'd stayed in one of the superior rooms and the extra space was worth the additional 50 baht. I don't think it's worth paying extra for the sea view room because the view isn't so great, but you can jump off the balcony and land on the roof of Happy A GoGo.

Retired

Thanks for the review mate.

I have booked the accom for the first half of my holiday but am looking for somewhere else for the 2nd.

This might be the place.

Not too far for a GoGo St or picking up a FL.

I really wanna do a bit more of that this trip.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Just stayed there for 2 nights.. Very clean & basic rooms.

Recommended to stay if you have a budget & want to be in Walking Street.

Location wise, its the best.. Just walk straight and Baccara is infront of u..

I stayed on the Superior room at Lvl 5. (900 Baht/day)

Noise level is not an issue.

I stayed at the Jasmine and would say two draw backs were it was noisy because they were doing all kinds of construction down the ally and in the hotel itself. Also, that alley is kind of a drug dealer spot... a girl pointed this out to me, and I did notice some shady katoys hanging around. Great staff though and good value.

Stayed at Jasmine superior room for a week back in nov 2010, good price. I like the accessibility to the massage place nearby and also the seafood eatery just 5mins away. And the internet connection was superb too. Comtemplating to stay there again coming May....but i've been to Baboona too, it's so niceeee, i'll see what the wallet permits this time.

• 1 month later...

I use this hotel frequently for short stays, mainly because of it's location, and the rooms are clean and good value. Last night I was in Room 502, the first time I'd stayed in one of the superior rooms and the extra space was worth the additional 50 baht. I don't think it's worth paying extra for the sea view room because the view isn't so great, but you can jump off the balcony and land on the roof of Happy A GoGo.

from the 5th floor of Jasmines hotel I have kept seeing somebody's underwear on

top of Happy a go go's roof for at least the past two years ...

Edited by MauBud

คนโà¸à¸«à¸à¹€à¸¡à¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸žà¸§à¸à¹€à¸‚าไม่สามารถจัดà¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¸±à¸šà¸„วามจริง

เวลาที่เราอยู่คนเดียว à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§à¸™à¸±à¹ˆà¸‡à¸¡à¸­à¸‡à¹à¸‚นมองดูมือ ดูหน้าตามองตัวเอง ในà¸à¸£à¸°à¸ˆà¸ จะทำให้เà¸à¸´à¸”คำถามมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢ ที่มาพร้อมคำตอบมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¸žà¸­à¸à¸±à¸™ จะทำให้เราเข้าใจตัวเองà¹à¸¥à¸°à¸Šà¸µà¸§à¸´à¸•à¸¡à¸²à¸à¸‚ึ้นไปอีภอย่ามัวใช้ชีวิตเพื่อทำอะไรมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¹€à¸žà¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸™à¸„นอื่นอย่างเดียว ทำเพื่อนตัวเองบ้าง ชีวิตเรามันไม่ได้ยาวนานอย่างที่คิดหรอภทำวันนี้เพื่อพรุ่งนี้à¸à¹‡à¸žà¸­à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§...

Hey Wanking, a very good review. I have stayed there 3 times a few years ago but never in a Deluxe room, i always reccommend it to friends that are coming over.

Nice photos.

Cheers, mb.

• 4 weeks later...

from the 5th floor of Jasmines hotel I have kept seeing somebody's underwear on

top of Happy a go go's roof for at least the past two years ...

Underwear is still there, now accompanied by an old shoe.

Retired

Underwear is still there, now accompanied by an old shoe.

haha ! Yes ... I also saw it again a couple of weeks ago ....

we never seem to bump into each other on the 5th floor though ....

come and see my new topic .. BEST VIDEOS OF LIFE IN THAILAND ...

I'll have to shoot some footage like of the rooftops and stray cats of Pattaya sooner or later

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/77899-best-videos-of-life-in-thailand/page__view__findpost__p__1221474

Edited by MauBud

เวลาที่เราอยู่คนเดียว à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§à¸™à¸±à¹ˆà¸‡à¸¡à¸­à¸‡à¹à¸‚นมองดูมือ ดูหน้าตามองตัวเอง ในà¸à¸£à¸°à¸ˆà¸ จะทำให้เà¸à¸´à¸”คำถามมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢ ที่มาพร้อมคำตอบมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¸žà¸­à¸à¸±à¸™ จะทำให้เราเข้าใจตัวเองà¹à¸¥à¸°à¸Šà¸µà¸§à¸´à¸•à¸¡à¸²à¸à¸‚ึ้นไปอีภอย่ามัวใช้ชีวิตเพื่อทำอะไรมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¹€à¸žà¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸™à¸„นอื่นอย่างเดียว ทำเพื่อนตัวเองบ้าง ชีวิตเรามันไม่ได้ยาวนานอย่างที่คิดหรอภทำวันนี้เพื่อพรุ่งนี้à¸à¹‡à¸žà¸­à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§...

This is a small, boutique, family run hotel, which is very simple most lovely hotels I stayed 1. For the price, it exceeded expectations is a pebble shower fresh orchids every day, lovely clean sheets, soft towels, beautiful floors, flat screen TV, fabo breakfast, cocktail deck, so little crazy

i recomended i stayed 8 nights appril 2011 familiar hotel ;and 30 seconds to Lucifer ,imsomnia; good location ,atm in the corner but is a quitly place !!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

As they say ... When in Pattaya do as the Pattayan Alley Cats do ...

Shag wherever and whenever ..

...because tomorrow ...

... who knows if you still can ...

Pattaya Cats June 2011.jpg

Edited by MauBud

Nice pic MauBud. I was expecting to see a pic of the underwear in this photo.

I checked out this hotel on my last trip.

I was really interested in the pool but I must admit it did not look fit for swimming in.

On any of your stays there have you ever seen anyone in there?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Nice pic MauBud. I was expecting to see a pic of the underwear in this photo.

I checked out this hotel on my last trip.

I was really interested in the pool but I must admit it did not look fit for swimming in.

On any of your stays there have you ever seen anyone in there?

the one and only time I saw somebody in the pool was this last early May ...

.. I think they were eastern Europeans ... couldn't really tell where from 'cos I was

just quickly walking by ...

• 3 weeks later...

this hotel has a good review and good popularity index in tripadvisor website #16 of 268 hotels in Pattaya.also a good location and reasonable price.