IGNORED

Eastiny Residence/ Eastiny Hotel (soi 10)

Midgard

On my day of arrival in Pattaya (the 2nd of July) I took a look at quite a few hotels in the area around Soi 13 /Beach Road.

Many of these did not impress me (smell of smoke in the room/ small room/ old building, etc.)

I was therefore very happy when I found Eastiny Residence in Soi 10. The first impression was very good. New building, nicely dressed personal who even open the door for you when you leave/enter the hotel.

I was also very pleased with the room I got on the 5th floor,which had a large double bed.

There is a pool (on the 3rd floor, I think) and a laundry service right across the road.

To begin with I was worried about noise from bars in the area. I chose a room in the wing towards soi 10 and luckily for me the noise turned out not to be a problem and I slept well whenever I wanted to.

The price I paid was 980 Baht per night (reduced from 1060 Baht, I think) inclusive breakfast. There is no joiner fee if you have only one ladyboy with you. If you take with you two LBs, you have to pay 300 Baht.

As I found the price surprisingly low, I thought that the hotel had to save money on something and I suspected this to be the salaries of the personal.

I therefore left a 20 Baht note on my pillow for the room maid every day and tipped some of the other members of the personal with 100 Baht notes a few times

even if this is described as a fools behaviour in one of Neil Hutchisons books.

Three of the hotels closest neighbours are beer bars. As it is low season and I as a falang generally am looked upon as a walking ATM machine, it is only natural that bargirls/barmama/barpapa in these bars wanted to establish contact with me.

I may have made a mistake here as I got friendly with people in two of the bars and even barfined three workers in one of them, even if this did not happen before towards the end of my stay. After that I felt somewhat uncomfortable when I brought with me freelancers or workers from other bars.

The people in the neighbouring bars saw and knew everything, and sometimes commented on it.

I left the hotel and Pattaya on the 16th of July.

If I choose to stay somewhere else the next time I visit Pattaya, the reason is that I do not know how to tackle the neighbours. The hotel itself is very good.

Edited by Midgard

• 2 months later...
On my day of arrival in Pattaya (the 2nd of July) I took a look at quite a few hotels in the area around Soi 13 /Beach Road.

Many of these did not impress me (smell of smoke in the room/ small room/ old building, etc.)

I was therefore very happy when I found Eastiny Residence in Soi 10. The first impression was very good. New building, nicely dressed personal who even open the door for you when you leave/enter the hotel.

I was also very pleased with the room I got on the 5th floor,which had a large double bed.

There is a pool (on the 3rd floor, I think) and a laundry service right across the road.

To begin with I was worried about noise from bars in the area. I chose a room in the wing towards soi 10 and luckily for me the noise turned out not to be a problem and I slept well whenever I wanted to.

The price I paid was 980 Baht per night (reduced from 1060 Baht, I think) inclusive breakfast. There is no joiner fee if you have only one ladyboy with you. If you take with you two LBs, you have to pay 300 Baht.

As I found the price surprisingly low, I thought that the hotel had to save money on something and I suspected this to be the salaries of the personal.

I therefore left a 20 Baht note on my pillow for the room maid every day and tipped some of the other members of the personal with 100 Baht notes a few times

even if this is described as a fools behaviour in one of Neil Hutchisons books.

Three of the hotels closest neighbours are beer bars. As it is low season and I as a falang generally am looked upon as a walking ATM machine, it is only natural that bargirls/barmama/barpapa in these bars wanted to establish contact with me.

I may have made a mistake here as I got friendly with people in two of the bars and even barfined three workers in one of them, even if this did not happen before towards the end of my stay. After that I felt somewhat uncomfortable when I brought with me freelancers or workers from other bars.

The people in the neighbouring bars saw and knew everything, and sometimes commented on it.

I left the hotel and Pattaya on the 16th of July.

If I choose to stay somewhere else the next time I visit Pattaya, the reason is that I do not know how to tackle the neighbours. The hotel itself is very good.

I've stayed there twice and plan on staying there when I go back to Pattaya in January, it's a lovely little hotel with very friendly staff. I highly recommend it to anybody

Kylie's piss was real because her hotpants smelled of beans