IGNORED

Pakboong Loyfa

We were after some local food and decided on Pakboong Loyfa. It's a barebones restaurant located on the corner of Second Road and Soi 13/3. It's hard to miss, it's got fluorescent lighting and metal tables.

As I said, barebones; plastic plates, metal tables, haphazardly laid out. The place definitely felt 'local', although there were a few other tourists in there.

They gave us a big menu, large selection with pictures for all the dishes and English names.

We tried the Basil Chilli Chicken, Fried Noodle with Pork, Fried Rice with Duck and the Shrimp Tom Yum.

It was all delicious, easily better than a lot of the nicer looking restaurants we've tried. Tom Yum was nice and spicy.

Here's a quick videos with photos and a video of my mate trying the Tom Yum:

Prices are reasonable, I think most dishes range between 70 and 130 Baht. You can probably find cheaper at somewhere like Central Festival but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the review. I like this place too. Love the live seabass... if you think it is barebones now, you should have seen it 5 years ago. Do they still do the roadside cooking show by the way?

I have heard there is a good thai restaurant on the corner of 3rd road and soi xzyte and also one near third road and soi lenkee. Anybody know about these two place?

Thanks for the review. I like this place too. Love the live seabass... if you think it is barebones now, you should have seen it 5 years ago. Do they still do the roadside cooking show by the way?

I have heard there is a good thai restaurant on the corner of 3rd road and soi xzyte and also one near third road and soi lenkee. Anybody know about these two place?

I think one of this can be Mum Aroi at Sai sam.Third road,but sorry, don't know the correctly place.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

One of my favorite restaurants in Pattaya. Been hitting this place for ages. Massive menu and if you dont see what your looking for they would most certainly make it for ya if they can. Prices are very reasonable for just about everything on their menu.

As far as I can remember its open from about 5pm to about 4am most nights. There are 3 other Pak Boong Loy Fa restaurants scattered around Pattaya.

Corner of 2nd Rd and Soi 13/3

Corner of Pattaya Klang 8 and Pattaya Klang (Central Rd)

Corner of Pattaya Nuea (North Pattaya) and Pattaya Nuea 1.

Corner of 3rd rd and Soi 25 (I think its soi 25??)

Edited by SlickMonkey