IGNORED

Any Vietnamese Restaurants in Pattaya?

TING TONG DAN

I love Vietnamese food but in my 2 years of coming to Pattaya I have never seen or heard of any Vietnamese Restaurants. So if anyone has seen one and been to one please tell me were they are and if it was any good. I love Thai food but staying in Pattaya for 4 weeks each trip I would like to eat something different every few days.

There are a few. Are they good? Not compared to the Vietnamese food available where I'm from (there's a large Vietnamese community there). In addition, the Vietnamese food here gets Thai-ed, if you know what I mean. It seems that nam neung (meatballs served with vegetables, sauce and herbs which are used to wrap the meatballs) is a standard in every Vietnamese restaurant in Thailand for some reason.

Probably the best restaurant I've tried is on the west side of Third Road up from Central Road towards North Pattaya Road, perhaps 3 or 4 hundred meters along. Quite new and the ingredients are very fresh. Not cheap, not expensive.

Its very similar to Thai food with a few Variations but not much in my experience, there is one up South Pattaya road on the right near to Big C, but not been there.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

there is a new place on third road. If you are coming from the beach on Pattaya Klang take a left on 3rd road pass the bus station it is on the left.

there is a new place on third road. If you are coming from the beach on Pattaya Klang take a left on 3rd road pass the bus station it is on the left.

That's the one I was talking about! :) I can't remember the name.

The one mentioned on South Pattaya Road is called Vientianne or something like that. There's one on the Darkside too that just opened recently.

Thanks guys, I will try them out on my next trip in April. I have ask many girls before but all of them had no idea and have never eaten Vietnamese food as well.

• 1 month later...

Vientiane restaurant has a couple of pages of classic Viet dishes in they're menu. Pity it's such a trek.

The old Vientiane restaurant where the Avenue mall now is was one of my favourite eaterys in Asia.