Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Uk test

stone island

Lads

This uk test I thought was just a language test to test your English,my mate tells me his Missus is studying for it now but you have to answer questions on things like politics and lots of different shit

Is he pulling my plums?

Stoney

afraid not mate, my wife did hers 6 months ago ,absolute killer to do it im english and did not have a clue on most or all of it did it online and failed every time .if your missus going to do hers maybe better going down the learn english route easier.

hi mr stone :) the only word she needs to know is google ! regards craig :)

afraid not mate, my wife did hers 6 months ago ,absolute killer to do it im english and did not have a clue on most or all of it did it online and failed every time .if your missus going to do hers maybe better going down the learn english route easier.

alright griffinz

cheers mate,just looked into it more and failed it twice fuck me what alot of bollox.

what are the ways of bypassing this?

stoney

hi mr stone :) the only word she needs to know is google ! regards craig :)

cheers for that outstanding piece of info!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Australia we now have the Citizenship Test for people moving from a migrant entry visa onto becoming a citizen. They provide a booklet for you to study, and you have to sit a formal test that asks questions about Australia's history and current political setup etc. For example, who was the first Prime Minister of Australia?

It seems to be an attempt to encourage integration of other cultures into Aus, as many migrant groups tend to stick to themselves, and although they participate in the normal activities of daily living they isolate from the general community and don't become "Aussie" by nature or lifestyle. I guess also that if someone can't be bothered to read a thin booklet about the country they are asking to live in, they may not really be that committed to Australia.

And no, you can't get around sitting the test here.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

In Australia we now have the Citizenship Test for people moving from a migrant entry visa onto becoming a citizen. They provide a booklet for you to study, and you have to sit a formal test that asks questions about Australia's history and current political setup etc. For example, who was the first Prime Minister of Australia?

It seems to be an attempt to encourage integration of other cultures into Aus, as many migrant groups tend to stick to themselves, and although they participate in the normal activities of daily living they isolate from the general community and don't become "Aussie" by nature or lifestyle. I guess also that if someone can't be bothered to read a thin booklet about the country they are asking to live in, they may not really be that committed to Australia.

And no, you can't get around sitting the test here.

Cheers

Perthie

cheers perthie,i def agree with your point about if you cant be arsed to learn your not commited enough

my gf has a degree in english so thats what i meant abt getting around it not swerving it completly,as she has a degree and is fluent reading,writing and talking english whether she would still have take the test

cheers stoney

Your wife must pass life in the UK or ESOL.

New English language requirement for visa applicants coming to join partners in the UK

ESOL course in English with citizenship See further details here.

Regards Paul

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

as i said wife did take the test and passed 3 rd time.but my mates wife could not speak english,she went to college at the lowest level took her english test and this got her through,its a fiddle i know but thats how she did it.i have the disc somewere stoney it takes you right througe the living in the uk tests and has speaking and mock exams. il post it too you.

Hardly a fiddle she has to start at level 3 which is the lowest level then take a test and move up a level to demonstrate she has improved her English.

And she must attend college 3 times a week .

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

well i can only go by what i know.she could not speak any english speaks english now a little.went too college once a week and still got ILR.were as my wife had too pull her puddings out and revise im just saying how it worked its a fiddle.

As I said she must attend college generally 3 mornings per week and it does not matter if she can speak English or not. The whole idea is to improve her English once she moves for example level 3 to level 2 then she has demonstrated that she has improved her English. What then happens is she sits a test and receives a certificate confirming that she has moved up a level however this generally takes a year.

Thai Visa Express

Cheers tve

As my missus spks and writes fluent English surely re-learning English would be pointless,so I take it she would have to pass the life in uk test?

Also I was told if you have a degree in English you are not required to do the test,is there any truth in this? Her degree is Bachelors degree which she got in bkk

Thks

Stoney

Knowledge of language and life in the UK see link.

They are referring to the new English test a spouse must take before applying for a visa there are some exemptions.

Thai Visa Express

• 2 weeks later...