IGNORED

Those Red Shirts

madge

I woke up this morning to the news that these political riots have reared their ugly heads again.I arrive in 10 days, is anybody any wiser to how things are going over there regarding this or is it nothing to worry about as we still havent had the travel warnings removed from last year I know its boring but its hard enough justifying these trips as it is and one just loves to monger :Number1a:

Not riots, just peaceful protests. And they have stated as such. There was one last weekend and no big deal. I swear, the international media has something to pay for the cost to Thai tourism due to sensationalist reporting...

No POMPEM.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

Unless you're a wannabe commando, who wants to presume to tell the Thais what to think, in their own country.

Then you will be summarily beaten in jail, like that silly Aussie fool.

Some folks just can't seem to respect others turf.....

Cheers

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

Not riots, just peaceful protests. And they have stated as such. There was one last weekend and no big deal. I swear, the international media has something to pay for the cost to Thai tourism due to sensationalist reporting...

No POMPEM.

Bloody oath the media has something to answer for as they even went as far as to say that now that the red shirts have just been released from their jail sentence they are more os less starting off where they left off again with full on rioting

I would be more concerned about the yellow shirts. They are now even trying to dictate foreign matters. I saw an article last week about political freedom. Political freedom in Thailand is slipping and it is rated now as 'partly free'. Yellow shirts = United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship = misnomer...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I would be more concerned about the yellow shirts. They are now even trying to dictate foreign matters. I saw an article last week about political freedom. Political freedom in Thailand is slipping and it is rated now as 'partly free'. Yellow shirts = United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship = misnomer...lol

Agree with you there Scumbag. Noticed in the news today that they're rallying in Bangkok and refusing to move until their demands over Preah Vihear are met (unlikely). Am hoping its not going to get out of hand again before i get back in 9 weeks time.

I believe this is meant to be a non-political forum...if so...Mods delete my post.

I am a little concerned with the rich getting richer....and the Poor getting Poorer( hate "cliches"...but this really is accelerating in Isaan) ..or EXPLOITED Further.

In November there was "talk" of a new Election...in Jan'11....has this been postponed ?

Or have the yellow shirts really taken the upper hand...at the EXPENSE of the Poor Isaan Farmers? Recently the price of rice dropped to 12bht per Kilo ( I assume due to "Strong Baht").

So what has happened to Thaksin???? He seems to have been silenced...if so, why and how so??

Locals are stuggling with massive increasess in Prices of essential consumable items and non consumables..price increases up to 50%...CRAZY...

Just my thoughts

Cheers

H888