IGNORED

30, 60 days where do you draw the line

Anokanite

I e-mailed the Thai Embassy today, Planning on arriving 27 Jan till 26 Feb at 6 AM. Just counted on a calender and will be there 6 hrs into the 31st day. Do I need a visa? The answer I got back states.

If you stay at the airport in Thailand not more than 12 hrs, you don't need visa.

regards,

I imagine that means be there by midnight.

Not a big deal I always like to leave a couple hrs early any way. Ever since a friend told me how his taxi driver died on the way to the airport. A little before where those 2 hospitals are across the road from each other. He pulled over and said I feel like shit you drive. My friend took him to one of those two hospitals, told them what was happening then had get another cab. When he came back he checked with taxi co they said the driver didn't make it.

You never know.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is when the plane departs that is important and not when you arrive at the airport. There is no fine for a 1 day overstay. I would risk it and not get a visa.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think it is when the plane departs that is important and not when you arrive at the airport. There is no fine for a 1 day overstay. I would risk it and not get a visa.

Correct. Good advice. The Thai consulates around the world are known for giving out shit advice and people take it as gospel because some ignorant employee told them.

Correct. Good advice. The Thai consulates around the world are known for giving out shit advice and people take it as gospel because some ignorant employee told them.

Especially that feckin eejut at Cardiff with the broom and mop - "The End of Visa Runs" lol. :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 weeks later...

I overstayed for a day , They let me off without a fine, Some do , some dont... They usually fine 500 bahts per day overstay... If you are overstay for three days, no point to travel to Cambodia to get extended visa, because you only have to pay 1,500 bahts fine rather than traveling 10 hours up and down for the cost of 1,500 bahts aprox...

Edited by jocky king

just overstayed on my visa for 2 days got fined for both days.

There is no fine for a 1 day over-stay. For a 2 day overstay it is 1000 Baht (ie 500 Baht for each day) and then 500 for each additional day. There is (or at least there was) a sign at immigration as you leave Thailand stating this policy.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....