Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

visa uk help

stone island

lads

i got a visa for the gf to come visit me over xmas,she stayed in the uk for 11 days as thats all the holiday time she could get off

i want her to come visit at songkran as she can visit me for 2 weeks due to thai holidays.the problem is the original visa we have

expires on the 11th april and im looking at her returning around the 17th april

we are looking at trying to get another tourist visa,but as we just had one will this be harder to get? ppl tell me you cant get 2 tourist visa back to back is this true?

is there anything different i should do from the last application,or is it worth us trying for a 1yr tourist visa so she can come and go till we get married later this yr and my gf move here full time

if anyone got any info be very grateful

cheers

stoney

Edited by stone island

How long was the visa for? Was it multi entry?

When I got one for my misus, I put on the form that she was staying for 3 weeks. The visa was actually for six months. We asked the guy in immigration if she could stay longer than 3 weeks and he said that the standard tourist visa is a 6 months multi entry which means she can come to the uk as many times as she wanted in the 6 month period.

Taken from here.

2.1.5 Multi-Entry Visas

Visit visas are normally valid for 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, 5 and 10 years. The visas are valid for unlimited journeys within the validity period of the visa. However, holders of visit visas may only remain in the UK for a maximum of six months on any one visit, or until the visa expires if less than six months. This restriction is indicated on the visa by the entry “180” days after the “Duration of stay” section. The holder may not remain (without further permission) in the UK after the “valid until” date on the visit visa, even if this is less than six months.

2.1.7 Discretion outside the rules or leave to remain beyond six months

Leave to remain beyond the six month maximum period should only be granted in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances such as the illness of a close relative (see the instruction relating to Chapter 17 Section 2 - Carers). Applications for leave to remain for a period beyond six months, where no such compassionate circumstances exist, should be refused (but see guidance on academic visitors, archaeological excavations, doctors taking PLAB test, parent of child at school and visitors for private medical treatment).

Where, however, an applicant seeks to remain for no more than a few weeks because he was unable to obtain an earlier flight, leave may be granted provided the application was "in time" (within the original period of leave) and the ticket with a confirmed flight is produced.

2.1.9 Frequency and Duration of Visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient ground for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the immigration officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in this country (but see guidance relating to visitors for private medical treatment).

Occasionally, a business visitor may be required to stay for a period of weeks or even months (for example where machinery is being installed or faults being diagnosed and corrected). The immigration officer should be satisfied, however, that a person's presence here on business for more than 6 out of any 12 months does not mean that he is basing himself here and holding down a specific post which constitutes employment and would therefore require the individual to seek entry under the Points Based System.

The embassy seem to interpret the rules their own way the 6/12 in the UK is only guidance.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

...but as we just had one will this be harder to get? ppl tell me you cant get 2 tourist visa back to back is this true?

That was probably told to you by people who did not know what they were talking about or have had different experiences and assumed that it would apply to every application. I doubt she will have problems getting another visa. It should be easier.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You will need to demonstrate she is a genuine visitor to the UK.

• Reason for visit
  • Adequate funds

As she has already visited the UK and returned I see no reason why they will not issue her with another visa.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059