IGNORED

AUSSIES WITH THAI GF's.

Slapman

so i've had one for 15 months and it's cost me way too much monthly.

telstra thieves and hello thailand phonecard pull your hair out !.

but my guru mate put me onto OPTUS PREPAID $2 SIMS.

bit of a 20 min hassle to set up but easy to top up via voucher or credit card from then on.

here's the deal, $10 top up, 5 cent per minute to LOS.

thats 200 mins !.

the secret is as i said a hassle to set up. there's a nearly hidden box to select your zone plan, you need the asian zone a, the drop down box give you the rates.

save yourself some dollers and call her more often !, you'll bust her with somchai or learn to trust her more !. 555555.

tel$tra have been ripping off the country for decades, they can go fsck themselves for all I care.

You can do much better on skype or any other VOIP solution provided by any of the reputable internet providors.

Start with Internode.

Might have to check that out on our next visit to OZ.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I use CallThai.net

$20 credit will last my TGF calling home a couple of months calling every day or so.

Only costs a local call charge on top of that.

Skype...Minimum monthly renewable is $2 to Thai Mobile from Aus for 60 minutes.

Can get a slightly better deal with Rebtel, where you can call from Mobile to Mobile. but it can be configured so you can call from (Aus) landline to Thai Mobile....under 2cents a minute +local Aus call.

Can you set your GF up with a notebook...and do skype video calls...free....once you have the notebook.....and..if you land that Job...would be sweet :)

Cheers

H888

great info guys. many options to suit different situations. i work out bush alot and skype isn't always an option.

but the one i mentioned is purely for ease of calling in the city.

bought a $29 phone from coles so i don't have to change sim cards every time and just direct dial.

i went nuts after using thone phonecards with the failed call ratios.

but lots of new options to explore now, thanks again to all.

so i've had one for 15 months and it's cost me way too much monthly.

telstra thieves and hello thailand phonecard pull your hair out !.

but my guru mate put me onto OPTUS PREPAID $2 SIMS.

bit of a 20 min hassle to set up but easy to top up via voucher or credit card from then on.

here's the deal, $10 top up, 5 cent per minute to LOS.

thats 200 mins !.

the secret is as i said a hassle to set up. there's a nearly hidden box to select your zone plan, you need the asian zone a, the drop down box give you the rates.

save yourself some dollers and call her more often !, you'll bust her with somchai or learn to trust her more !. 555555.

VOIP is the best solution, MyNetFone have better rates then the major telcos, $0.019 to Thialand mobiles.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with the TGF mate. If you ever work them out then let me know.

Mine lives near Khon Kaen with mobile only.

I use a "Honest Everywhere" phone card from www.ozprepaidcards.com.au to call her mobile.

If she wants you to ring then she can SMS

The rates are cheap as and you get a choice of local Oz phone numbers to ring through.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Lucky Dragon phone card...i think its around 2cents a min. Yes i know what you mean Slapman with dialling of those numbers & sometimes you can't get through...pain in the arse! :SteamingMad:

My phone card is like a credit card...i just go into the Optus shop, they swipe the card & i'll give them the cash...pretty easy :Grin3: